(WiP) Woodhaven Map in Queens, NY

• Hi Everyone,

I recently started to work on a map is that based around my area called Woodhaven. The Q11 Bus will be the main line that runs in this area. The main thoroughfare will be the busy Woodhaven Blvd. It's a broad 8-10 lane roadway with traffic packed during rush hours. Stay tune for more updated info. As always, feedbacks are welcome. I'm new to this so I might need some help down the road. There will also be an additional bus that serves the city and some parts of Forest Hills.

Regards,
    Tony

Updated Bus Line

Q11 Bus ( The Woodhaven Bus Line )

Runs from the Queens Center Mall to Howard Beach in the Rockaways.

Below is the starting point for the Q11 bus near the Queens Center Mall.

Edited 6 times, last by yp050077: Added more screenshots of my Wood-haven Map ().

• Here is the busy intersection of Woodhaven Blvd and Union Turnpike. Stay tune for more pictures. A video will come shortly.

Regards,
    Yu

Bus Station in Woodhaven

Woodhaven and Myrtle Ave

Woodhaven and Union Turnpike.

Busy Rush Hour Traffic

Edited 4 times, last by yp050077: Adding a couple more pictures for my wip map. ().

• An sich nette Idee, aber mit Berliner Objecten kommst du nicht weit ;)
    Auserdem gibts doch extra für NewYourk denn CBS-Simulator.

Edited once, last by THSag ().

• Here is my first huge features and update for my Map.

Features: ( Tentative for now. May change as my map progresses over time)

- 100+ km of road including Expressways, major throughfares,
    parkways, narrow streets, shopping centers, Residuals Areas and more to
    come down the road.

- 7 Bus lines each with its own route and some hidden paths as shortcuts.

- Traffic Jam during Peak Hours. May take over 1hrs to get from one stop to the next.

-A massive breathtaking environment that has fully been recreated from the ground up.

- Relive the nostalgic drive through the Jackie Robinson Cemetery on the Jackin Robinson Pkwy.

- Navigate through difficult and dangerous streets that mgiht be daunting for beginner drivers.
    - Park Lane North area will feature mostly residential
    buildings, a massive forest filled with pedestrains and gorgeous trees.
    Spectacular weather effects and outcomes such as traffic accidents
    andcongestions.

- Forest Park Area- Forest Pkwy will be the main North-South
    thoufare here in the area. Might get packed during rush hour due to most
    cars heading onto the JRP. THis section will feature

- Jamaica- Altantic Ave area- Mostly Residential along with many High Rise apartment buildings.

- Park Lane South area features a wide variety of residential
    buildings, shopping malls and a subway which runs down Jamaica Subway.
    Since this area itself is a huge metropolis, it's easy for many drivers
    to get lost. (This really adds some exictment to the map).

- In the process of making : ( Lake Shore area will features mostly
    old urban homes and some shopping malls along the drastic sea of lake
    shore) It's main city connecting for be Lake shore Blvd and Lake Shore
    Fwy.

These are all the features for now. I'll update as time goes by.
    Here are are a few fresh screenshots for enjoy to enjoy.

Regards,

Yu

• Okay the map itself looks really great, but like other person said, you really have to use / build NY buildings.
    If you use berlin or german objects, there is no really a "NY-feeling" while driving through these roads with the lot of skyscrapers. So if you find someone who can help you, than this would be an awesome map (otherwise the map looks actually great too). ;-)

Auserdem gibts doch extra für NewYourk denn CBS-Simulator.

In wie fern kann man den CBS-"Simulator" mit OMSI vergleichen? 8| ^^ Und so nebenbei: da der TE allen Anscheinen nach Englich spricht, wäre es ja vielleicht möglich, die Antworten dann auch in Englisch zu verfassen. Englisch kann jeder ... Deutsch kann keener. :P

-----
    Windows 10 HP 64bit | 232GB SSD + 931GB SATA III + 2x externe à 1TB | i7-6700K 4x 4,00GHz | 16GB RAM | GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | DirectX 12 || Logitech G27 | 2x "AOC e2795Vh" + 1x "AOC E2752VA" à 1920x1080 || OMSI 2 läuft ganz passabel :P
    -----

• Okay the map itself looks really great, but like other person said, you really have to use / build NY buildings.
    If you use berlin or german objects, there is no really a "NY-feeling" while driving through these roads with the lot of skyscrapers. So if you find someone who can help you, than this would be an awesome map (otherwise the map looks actually great too). ;-)

In wie fern kann man den CBS-"Simulator" mit OMSI vergleichen? 8| ^^ Und so nebenbei: da der TE allen Anscheinen nach Englich spricht, wäre es ja vielleicht möglich, die Antworten dann auch in Englisch zu verfassen. Englisch kann jeder ... Deutsch kann keener. :P

Thanks for the comment. I was going to build the models for NY but there has always been one problem that I can seem to figure out. I've got all the mdoels with its etures into blender from sketchup. THe problem is how to put these textures onto my model in blernder. DO I need to head into object mode or edit mode? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.