Comments on "Vienna - The High-Floor Bus LU 200"

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Looking good. Spent an enjoyable 4 hours yesterday driving around. Very good performance. One persistent issue though - the heater/air conditioning doesn't seem to work. I can't do anything to raise the temperature and since I'm using real weather, the passengers are constantly complaining. I've tried fiddling with all the controls, but most results ended up being counterproductive (i.e. I managed to lower the temperature even further...).

You might also want to take a look at the red lights at major intersections, they seem unusually long, which oftentimes causes extreme delays (in excess of 6 minutes on one of my runs).

Other than that, a very solid add-on. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

• Thank you for your comment! We really appreciate your feedback and are very happy that so many users love our work

:)

For us as developers it's very important that we did a good job regarding to the performance, because this might be often one of the biggest problems in the gaming industry.

We have noticed the issue with the heating also in the German section already. It seems that there is a little mistake in the script, which we didn't reqognize at the tests but we are working to provide you all with a little patch as soon as possible to fix this little issues.

;)
  • As you mentioned before is support thread Wiener Linien hold the rights for what from the bus? Only paintings in my opinion. Because they didn't create the bus in real life. So why we shouldn't be able to repaint it? You just wrote in FAQ that you will not give any additional paintings, there isn't anything about painting it by ourselves.
    I'm writing this because I bought this addon just for the bus and now I can't do nothing with it.

• Rudy: I mentioned that we built the bus as the version as it was in service for Wiener Linien with their branding. So we didn't prepaire the textures for making other repaints like MR-Software did. Of course you can paint the bus in white/blue for your own, but you won't make the textures in that way as you might know from MR-Software...

• Thank you for your work on this amazing product. The timetable is very tight, but I guess it was like that in reality ? Bus drivers must have enjoyed that...

I have 2 issues:
    - Even with 250-300 pedestrian, in rush hour I do get a lot of pedestrian jam on the crossroads... ! As people just stay on the line so it makes them wait on the road when there is already too many of them on the next kerb.
    -Also a few textures seems to appear wrong-placed on some objects, like the railroad bridge you pass when you're on the bus lane and also some houses. I'll try to take screenshots next time.

Also I was wondering if it was usual to have so much traffic on both directions on rush hours, in such little roads ? Or is it a not so realistic ? I only have my AI traffic setted up to 250 and it's crowded

Appart from that, your work is really worth it. Just pure fun. I really hope to see more coming from you guys sooner or later

Edit:
    2 examples of the mentionned texture issue.

• I just came here for a minute to thank you for this awesome addon! It's very enjoyable and addicting. I love the detailed scenery and new vehicles. It will take some time for me get to get used to the announcement system, but i'll learn it eventually. There are a few things here and there that need some polishing, like road priorities and textures on some buildings. Other than that it's a very nice map and i think i'll be playing on it a lot. One more thing i would like to ask is if there are any plans for expansions? There are a lot of lines that i'd like to explore.

Alright, now i'm going back for another run to Kagran

:D

• hi there first of all I would like to say thank you for this bus and map second thing im not sure if any one can help is there a way I can refuel the bus please as I went to the petrol station but the petrol icon will will not light up thanks

• I would also like to thank you very much as well. The map, bus and trams are absolutely stunning.
    Hoping to see more of your amazing line expansions and maps in the future.
    Keep up the splendid work developers!

:thumbup:
  • You can drive the bus in other maps if you copy the .hof file for that map to the buses' folder. The annoucements don't work though and the front and sides display can only show you the destination and not the Line number. For rollbands you need to copy them from your regular Anzeigen folder to the Broseband folder in the LU200 folder.

• Bought yesterday.
    Congrats for the awesome work you have done, I really love this map and the new bus

:thumbsup:

and especially the addition of the tram vehicles!
    Hope to see more dlc in the future, maybe also in a italian city

• Thank you all for your great and very positive feedback!
    As we mentioned in the support-thread please make sure that there are is no limitation of texture in the texture options menu activated! So there won't be a problem like a few comments above.

• You need 1.04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great Addon but there is one minor detail I noticed. This is set in 2005 the planes seen flying overhead are Pan Am 727s

:!:

PanAm ceased operations in 1991. As for Boeing 727s are not operated by any passenger airlines in Europe.