Steering Wheel Pivot Axis

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • How do i limit my steering wheel pivot point to one axis only, so it does turn properly? I have put the pivot point in Blender in the middle of the steering wheel, but it doesn't turn right or left, it goes like the wheels ... Any help?

:(
  • You need to adjust whether you have origin_rot_x, origin_rot_y or origin_rot_z and also the angle beneath the keyword in order to define the axis through which the animation animates the object.

:)
  • You need to adjust whether you have origin_rot_x, origin_rot_y or origin_rot_z and also the angle beneath the keyword in order to define the axis through which the animation animates the object.

How do i define the axis trough witch the animation animates the object? I work in Blender

• Id trial and error my good man, the numbers corresponding to the file i guess relate to the co-ordinates of where the steering wheel is and will rotate.

Try rotating it in Blender or whatever you use and see what the rot (rotation is) that is what OMSI will look at to rotate the wheel correctly.

You can break the simulator, get it wrong until it's right

;)
  • If you find the centre of the wheel in Blender and put the coordinates of it into this section:

Code
    1. [newanim]
    2. origin_trans
    3. X Coordinate
    4. Y Coordinate
    5. Z Coordinate

then the wheel will rotate around it's centre. Then you will have to trial and error the rotation axis I mentioned in my last post to get the wheel rotating in the correct direction.

• If you find the centre of the wheel in Blender and put the coordinates of it into this section:

Code
    1. [newanim]
    2. origin_trans
    3. X Coordinate
    4. Y Coordinate
    5. Z Coordinate

then the wheel will rotate around it's centre. Then you will have to trial and error the rotation axis I mentioned in my last post to get the wheel rotating in the correct direction.

I see, thanks for clearing this up! Is there any way to test the rotation axis in Blender or other software, i see myself doing this and finishing the steering wheel in a year or something

:D

Thanks.

Edit: Took me only 5 minutes! Sorry for being inpatient, thanks for the tip! Fixed it!