Manual or automatic annoucements ?

The forum is in reduced operation. The Addon and Support forums remain open.
Please note that OMSI is no longer under development. Some of the developers are now working on a new simulator. Further information concerning the LOTUS-Simulator can be found here.
  • Hi All

;)

It is said in the Wiki Faq :

Will there be working matrix displays, passenger information systems and announcements?

Matrix displays will be possible, grid matrices as well as full matrices. They can be operated using the keyboard or using the simulated information-device just like the real thing. Manual or automatic announcements will be possible.

Questions : how to set a manual announcements ? how to set an automatic announcements ?

Through these questions I want to set an automatic announcements to make a possibility when I drive to the near area of a next station instead to press the Q key the announcements will to switch automaticaly without pressing Q key. Is it possible ?

regards
    Gerard

• It is possible as when driving the Lion's City DTF it has this and updates the announcements automatically. Even when you miss out a stop as no-one wants to alight or leave and drive straight past it updates and then announces the next stop without the use of any key.

I don't have much experience with scripting yet however I do believe you can take a look at the IBIS script for the Lion's City DTF and work out how to do it.

• It is possible as when driving the Lion's City DTF it has this and updates the announcements automatically. Even when you miss out a stop as no-one wants to alight or leave and drive straight past it updates and then announces the next stop without the use of any key.

I don't have much experience with scripting yet however I do believe you can take a look at the IBIS script for the Lion's City DTF and work out how to do it.

Thank you very much for your answer...

I would just to know if it were possible with the stock bus MAN particularily with the D92 SD202 without Scripting something just setting some parameter ingame.

Althought as I don't know anything how to script such feature, I believe I will stay with the basic announcements pressing Q key before reaching the next station

;)

Thank you for your infos about the Lion's City DTF.

Regards
    Gerard