Windows Rain Texture

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • I have tried to look through this forum and other places but couldn't find an answer, but here goes...

I've got to the point of mapping rain texture onto the windows of my bus. My understanding is that, once I get the window mesh finish, and have it mapped to the window texture, I need to make a copy of the mesh, map that to the rain texture (regen.bmp), and it should be fine. I tried this on one of the windows, and this is what I ended up with:

Now as you can see, the window in concern becomes a bit of a see-through, comparing to the other windows that I have to done the rain stuff. My question is, what have I done wrong?

Many thanks.

• The mesh of window doesn't have to be put at the end of model.cfg, but it must be put lower (in model.cfg) than those meshes that are not supposed to be "seen through", for example the interior.
    Besides, I would suggest you to detach out the outer side of the window, and put its mesh lower (in model.cfg) than that of the inner side, so as to ensure that the inner side of the window can be seen from outside. Windows on doors also need to be considered carefully.

• Thank you, I have sorted that one out, but run into a 2nd problem: wiped effect on windscreen.

For the windscreen itself, I understand that for the part where the wipers wipe on, it needs to be a separate object, is that correct? This I have done, with two layers in that mesh - one for the glass texture, the other for the rain texture. However, I have not made a 3rd layer and map it against a dirt texture. Is this final part required to make the wiped effect on the windscreen to work?

As I added the object into my model.cfg file, this is what I put in:

Same old question again - where has I got it wrong?

Thanks again.

UPDATE - 10/11/13: I have successfully solved the problem and now the wiper effect works faultlessly. It was because I put the wrong lines in the model.cfg.

Nevertheless, many thanks for FF3170 and Chris for your help.

:)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ZJ517 () aus folgendem Grund: Question closed as I have resolved the problem.