Sound recording help no longer offered

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hi there.

I am extending my helping hand to record some high quality sounds to omsi.
    Offering withdrawn since I am concentrating on my own projects for Omsi from here on out. Requests will no longer be accepted.

The equipment in question is capable of recording uncompressed audio in 24 bit / 96kHz wav format. Here is some examples of what you can expect:

MAN
    A21 Lion's City C CNG ZF 6HP-504
    A26 Lion's City LL CNG ZF 6HP-504<- Heading to Italy in 2015

Mercedes-Benz
    O530 Citaro CNG ZF 12/11 meter 2 axle Withdrawn from service
    OC 500 LE - OM457hLA 185 kW 2006 ZF6HP-592C Withdrawn from service
    MB O530 Citaro C2 Ü ZF

Scania
    L94 UB ZF 5HP-502C, 5HP-592C 2 and 3 axle
    N94 UB ZF 2 axle Withdrawn
    K230/K270 ZF 5/6HP-504C/604C 2 and 3 axle
    Citywide CK230/ethanol CK270 ZF 5HP-594C
    Omni Express 320 LE ZF Ecolife 2 and 3 axle.

VDL
    Citea SLE Paccar Voith
    Citea SLE ZF Single one, very rare to find
    Citea XLE Paccar Voith 3 axle
    Citea LLE Cummins ZF Ecolife
    Citea LLE Cummins Voith
    Citea SLE FPT Cursor 9 ZF Ecolife
    Citea XLE FPT Cursor 9 ZF Ecolife 3 axle
    Citea Electric bus Sold

Volvo
    B5LH Hybrid iShift
    B7L ZF 2 axle Withdrawn
    B7R LE ZF 2 axle prior to 2007 with Volvo engine, <- most of them are in bad shape
    B7R LE ZF / Voith 2 and 3 axle Deutz 7 liter engine
    B8R LE Volvo D8K (UD Trucks) euro 6 engine ZF Ecolife/Voith 2 and 3 axle
    B10 BLE ZF / Voith 2 and 3 axle Withdrawn from service
    B12 BLE ZF Volvo DH12D engine, ZF 5HP 602C 3axle, <- 2 units left
    B12 BLE ZF Volvo DH12E engine, ZF6HP 604C/ Voith / iShift 3 axle

Irisbus
    Crossway LE ZF5/6HP-594/Voith FPT Cursor 8

Iveco
    Crossway LE ZF Ecolife euro 6

Solaris
    Urbino III Hybrid Eaton 6 speed robotic auto
    Urbino III U15 LE PACCAR MX11 Euro 6 ZF
    Urbino IV U12 LE Cummins ISB Euro 6 ZF

Golden Dragon
    XML 6155 Hybrid 3 axle ZF Ecomat 6HP-502C Withdrawn from service

Yours truly,
    HJALMAR

17 Mal editiert, zuletzt von HJALMAR () aus folgendem Grund: Withdrawal of offerings as of February 2017.

• I heard rumors of attempts selling all CNG powered ZF MAN's due to huge maintenance costs and low reliability. These will be likely to be replaced if a buyer is found. So if one would like recordings from them time is running short.

• Helsingin Bussiliikenne's 3 axle Man Lion's city ZF buses will be removed in early 2015. Until that I can provide recording support.
    These buses have turbo CNG engines on them and ZF 6 speed Ecomat gearboxes. Also there is a small trend of new Scania Omni Express 320 buses coming in.

• Well I have 4 gigs of audio from the blue kind of Ikarus. This kind: Your photo

That type has the most powerful engine on the Scania L94 line and a ZF 5HP gearbox. This is the kind that sounds the best in my opinion. The other 2 axle variants are considerably worse sound wise and are also harder to record.
    Also there are still a few Volvo examples of Ikarus E94's still around, though in extremely few numbers. Also the Concordia livery ones with the Voiths have been sadly scrapped. All though they were more like hazardous waste than buses.
    The ones that survive, the Volvo B10 BLE chassis and engine as well as the ZF gearboxes are the same as some Carrus bodied ones that I am currently working on recording.
    They sound exactly the same but the Carrus bodied ones are in much better shape.

I will record the Volvo's in September after I get my new microphone. If you like I can get you the recordings that I have thus far (3.97 GB).

EDIT: Also your model looks stupidly realistic and detailed. Extremely good work! I can only hope that my recordings are on the same level.

HJALMAR

• Hi,
    I'm really interested!
    On the other hand the models are not mine, but made by JXBell and/or LnD

I hope, those models can be also adapted into OMSI, and we are lack of sounds.

• Well I can surely help you guys with the sounds. Also I found a particular interesting Scania E94F, this one example has had the sound proofing material removed from the gearbox compartment.

:D

I think this will be exactly what you need. Also I have a 5 speed ZF pattern ready for the bus. And I can probably help a little with the gearbox sounds, though my knowledge is still limited. I will send you a link via pm, when the files have been uploaded.

• Good luck with all the work mate you're work for the current addon I wont name here is stellar! The only drawback with OMSI is bus modelling, getting it into the game and working is so complicated. I do hope LOTUS solves all our problems!