OMSI 2 is a mess! Buyer, beware!

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Okay? WHAT IS THE DEAL NOW? This is supposed to be BETTER OMSI 1, but what we've received barely represents anything you're advertised!

Where is optimisation? It thought that was the priority! Game runs no better, and in fact runs worse than first one!

Where is backwards compatibility? Maps doesn't work, some buses too! This is false advertising.

On top of that, game crashes sometimes randomly, freezes, stutters, has problems with FPS.
    This game has a lot of bugs.

What the hell is this?
    http://screenshu.com/static/up…orary/nk/yu/py/tp89e5.jpg

WHAT IS THAT?
    http://i.imgur.com/rFKFzbY.jpg

Why in the world passegners doesn't get into my bus when I have destination set on table and number on the display?

Why the hell people on grundorf walk 2 meters above the ground?!

Why the hell game sometimes doesn't count the bus stops, and when I arrive at the end of the line, everything ends, but I need to wait at least 15 minutes for window to appear?

Why the hell game crashes randomly when driving NG272 with some Index error?

A Public apology should be filled to those who bought this pile of crap! Where the hell were beta testers? WHO THE HELL TESTED THIS GAME BEFORE RELEASE? I demand answers, as I have bought BROKEN product that was advertised AS COMPLETE ONE, THAT IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE, BUT IN FACT IT'S NOT!

:thumbdown:

I am sorry for being so angry, but I've bought a game that barely works! I want a patch, SOON, not in a month. I am a fan of your work Marcel aand Rudiger, but you went too far with OMSI 2. YOU RELEASED BROKEN PRODUCT, I am sad that you treat customers with no care and dare to release product that does not work for lots of peeople.

I thought you were a professionals who do games with passion. I understand you have low human resources, but this game has EVEN MORE PROBLEMS THAN THE FIRST ONE. How the hell that happened?

• What if it wasn't Marcels and Rudigers fault? What if aerosoft pushed them to release it before christmas?
    So shut the hell up, if you don't know the facts, I understand your anger as i struggle with the same problems but it is just plain wrong to let out everything in one post. Relax, wait for the patch and go on.

Cheers.

• What if it wasn't Marcels and Rudigers fault? What if aerosoft pushed them to release it before christmas?
    So shut the hell up, if you don't know the facts, I understand your anger as i struggle with the same problems but it is just plain wrong to let out everything in one post. Relax, wait for the patch and go on.

Cheers.

No I will not shut up as I paid a good money for it and received a barely working product.

I paid for A, but received B. It's not how you treat customers.

• I only have problems with maps compatibilities. OMSI 2 editor doesnt open OMSI 1 in my case. I´ve copied al sceneryobjects,splines,tickets... all things and in the editor i get errors of opening and I cant save the mas in the new format. But as schnaki says we have to wait for a solution or patch..

• Zitat von Eggtooth

I paid for A, but received B. It's not how you treat customers.

So then you should write to Aerosoft. As I said, they are the publishers. If anything goes wrong with OMSI and you are disgruntled, then write an email to them. I think MR are doing their best to patch this situation soon enough. Just calm down and wait.

• maybe I'm lucky, I had no one crash

all addon busses I put in the game they work fine a part the sound for next stop but it is easy to repair

for the addon map, we have to wait authors repair them for OMSI2

I noticed some minor bugs, people walking in the air at grundorf, some busses inside to each others at some bus stop, people can't go in my bus at some busstop...I think MR will repair them soon

• Lets all just calm down. With any new game you can expect a little bit of issues. The Spandau map is virtually unplayable for me because of FPS and there are certain other issues with the passenger mechanics, but the game will be fixed in time. I believe this will be a great game after the bugs are worked out, the original OMSI was amazing but not without issues too.

• Eggtooth, please hold your horses! This manner of complaining is intolerable! Even if you are dissatisfied, there is a civilised way of conveying your concerns.

As for the content of your complaints: The majority of issues you mentioned is already being worked on by the developers, and a patch will be issued soon. Please be patient until that time arrives.

In the meantime, you should try lowering your settings (in particular the total number of AI vehicles; the total number of people; the timetable priority; and stencil buffer effects). The engine has in fact been optimised, but the Spandau map has also become a lot more complex, that's why you're experiencing worse game performance.

• Eggtooth, please hold your horses! This manner of complaining is intolerable! Even if you are dissatisfied, there is a civilised way of conveying your concerns.

As for the content of your complaints: The majority of issues you mentioned is already being worked on by the developers, and a patch will be issued soon. Please be patient until that time arrives.

In the meantime, you should try lowering your settings (in particular the total number of AI vehicles; the total number of people; the timetable priority; and stencil buffer effects). The engine has in fact been optimised, but the Spandau map has also become a lot more complex, that's why you're experiencing worse game performance.

I was promised an upgraded game FROM THE START, not after release.

• To be honest I fully agree with Eggtooh, it's M-R's responsibility to deliver a good software. The customer does not have the be a victim of what they do. They make the product to satisfy the customer and this has not been the case YET. I think OMSI2 is a big turn down especially in performance. I am freezing constanty at day and at night, I can only play around midnight. They better release a patch soon otherwise I will never ever buy their products again.

What ever you say this is M-R's fault and nobody else, I am not sure what these BETA testers have done, but I know one thing that they DID NOT do their job if that many people have complaints.

• To be honest I fully agree with Eggtooh, it's M-R's responsibility to deliver a good software. The customer does not have the be a victim of what they do. They make the product to satisfy the customer and this has not been the case YET. I think OMSI2 is a big turn down especially in performance. I am freezing constanty at day and at night, I can only play around midnight. They better release a patch soon otherwise I will never ever buy their products again.

What ever you say this is M-R's fault and nobody else, I am not sure what these BETA testers have done, but I know one thing that they DID NOT do their job if that many people have complaints.

Exactly! Testers did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This game is buggy mess that should've never been released in this state.

M-R Soft lied to us about 30-50% better FPS. I have same FPS on spandau as before.

I DONT CARE if they made spandau bigger. I DON'T CARE, IT IS NOT CRYSIS 3 and should run better than this. MR CANNOT make games, they cannot optimise them, they don't want to admit this. Their tile loading system is total piece of crap that causes lag spikes which should've been resolved LONG TIME AGO.

HOW COME games like Train Simulator 2014 run mindblowingly better than OMSI 2? I could've understood OMSI 1 performance, because it was their debut, BUT TWO YEARS WASTED ON RELEASING A BUGGY MESS THAT DOES NOT REPRESENT WHAT IT SHOULD!

ON TOP OF THAT, this game is nothing more than DLC. There are BARELY any improvements to it. I paid 29,99 for same effin game as before, but with argiculated bus support.

MR - get your crap together, and optimise this game to make it run at atleast 40 FPS in ALL situations. There is no justice to this crap optimisation! Game looks 2003'ish but requires PC that is can run BF4 on ultra details to even have comfortable experience on low details.
    There is no excuse for MR. Fix it, or don't embarass yourself with another crappy, unoptimised "game" that barely works on hi-end PC's.
    If any mod will lock this topic, it will be clear that MR does not care.

I am waiting. Marcel? Rudiger? I am awaiting official answer from you, HERE. If you care, you will respond here and state what you're doing. If not, you're just another developer, together with Aerosoft that I can blacklist. I will also spread the word everywhere.

omnibussimulator.pl, strefa-omsi.pl consider this game failrue. That is already 2000+ people.

Great example of Indie developer is Undead Labs. Last patch for PC version of State of Decay GREATLLY improved performance. 50-60% better performance. They've also fixed most issues with mouse support. They have ported game that was barely working on PC. Before you ask, Undead Labs is indie dev that released State of Decay under Microsoft brand due to Xbox Live Arcade. They are indie dev. Sure, they have more people, but even two people can do better than it is now.

X(

What MR did with last omsi? Absolutely nothing. 6 patches, where two were for DLC's to prevent piracy, which lowered FPS even more.

Julian was beta tester I think. You have done anything to make this game better? No? I WOULD DO BETTER THAN ANY OF THOSE TESTERS. Who the hell was testing this game? They did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in order to make MR resolve issues.

:thumbdown:

This is a joke. MR, don't embarass yourself and respond officialy here. I want a recompensation for this INSULT, I am fully entitled for refund in this situation, sadly I bought game off steam, and I am giving you last chance to reedem yourself.

I want a patch. SOON, not in a month, but SOON. I've waited 2 years for a good product, that was advertised to be better in EVERY way than the first one, but instead got a stinky pile of crap that works even worse than first one.

• To be honest... I agree with Eggtooth.
    However Aerosoft pushing MR to release OMSI 2 before Christmas it's not our problem. If they don't do the best, don't do it at all.
    I hope patch will be solving all of the bugs (but I think it's imposible), otherwise OMSI 2 will be another rubbish game.

I admire MR for some not announced things like kids or old people, but if it's all from the "Christmas package" It still not fun joke and I feel disappointed.
    I'm waiting for Marcel or Ruediger anwser to this situation but if they don't do that considered them to do OMSI 2 only for cash, not for us - OMSI community (only 2 Polish biggest forums is more than 20 000 OMSI fans, with this is more than 40 000 people)
    Only several people don't have any problems - this situation must be reversed.
    About OMSI 2 I can say - big circle about completly improved game parameters but in fact it's worse than OMSI 1....
    Beta testers only record some crap videos to YouTube but don't do that, what for they're employed.
    Big part of map makers can't edit their map in Map Editor, there is lot of errors, criticals, game freezing without any reason and there is completly NO MULTICORE/MULTITHERADING... Map lagging when loading new tiles, and MAN NG272 sometimes works incredibly bad... B section detaches, going to invisible and driving not so good.

I pay good money for OMSI 2 but in fact it totally don't agree with my expectations.
    I'm really disappointed.

• Marcel or Ruediger will not awnser
    They only awnser german post
    So all the other communities can suck it
    I find this very rude please awnser the question of the english and all other communities that write english !

• You're cregeer1 serious? If yes it's totally worse joke I ever heard....
    Their AUTHORS of this crap so they NEED TO AWNSER. I don't care they're Germans. This is official OMSI forum, and this is official English Support Area so they're supposed to awnser our questions.
    Tell me why the hell announce of patch is not from Marcel or Ruediger but from Staakener? Maybe they're totally don't care about their OMSI Community.