OMSI 2 is a mess! Buyer, beware!

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Julian since you were a beta tester, how do you get the add on maps to work??

I thought it was suppose to be backward compatible

There is no timetables, ai traffic.....

• Of course not. But It's a shame when you trust a publisher, you pay him and you get SOMETHING ELSE. You expect an apology at least or refund. But only what you get is wait another month or so.

I play games for more than 20 years and don't trust any fu..ing promises, if anyone do that, shit happens! Look at the X-Rebirth Release, the same shit as always ... But i can drive a bus from A to B in Spandau, or fly through the space - that's what i'm talking about.

• Nearly none of the bugs appearing in the release Version appeared during the tests (and the final version was tested too!), and if you calm down and think about it twice: MR would never release a game in a state like this!
    I do not know why these bugs are appearing, for me, it looks like two versions are mixed up. A mistake happened, it could happen to everybody here.

yes it is because some bugs are very "silly", people walking on the air, the timetable analitic appears empty at the end of a route and so on, that's why I'm quite sure they will fix them, there would be happened some mistake

• Ok, again: Please, everybody calm down! Nobody is suggesting that OMSI 2 is perfect in its current state! But there is still no need to start some kind of riot here on the forums.

Also, please keep in mind that M&R is not a big software company with multiple employees, but just two guys with a passion for busses and simulators. You cannot seriously expect the kind of polishedness from indie game developers like what you could expect from bigger companies!

Further clarification: The videos of the OMSI 2 beta version that you may have seen in the past couple of weeks were NOT of beta testers! Beta testing has been going on far longer than that. The only reason for which those videos even exist, is that Aerosoft handed out beta versions to some more or less famous Youtubers, without having arranged this with M&R beforehand. M&R had no intention of doing this!

As for the performance problems and bugginess – of course there has been extensive beta testing for months before the release, but it obviously didn't show these diverse problems which are circulating now. M&R have stated multiple times that they are very surprised about the weird scatter of problems: Some people (including me) can play OMSI 2 without problems even without a high-end PC, and some people who have gaming PCs experience performance issues and crashes. This is not logical, so obviously there are more complex problems, maybe hardware driver-related or something. Please wait for the solution.

Multiple factors, some of them under the influence of M&R, most of them not, and bad luck have led to the current situation. Nobody is happy with it, but you can still make the best of it and not immediately start to grumble, rant and rave.

You can of course always contact Aerosoft and ask for a refund if you feel betrayed or don't even want to wait for a patch, that's your decision. But there is an extensive bug list on which M&R are working as we speak, so please be patient until a patch is issued.

• Thing is guys, we wouldnt make up these situations if it wasn't true, fair enough promises cannot always be met, but still, for the magnitude OMSI 1 made on Bus Enthusiasts worldwide, we expected a little levity in OMSI 2. I think the sim is really something but if my PC was really that bad i can understand but i checked the CPU load and it barely reaches above 20% so the multi-threading is working, it's the response time with OMSI thats the biggest factor.

YES a lot of you all who got the beta probably have some magic PCs or I'm not sure what but i doubt it's anything to do with what PC you have, OMSI 1 had a few iffs and butts but the main sim was actually fine, just a few operational errors, on my part, a faulty GPU etc, but no longer do I personally have a faulty GPU or HDD, brand new SSD Hybrid HDD and other applications run fine, maybe not as heavy as this but checking the CPU load, and memory load they're not overloading at all, so it's not system based i dont think, it's OMSI's execution of itself that it can't repeat the process quick enough maybe? Im not slating this game at all, i'm just highlighting that it's not down to the best i7 Processor.

I get the Fehler bei Bereichspurung error and i have to CTRL+ALT+DEL then 'Switch To' to get it back playing again, this seems to happen at Rathaus Spandau, Dallgower Strasse and Falkenseer /Zeppelinstrasse.

We have maps in OMSI 1 that are just as heavy, Vlietburg & London and South map. The major plus to OMSI 2 is there are no more white textures due to map sizes, so that IS a plus. I could blame Aerosoft for making these two hard working guys rush a glorious sim just for Christmas, i'd of rather waited two more months and had OMSI 2 properly.

Still i await the patch. Again, it's not a complaint but just was testing it myself, and i can be sure that if my system wasn't up to par the CPU load would of been through the roof, nothing flinches with OMSI so again, a MAJOR plus!

Regards

• YES a lot of you all who got the beta probably have some magic PCs or I'm not sure what but i doubt it's anything to do with what PC you have,

First of all, I didn't have access to any beta version, I bought the game on Wednesday just like you all. And I don't have a magic PC at all, your specifications are far better. That's what I meant – it's really weird that there are such diverse results in performance. Did you play with the settings enough? Anyhow, I'm very curious about what the problem is, hopefully M&R find out and issue a patch soon!

:)
  • Hi, does anyone know how to get maps like daytonford and bowdenham working properly??

I have installed all files correctly etc and saved in the editor in new format.

Still i get errors and no ai traffic (they do load though)

Any help is appreciated

• First of all, I didn't have access to any beta version, I bought the game on Wednesday just like you all. And I don't have a magic PC at all, your specifications are far better. That's what I meant – it's really weird that there are such diverse results in performance. Did you play with the settings enough? Anyhow, I'm very curious about what the problem is, hopefully M&R find out and issue a patch soon!

:)

Same low settings as OMSI 1 as I realise the FPS was still the same in the centre of town (Rathaus Spandau) the big plus is the minimum CPU load that, is something really noticeable, the settings i have, have improved a bit, new thermal coolant on the CPU helps (if you haven't already) I would say it's a lot of timetable / AI spawning and surface errors such as loading the next tile, it seems to be a little slower than OMSI 1 is all, maybe you don't have a magic PC, but i wasn't referring to you sir, i was referring to those who have played without fault. You cant express facial emotion here but i am very placid about it all, infact i am disappointed but spent all day reading what others have done to fix it, re-installed it and still having problems, maybe Direct X in game isn't quite calculating as fast? Who knows.

I do know that i agree with Eggtooth's upset, as it wasn't us who made it not work, but those are my thoughts on what could be the issues, but really the big one is driving from end to end on the 5 /130 and the map not loosing textures! The night textures could improve as you gotta drive with full beam on at night.

I'll stick to OMSI 1 for now but i do love OMSI 2 i think it's really improved in it's memory handling but loading again i say, IS the problem. I have an SSD Hybrid HDD, which can copy my entire Scenery Objects folder in less than 2 hours (4.6GB Data) but OMSI 2 cannot seem to utlise the HDD properly, if it's loading tiles and creating lightmaps and paths at the same time, that should be done during loading tile files, so when the game loads it can run without pause.

Just a thought. If the mods close to M&R who tested this game can report back to M&R where the problem could be, could we expect it to get to them? The Beta Testers are the best target for such queries as they have direct contact to M&R (Make it happen!)

This is a list of what i've noticed so far.

• Refresh Terrain, Refresh Path Segments (Jumping buses, as it takes too long)
    • Create tile, then refresh terrain, textures aren't loaded as they're already done (This should be added to that performance)
    • Not expecting GTA5 graphics, we gather that.
    • Offloading and Loading tiles takes too long for this day and age.
    • Not a problem but, textures do not get lost during long hours of gameplay in the rain, with 0 visibility.
    • OMSI 1 maps get to create objects and the screen flashes and it crashes
    • Lowest settings are only for surface errors, but core errors are the process OMSI takes to load itself.

These are just to highlight again and again the errors i've noticed, but as i say, these are all true. Remember guys when Microsoft Train Simulator came in 2001 it was £50.00 RRP. So for 30 odd, is a lot in Euros for sure, but 50 is 10x worse.

• Well, i guess everybody forgot about OMSI 1 launch, when all aerosoft servers were annihilated for about 2 days. Anyway, 4 pages of non-stop rage is too much for me to read, and i've got some different questions to ask.
    Since we got there a english-speaking beta-tester(!), i want to ask Julian - is there any chance to get into beta-testing for non-german speaking users ? Do you have any sort of bugtracker or something ?
    If this game is so buggy (well, it is, obviously), let the community help with fixing it ! Give us some topics to post existing bugs, logfiles, DxDiag's and stuff like this. This really should help more, than just raging on forums.
    Think about it, guys !

• This is a good idea. I agree with Frenzymax.
    I'd like to inform that OMSI project is still alive thanks to us all - the community. M&R did nothing for two years. And this is what we gain in return. If - as someone says - only 2 ppl with passion is too few, let us help. But the money is money, right?

;)
  • Guys just sit tight. If you that bothered about it why don't you email M&R Software?? Just translate in Google into German and email them I'm sure they will email you back with answers. It's not there fault they cant speak English... Can you speak German?!?!

They made a English Forum so people like our self can talk to each other and understand whats going on! Otherwise the forum would all be in German and we wouldn't have any mods to download because we wouldn't understand where to put the necessary files.

Please just sit tight and wait for the update. If you can't sit tight go back onto OMSI1 for the meantime, it seems to be that there is not much difference at the minute?!?!?

Kind Regards

Reeceyboy77.

• They do speak English. I emailed them a while ago in English and they replied in English.

;)
  • Give them time. The situation is bad enough as it is.
    For those of you who can't speak German here's a very brief and subjective summary of what is going on in the German speaking part of the forum:
    People complain a lot, sometimes on a very emotional level), they report issues and some people have already come up with solutions how to import maps into OMSI 2 for instance. These seem to work for some people but - weird enough - not for all. So further research is needed. Marcel and Rüdiger have stated in several posts that the beta testers did their work but didn't experience any of the problems that make OMSI 2 unplayable for many people. As far as I understand it, for all testers the progamme worked ok, so M&R are blown away by the vast amount of people having problems and by the unexpectedly high number of severe issues.
    At the moment they are working hard to reproduce and fix bugs and seem to need time to improve OMSI 2 to a level where everyone can be happy about it.

• I´m agree with you in some points:

We have waited for a long time the release of this game, and now we have lots of problems, so is normal to be dissapointed an also angry. In my case I dont undertand the compatibility problems with OMSI 1 stuff....

:thumbdown:

. When I try to load my onw map, Costa Norte (North Coast in english) (wich was supossed to be released tomorrow for OMSI 2) I get lots of errors... and in german ( I dont understand why there is no a full english version, with the errors also in english). I cant load the map in the editor, but no only that map, every single addon for OMSI 1 dont work in my computer for OMSI 2.

Julian: Downloading addons again works. Ok, that can be posible, I havent tried that, but I have modified a lot of buses with Spanish stuff to get them similar to the buses from here, and If I download every single bus again, I´ll get all this work lost.

I´m not going to ask for an inmidiatly solution for this problem, but I would like M&R to answer some questions that have been make in this art of the forum, because this is a Support area, and I think that customers must be answered, because we have pay for a product.

And another thing, I´m reading about OMSI 2 steam edition... I bougth it in Aerosoft to get the discount, but the installer I donwloaded from aerosoft was an Steam installer and the the serial number of OMSI 2 via e-mail to paste in steam and install it in steam...

• I have posted an official statement on the current situation and would like to express my sincere apology to all of you having severe problems with OMSI 2!

As for the problems stated in this thread, we can only guess for the moment. Please make sure you have installed the latest build 2.00.004 which seems to have settled some of the problems. Another point is that you might want to try starting OMSI with admin's rights. For the rest, unfortunately we cannot tell at the moment, these are even news to us!

@Steam Edition: There is no difference between OMSI 2 downloads from Aerosoft or from Steam. It's just called "Steam Edition" because it's directly available from Steam.

• If we're all here talking about OMSI is because it's a great game! So rest assured all who are having problems (as I'm having).
    I've had several other games with the same amount of problems at launch and were soon solved Even when they are produced by major studios.
    Some people sometimes forget that OMSI is the result of hard work by a small group of lovers and bus transportation.

I bought OMSI 1 and OMSI 2. I would like to thank MR for their great work and dedication. It is one of the best games ever created and it surprises me that was created without the backing of a major studio. That shows how talent they have.

I have faced problems with OMSI 2 at its launch like most of users. But I'm convinced that his work was the best possible and I know that soon we will have OMSI 2 running so well that no one will remember the OMSI 1.

(Sorry my English: Google translation)