PLEASE! Dynamic wheel speed for mouse control?

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • I've been playing [driving with] OMSI since it came out, and the only thing that bugged me the most - and still does is that the mouse has this awkward auto control, and like the driver looses power of steering when he accelerates.

Please, give us an option to turn this off, and drive normally just like people with steering wheels and keyboards do!

Thanks!

• Dear NemorosusMens,

this behaviour is intended. Imagine the following: If you are driving slowly, and the width of your screen marks the complete steering range, you have the opportunity to fine-tune your steering angle as needed, f.e. for turning. Imagine you are driving very fast - you would have no chance to stay on the road if the wheel (mouse) would be as sensitive as it is at low speed. A small steering move has a huge impact if you are very fast. You would lose control, I promise.

If you do not want this effect and want to drive a fast bus that way, you will have to switch to GTA.

Best regards
    Janine

• I can agree with you, but unfortunately OMSI doesn't simulate this properly. It depends on the gear ratio on my bus, and it's short - so each time taking a turn with 20km/h and turning, i can't accelerate because my steering wheel starts to center.
    I've played many simulators before and I've managed to control the steering wheel nicely.