Support-Thread zum OMSI2-AddOn "Drei Generationen" / Support thread to OMSI2 addOn "Three Generations"

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hallo, als ich heute das Drei Generationen add-on updaten wollte wurde die Seriennummer nicht erkannt. Ich habe das add-on schon 1 Jahr fehlerfrei genutzt.
    (Das add-on habe ich Online gekauft)

• Michael: Hat sich schon erledigt. Man hatte mir geraten, das Addon neu zu installieren. Dies habe ich auch getan, aber ohne Erfolg. Wenn ich den Bus Platziere, hat er die selben Fehler wie davor.

• Hallo zusammen. Als ich gestern Omsi 2 auf der Karte Hamburg Tag & Nacht gespielt habe, habe ich gesehen, dass die KI Busse ALLE aus dem 3 Generationen Addon stammen. Diese werden jedoch ebenfalls nicht richtig Angezeigt. Falls jemand den Logfile haben möchte, diese habe ich bereits in einem anderen Post geschickt.

LG BR425-Fan

• Einfach deinen eigenen Blinkersound gegen den normalen austauschen. Vorher den Standartsound löschen, danach deinen rein und genau so benennen wie den davor. Das spart Änderungen in der Sound.cfg

• There seems to be a bit of a problem with the Description files...

German description...

English description...

Spot the difference...

Not only is there no attempt at even a basic translation, it's not even the right year. It should be 1996, not 1997. This is for the 1996 bus, but it's just a copy/paste of the same descriptionless file for the 1997 bus. This isn't the only example. The other descriptions are like this, too.

This is payware! It seems a bit sloppy and lazy. I don't mind these things with a mod, because people put their time and effort in for free. But for something I had to pay for, I expect it to be finished.

• Hi Jeb,

the addon contains three articulated buses, as stated in the product description. They have descriptions in both languages and a precise manual.

The solo buses were built later and released as a free bonus. I did not want to use extra time to write detailed descriptions for these.

Cheers

• Darius

I'm sorry.

I wasn't aware of that. I should have tried to find out more before ranting about it. My bad. I apoligize.

For what it's worth, they are really good buses. The function and detail are both excellent. It seems such a silly thing to complain about now. Again, I'm sorry.

I'm not expecting a fix for something that was a free addition. However, I have an idea for future busses/mods/maps...

I can understand that an English translation isn't always possible. That wasn't really what bothered me. It was the removal of information present in another version, and the wrong bus name in the file. When English isn't possible, I think it's much better to simply copy the German file and rename it with the English suffix (e.g. xxxxxDEU.dsc to xxxxxENG.dsc). I think this is a better plan for three reasons:

1. English speakers who also speak German can read the description with no problem.

2. English speakers who don't speak German can at least understand some of the basic meaning (because English and German are quite similar). Also, this way gives us the opportunity and motivation to learn some German words (and that's useful. We don't get exposed to foreign languages much in the UK. That makes them much harder for us to learn. Exposure is good).

3. Most importantly, it removes the chance of any errors in the information. Don't forget, this file doesn't just affect the description; it also affects the name that appears in the bus selection list. Anyone with the English version of this has two different buses in their game (96 and 97), but both with the exact same name in the list (Solo - HHA 1997). It's confusing for users because it makes it seem like the installation is corrupted.

I've seen this with a lot of other mods, too. Mod makers, there's really no need to make blank English files. If English is unavailable, simply copy the German text so that we all have the same information.

:)