[2.1 Feedback thread] Performance?

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Dear fans,

to focus the feedback of the 2.1 patch I provide this collecting thread. Please post your impression of 2.1 concerning the performance as compared with version 024. Performance is your fps, loading map behaviour etc.

Best regards & thank you!

• Definitely a big improvement in performance. FPS is averaging around 60 for me now apart from driving around Rathaus Spandau which it drops to around 35 but I can deal with that. It's certainly a lot better than the 20 FPS I was getting around the majority of the map.

Map loading is certainly better, there is a lot less obvious loading with the white boxes in the distance, but there is still a micro-stutter when it loads as you're driving but it's far smaller than the long freezes that used to happen.

• Zitat

Error message: "Bereichsfehler/Zugriffsfehler CV.Calculate". This message is being tested by us and the beta testers. We have a lot of possible reasons for it to occur and thus decided to fix it in a further patch. Normally you can confirm the message and play on.

I just this second had this error message and I was unable to continue, Shortly after that message appeared, I clicked OK and then I had a D3D9 device reset error followed by a black screen.

I had to close Omsi from the task manager.

Regarding FPS, I'm averaging between 60 to 80 FPS with a few dips but it's smooth.

:edit:
    Specs are below.

Motherboard : ASUS M5A78L
    Processor: AMD Vishera FX 8350 8 Core @4Ghz
    GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 OC Edition 3GB
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB @ 1600mhz
    Case: Coolermaster HAF-X

• For me, performance is still the same. Hamburg is lagging more and gives a few error messages which says "error while loading vehicles/...." but i can continue playing by clicking ok.
    I have Standart maps, Hamburg and Neuendorf Addons, spandau Modern and Tettau. So everything is same as before patch. Only refreshing is faster and i haven't got a "Bereichsprüfungfehler" message yet. But there are still lags and freezes on big maps such as Berlin and Hamburg.

• There are few more FPS, but there is still problem with multithreading. After few seconds or one minute OMSI freezes and I can only turn it off by task manager.

• Just tried 2.1 to see if I could turn the 'reduced multithreading' option back off. No luck.

Framerates have definitely improved to some degree in the short time I've been able to play/test it. But, with reduced multithreading turned off, my game still crashes within the first 10 minutes. Enabled the "load entire map at start", and it crashed within the first 2 minutes, within 30 second of the first CV.Calculate error message I've seen. Game just freezes and stops responding, click the mouse and get the Windows "Not responding" dialog with options to close/wait for the program to respond...

Absolutely no messages in the logfile to indicate anything that might be causing it, same as before.

• Performance seems to be way better then what it was - good job with it. So far, the only slow part is the loading environmental traffic. This can take an while to complete. I will post back with some more information as I only played OMSI 2.1 for an total of 10 minutes.

• This patch is definitely a step into the right direction. I've tried my own, rather scenery heavy, map Vlietburg V4 in "normal" mode and in "load complete map" mode. The normal (partial loading) has some more stutters when loading new tiles. Not as bad as the former version but still some freezes. The full load mode is much better. Only some short stutters when approaching heavy loaded tiles. In this full mode the FPS is somewhat lower (i had an average of 35 in this mode, while in normal mode i reached above 70) but the overall performance is rather smooth.

A few times i've received some vague error messages about 3D errors. After some research i found out that this was due some missing texture from sceneryobjects. It was not mentioned in the logfie.

• Definitely much better. Didn't get the random freezes anywhere near as much, when I did it was at night with streetlights on (this happens in all games, not just OMSI).

One thing I have noticed however I closed OMSI roughly 2 hours ago, and I can still see the Omsi.exe process open when I look in Task Manager.

• Firsty, and sorry for the caps but i want to make this point, its a very good feature and again, very sorry for the caps but:

LOAD WHOLE MAP function is the best thing since V2 of OMSI was released, i finally can belt it on the straights in an articulated bus on Vlietburg on the N24, don't have to worry if OMSI will crash because the refreshing of paths and path links gets confused and it forgets it's already loaded this tile once. Its like OMSI 1 with a better engine, for that i thank you, the bugs where by it's the known Fehler Bei Berespfung Direct 3D CV reshuffle error (sorry i don't know the official term

:(

) IT WORKS.

In all seriousness though, very good work!, please do not remove this feature, and i advise anyone with a system that is giving them 30-40FPS in heavy areas, use this feature, and never turn it off! I don't need to adjust my settings ever again, hopefully with a new system, i can increase the neighbor tile loading to 5 as i currently have it on 3 and even i want to push it a little further, every other setting is on max, 211 AI cars, schedule set on 4, 1000 buses, load all objects and max on the complexity and 30FPS in rural areas, max at 45 FPS on some maps, and 20-25 in mid built up areas and 19 in heavy built up areas, i can live with that!!

So thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! 2.1 is exactly what i was hoping for, no more refresh path links and refresh tile sillyness, just pure gaming fun as if it were OMSI 1

;)

Thank you again!

• First of all, sorry about my English

;)

I am crazy here.

With reduced multithreading off, I got about 20 ~ 60% more FPS. That's too good to be true! I really loved 2.1 update. But I really can't use it completely now.

Within 3 or 4 hours playing, OMSI have started to crash (video driver stopped working, black screen). Reboot, turn off computer... Nothing else can stop this now =/

Every map I try to load... Logfile doesn't help here. All information provided is something like:

134 23:01:47 - - Warning: Direct3D-Device lost!
    135 23:01:47 - - Information: Direct3D-Device resetted!

I will try this now, let's see if it works:

1 - run with reduced multithreading back on (I really don't want this =/)
    2 - reduce the number of AI cars (before getting errors it was set to 30, I put it to 500... with original OMSI 2.0.0... I played with 1000 AI cars with no errors like this!)

Updated with specs: Core i3 2120, 4 GB of RAM, GTX 460 1 GB, Windows 8.1 Pro

Update
    I've tested with PC of 2006, but can't do anything. I've reinstalled OMSI (renaming the old directory), tried to load Spandau and Grundorf... Same thing. After a few minutes I have a black screen and Windows popup message about my video driver ("Display driver stopped responding and has recovered")... Tried in Windows 7 (same PC), got same problems... OMSI 2.1 has much better performance, but it's "unplayable" here =/

I changed the omsi.exe to 2.00.008 from my old backups, and got it: NO ERROR! (at least not this new one). With old version I can play the same maps and addons I am used to, it's the 2.1 that broke things here. Or maybe some incompatibility issue with my video driver. Unfortunatelly I don't have .024 anymore =/

Btw, please consider a feature request: with new patches you may keep the old version in OMSI directory, renamed with the version number. So if a new patch broke the game to some people and to others don't, those affected can just use the old version. We can't download old versions in Steam

:(

Please consider it!

• hello i want to ask now straight what kind computers these beta testers have??? because i cant play anymore even man NG in berlin spandau map single 130line... its starting jumping badly and these FPS not have been show well what u guys have told... its still give me only 20fps... when get more traffic its get down to 5! then game its totally unplayful.. im so dissapoint of this new patch.. and yes i belive we all want to know what kind computers testers have using.. i using old pc 2010 model

• Testersystem of Dragonfight:

Betriebssystem: Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
    Prozessortaktfrequenz: 4,3 GHz
    Prozessorkern-Anzahl: 8 (AMD FX 8350)
    Mainboard: AsRock 990Fx fatal1ty
    Arbeitsspeicher: 16 GB DDR3
    Festplattentyp: HDD 2TB Samsung Sata 2
    Einrichtungstyp: Desktop-PC
    Grafikkarten-Bezeichung: XFX Radeon HD 6970
    Grafikspeicher: 2 GB

This is one of the bigger systems on the betatest programm.

• To be honest, the performance got a nice increase and I thought myself that I could finally play the map Spandau because it would cause me issues with the FPS drop between Flankenschanze and Rathaus. But with the patch 2.1, when I arrived to that bus stop (Flankenschanze), the FPS dropped to below 7 and the FPS drops more when I arrive to Freustrasse until the one I got the issue (from 20 FPS to 7 and below and with the mirrors off). These are my specs, and please don't say it won't work because I bought this laptop for more than a month ago!

Brand: ASUS X552C
    Processor: Intel Core i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 710M
    Memory: 500GB
    RAM: 4GB

• I tried the 2.1, and to be honest, it very sucks.

Freezes many times, also if you use multithreading and limitate AI (which is very worse). In the Tettau scenery, don't load anything! Very bad for Spandau and Stadtbusnetz.
    Unless it you use grundorf, that has a very few tiles with few objects!

Not to mention the freeze AI list meanwhile load scenery...
    This is my pc, i do NOT have a pc scarce (apart the OS that is to be changed soon).

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 645 CPU@3.11 Ghz
    Graphic Card: Sapphire Radeon HD6670 2GB
    Memory: 1TB (First) 320 GB (Second)
    RAM: 4GB

I'm very, very disappointed for this.

• performance was better for me at the last version. bus is quite jumpy at Rathaus Spandau, and also at some other locations. at one point the game totaly crashed.

• I haven't observed any fps performance gains, the maps load about the same for me (I have OMSI installed on an SSD), however the stuttering has been reduced considerably to a point where the transitions, albeit still far from smooth, are no longer disruptive to the overall flow and driving experience. To paraphrase what I wrote in another forum I frequent, the sim no longer stops to ponder the meaning of life, it is now seemingly content to glaze over the question.

• Same here, i haven't notice any drastic FPS increase, however, FPS before and after are generally above 30 FPS. The most notable part however is that in 2.1 the shutter has been reduced considerably. Before in 2.0.0.24, the FPS may be sky high around 60 FPS or so yet the shutter is what made the simulator seem less fun then it actually is. I would say a step into the right direction but I will suggest perhaps that more betas testers with slower AMD processors should be added to the test bunch. It seems to me those whom has been complaining about slow performance generally are the ones who has AMD processors. My self personally, I have a Intel I5 4670K processor with an AMD RX7 260x 2GB graphics card - Windows 7 32bit.

I do have several suggestions, I have notice that even on 2.1 that roughly 50 percent of my CPU processors are used up, is there anyway that you guys could allocate additional cores to process more elements of the simulator? Such as for example, the drastic performance drastic when someone is driving an artic bus or perhaps the graphics engine itself.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 182 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 10
    Maximale Dateigröße: 100 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: pdf, txt