[2.1 Feedback thread] Enough of memory or memory gap?

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Dear fans,

to focus the feedback of the 2.1 patch I provide this collecting thread. Please post your impression of 2.1 concerning the memory management as compared with version 024. There have been issues about main memory / graphics memory that have been solved.

Best regards & thank you!

• I have a huge map in development (Savoy, with more than 1000 tiles!). By default I can't load all 1000 tiles. OMSI (even 2.1) crash with memory error. I've solved this using a 4-GB patch enabler, wich just enables a flag in the exe... I've used a "NTCore" tool to patch the .exe, but you devs can do it in the compiler (or "prepatch" the compiled exe before releasing it to Steam).

Maybe you can use that flag in next updates?!

OMSI is a big and important program, it has to access more than 2 or 3 GB of RAM sometimes in modern PCs with huge maps (video memory and system memory). A 64-bit version would be great too (new versions of Delphi can compile to 64-bit).

• ýes im with mondegoha, you guys need get omsi to work to 64bit.. its fix a alot these problems too

• I cant keep up with the threads.

The performance i'll take it back isn't 100% on my old dual core but it's a lot more stable i'll say than without the load whole map option. I do love that feature, i did try Spandau and even on the lowest FPS it didn't budge, I'm impressed. I just need a better system in terms of CPU, still on a 3.33GHz Dual Core

:/

The autosave feature causes the driver in the cab to flash, so id recommend turning him off and only use it for modelling purposes to see where the positioning is. The Articulated buses still hang in the middle of the street, like they're stuck, and then drive super fast as an AI bus, especially the Citaro G, i wonder where the author is in terms of this bus?

Anyhow overall OMSI 2 is a lot more playable iv'e spent the last 2 or 3 hours being able to complete a shift!

• For a few days, 2.1 was working quite well. Recently though, memory errors have developed. I've added the O405N2 into Spandau's 1994 AIlist, and after this, I can drive any route on the map about halfway, then an error message states that Direct3D is out of memory. The game will still run, but from then on all the O405s, GN92s, and EN92s will be white. I tried using the 4gb patch but that only turned the buses in question black, and made the little Trabant cars half invisible.

• MarvinK

Hat das Thema geschlossen