Editor is Slow

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • They lock the framerate? That's pretty much telling us not to play the game then...that's not cool.
    Well, I'm just editing the text on objects, so I'll use Notepad until this is fixed. Using notepad does take longer because you have to look through all the tile files with "Find".

• I guess I can ask here instead creating new thread - Is it possible to get rid off FPS lock in the editor? It's kinda annoying, when after placing object FPS drops to ~21 and stays there until the number of objects is so high that it drops because Pc can't handle it. In older OMSI2 version you could see how much the FPS is dropping, so you knew how much details you could afford.

• My hints 4 u:
    - unlock the framerate
    - allow OMSI to load as less tiles as possible
    - play / edit with lower settings
    - close other games or programs in the background
    - get a better pc

^^

Edit: Yes, u can unlock the framerate. Just open the settings, click on "graphics" and slide the adjuster to 200 fps (in the top right corner).

• Right, the settings only concern the game, not the editor.

Maybe we will add an option to chose whether you want to be easy to your graphics card, or not.

I want to explain (NOT discuss!) the reason for the lock:
    Mostly the editor is pretty bored. As a consequence it has 120 fps and more, 100% of what is possible to render. Since this is not a bit neccessary, we decided to lock the fps at what is needed at most --> 30 fps to perceive a clean, smooth video. I did not quite understand the reason why some people do need more fps, but I am okay with not to dictate how to handle it.

:)
  • Right, the settings only concern the game, not the editor.

Maybe we will add an option to chose whether you want to be easy to your graphics card, or not.

I want to explain (NOT discuss!) the reason for the lock:
    Mostly the editor is pretty bored. As a consequence it has 120 fps and more, 100% of what is possible to render. Since this is not a bit neccessary, we decided to lock the fps at what is needed at most --> 30 fps to perceive a clean, smooth video. I did not quite understand the reason why some people do need more fps, but I am okay with not to dictate how to handle it.

The reason for me why unlocked fps in the editor would be great is to conduct certain performance tests. I would like to see, for example how a group of objects drops the fps level. At the current state I can only gauge performance loss if fps drops below 30. So I have to place the objects in the editor, then load the game with unlocked fps, and that's where I can gauge framerate loss. Now this adds an otherwise unnecessary extra procedure to the workflow. I think it would be better for everyone the fps of the editor would be linked with the game, or it could be adjusted seperately. I would welcome if the fps lock would be removed.

• I guess you´ll have to use less objects to get more fps

:D

Itasi: thanks for the tip, I'm already running things tha way.

Johnsen: I think you don't get what I've said.

The issue is that I want to judge the performance impact of individual or groups of object, and at the moment it is only possible ingame, not in the editor, because of a few extra lines of code which place an 30 fps lock on the editor. I think it would be a great idea to remove that few lines of code and get the same fps as the game itself. At least it would save me time, not having to switch between the editor and ingame so many times.
    Of course I want to achieve higher fps at the end, just like every one of us does, this is why an editor with an unlocked fps would be nice.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 182 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 10
    Maximale Dateigröße: 100 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: pdf, txt