[editor] Tiles dont load

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Since I got a PM concerning this problem, I took a look.
    The first problem is: We dont (ever) support non-original content or else.
    The second one is: This problem seems not to be extensive. I read the first time of it and I never had it on my own.

But I have two ideas: If it is real and not only imaginary, the problem could be a - let's say - regional phenomenon, could it? So let's try to think around the corner: Just test (!) to set your PC(!) and OMSI itself to German settings. This has an influence on date settings, decimal separator (OMSI needs the dot) and some more. Just try it, but dont forget to tell both the PC and OMSI that you are in Germany.
    The second idea isnt really an idea: Tomorrow, there is a Q/A table where Marcel and I answer some not-support-related questions. Between the questions we have some time and can have a deeper look at your problem. If you upload your map (I hope I understood this correctly), we can test the problem and maybe find the reason. Upload it, link it here and we will see tomorrow. Dont forget any file

;)
  • Since I got a PM concerning this problem, I took a look.
    The first problem is: We dont (ever) support non-original content or else.

EXCUSE ME but who said this problem is not caused by original content?
    Your making a persumptiin without facts here!

If it is real and not only imaginary....

EXCUSE ME this sounds like an a accusation of lying.
    THIS PROBLEM IS VERY REAL.
    I can show you pics.... they were on this forum
    BUT SOMEONE (NOT ME) DELETED 2 OF MY WIP-MAPS TOPICS WITHOUT AUTHORISATION.

(where can i report this)
    lucky... i saved them
    look at post 4

• I feel that this problem is being "swept underneath the rug" by the developers...Instead of fixing these problems, it is being assumed that this is fake. This is not a small issue, and there is clearly evidence, even outside of this forum, that this problem is very real and NOT Fake:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/…6861677350/?insideModal=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2g4jkEggbA

Omsi 2 Bug HELP

Please, Janine, I would like you have a look at the following links that i have posted above, as they show you other players having problems with the bug. Clearly this is not a fake.

• Since 2.1.993 has more logfile-entries, please provide me one for now. I will take a look, again.

• We can't help you when you wont give us several information and try things actually out!

a)

Since 2.1.993 has more logfile-entries, please provide me one for now. I will take a look, again.

b)

Zitat

Just test (!) to set your PC(!) and OMSI itself to German settings.

• there is a Q/A table where Marcel and I answer some not-support-related questions. Between the questions we have some time and can have a deeper look at your problem. If you upload your map (I hope I understood this correctly), we can test the problem and maybe find the reason. Upload it, link it here and we will see tomorrow. Dont forget any file

Still missing (or don't see) your files. We simply do not know that issue on our own systems. So give us your complete map files (maybe as PM) an we will have a look at 24th January.

• logfile

AND i still demand explanation why
    http://www.omnibussimulator.de…page=Thread&postID=371672
    and
    http://www.omnibussimulator.de…page=Thread&postID=138234
    where deleted WITHOUT permission or authorisation OF ANY KIND!

• Because this is a private forum,

How am i supposed to know this?

... so they can do whatever they want,

eh no! thats what forumrules are for and admins should hold to the rules too!

if you don't like it you can leave otherwise you have to accept this.

And go where for (official) support?

Your comment is pointless and my argument still stands; i did not give anyone any kind of permission or authorisation to delete those topics and the included material

• And btw, on the place where those tiles used to be, i cant place new tiles

That's not to strange since the tile is listed in the global file and/or the tile files are still present... Open the globalfile and remove the tile from the list, after that you have to remove all corresponding tilefiles from your map folder. Then you can make a new one.

Are there any traffic light or other objects which have some labels or settings. A false traffic light setting, wrong number or character will make a tile corrupt and it will not appear.

• The more people report this, the tougher it gets for M or J to deny this problem (YES, they actually did that!)

Also,

Still missing (or don't see) your files. We simply do not know that issue on our own systems. So give us your complete map files (maybe as PM) an we will have a look at 24th January.

Haven't seen ANY kind of response about this AT ALL! I send everything you asked for. More then a year ago now!

• Not sure if this thread is still relevant, but maybe it will help someone:

I've had this exact problem in one of my WIP maps. This map has had more than 100 hours of work put into it already, so I wasn't going to just abandon it.
    After hours of searching through the logfiles (which doesn't help, because the logfiles don't report this problem) I singled the issue down to a corrupted tile.

The way to fix this, is to find out which tile is corrupted nand remove it. Here's how:

(ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR MAP FOLDER BEFORE TRYING THIS!)

1. Go into the OMSI editor and find the tile that won't load.
    2. Via the "Tile" tab on the right hand side, note the X and Y value of the corrupted tile (These can be either negative or positive numbers, don't get these switched up! Make sure that you note it as a negative number if it is!).
    3. Close the editor and go to the folder of your map (OMSI 2/maps/<yourmap>).
    4. Delete or move the files associated with the corrupted tile (It's formated as follows: "tile_X_Y.map", X and Y being the coordinates you noted earlier - there will usually be 3 to 5 files (.map, .map.prt, .map.LM.bmp, .map.terrain, .map.terrain_0.rdy), delete/move all of them!)
    5. Open the file "global.cfg" in the current folder (you can use Notepad or a more advanced program like Notepad++)
    6. Scroll down to the section where all the tiles are noted.
    7. Find the corrupted tile. It will be styled as follows:

Code
    1. [map]
    2. X
    3. Y
    4. tile_X_Y.map

and remove the lines with your coordinates.

8. Save the file and go back into the OMSI editor.

If you've done it correctly and removed the right tile, the map will load up as normal again! If this didn't work however, restore your backup and try again or a different tile.

Hope this helped someone. You do unfortunately lose a tile, but it might save you hours of hard work and you only have to rebuild one tile.

• Hi,

I might have a fix if you still have the bug.

I had the same problem on my map where one tile was not loading anymore.

I searched the .map file from the tile that was not loading.

there was 1 spline that was a little bit weird:

[spline]

Splines\ADDON_Gladbeck_Yufa\bussteig005.sli

NAN

Try searching in the .map file from the broken tile for: "NAN" and remove that spline. This fixed the problem for me.

I hope this will help you.