IBIS Scripting/Modding

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hello fellow members
    Im trying to change textures trough scripts or model file

File's :
    13_TE.jpg
    13_TL.jpg
    13_FL.jpg
    O530 Testvoertuig.cfg

Principle :

It should use 13_TE if the bus is more early then 1 min
    It should use 13_TL between -1 and +2 minutes
    It should use 13_FL if the bus is later then 2 minutes

I hope someone can help
    Because ive been trying for 8 hours already but cant seem to find a starting point with this

• Hello, are you good with scripting? Here are some theoretical issues to go through.

Firstly create this textures and save them in the "textures" directory.

Then make an o3d (cust_delay_plane.o3d) file. Map the texture full on it. After that, you need to position the plane at the position where it should appear in the bus. This can be very tricky, but when you have this, the hardest part shall be done.

After that you open the ibis script and find its frame macro. There you ask for the string or numeric variable that contains the delay. I dont know what IBIS you are trying to modificate, so you have to figure out yourself. It might be the O530 where this information is stored at the string variable IBIS_Delay_min. Turn that into an integer and ask
    ==> if < -1,
    ==> if > -1
    ==> if < 2 and > 2.

If you need help on that script, call me!

Before that, make OMSI clear to use a new string variable called e.g. cust_delay_texture. In all cases you can set this string on the script to a texture name you want it to change.

Say you mapped a texture named "dummy_delaytex.bmp" to the object, you need to add the following to the bus configuration file, which makes a texture change possible:

This tells omsi to change all texture maps in the mesh cust_delay_plane.o3d from dummy_delaytex.bmp to the name containing in string variable cust_delay_texture

Theoreticals are easy, now you can go with trying to analogize that in practicals!

:)
  • Okay, tell me where exaclty this texture should be and I'll give the model a try in the next days

• I will be back with a result after this upcoming weekend

;)

When I will forget this, remind me via PM, please.