Traffic lights on Terrain Spline junctions

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • For my map I would like to make custom crossings but I have no idea how to model them so I am making crossings with terrain splines/invis_spline.

How can I make traffic lights work with the invis_splines? I was told before that you use the Busdriver_Objectke but I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance.

:)
  • Traffic lights won't work with terrain splines and invisible streets. You have to use the Ampelspline Objekte from Busfahrer1997 and connect them to the invisible spline. Then you are able to use traffic lights as usual. Add traffic light, set "parent to" to the Ampelspline Objekt and choose the appropriate traffic phase. I don't know if there was an english manual with the Ampelspline download.

• Thanks. Does it explain how to do it fully in German? I will just have to hope I can understand it from Google Translate.

Also is ampelspline compatible with left traffic maps?

• There's no difference. The ,,ampelsplines'' mod is a package of objects. When you snap it at the end of the invis-street, you can use it like in german maps. The only difference is, there are Traffic Lights for the left turn (f.ex. Main_L) in england you have to use it for the right turn traffic light.

greetings

• You can also export invis-streets from the Omsi-Editor. Just go to "Spline-Exp" and mark all the invis-streets you want to make to an actual crossing. Then press "Export" and put it somewhere. The next thing you wanna do is convert the x-file into an o3d file. You go to your "SDK" Folder and start the .X converter (If you get an error or you don't have the tools, please click here and then click on "SDK Tools"). Choose your file that you saved before. You don't need to do anything maore than pressing the "convert.."-button. After converting it is time to make an .sco-file. IMPORTANT: You need to have a folder with a subfolder named "model" where you put your .o3d-file in! You can just copy this template and save it as a .sco-file.

After doing that it's time to start the "OmsiObjEditP.exe" in your SDK-Folder. You won't see the crossing until you move your camera down. From the Bottom it will just look like the invis-street-crossing. Now you put th pathes on. Just take the Data (Lengh etc.) from the actual invis streets in the Omsi-Editor. After doing that you can script Traffic Lights if you want. I know that this sounds very complicated but trust me, after doing this for a few times it will work just fine

• You can also export invis-streets from the Omsi-Editor. Just go to "Spline-Exp" and mark all the invis-streets you want to make to an actual crossing. Then press "Export" and put it somewhere. The next thing you wanna do is convert the x-file into an o3d file. You go to your "SDK" Folder and start the .X converter (If you get an error or you don't have the tools, please click here and then click on "SDK Tools"). Choose your file that you saved before. You don't need to do anything maore than pressing the "convert.."-button. After converting it is time to make an .sco-file. IMPORTANT: You need to have a folder with a subfolder named "model" where you put your .o3d-file in! You can just copy this template and save it as a .sco-file.

After doing that it's time to start the "OmsiObjEditP.exe" in your SDK-Folder. You won't see the crossing until you move your camera down. From the Bottom it will just look like the invis-street-crossing. Now you put th pathes on. Just take the Data (Lengh etc.) from the actual invis streets in the Omsi-Editor. After doing that you can script Traffic Lights if you want. I know that this sounds very complicated but trust me, after doing this for a few times it will work just fine

I didn't know that you could do that, I'll give that a try and see if it goes. I might have to ask a few questions about it. Will this definitely work with left traffic?