Citybus O405/O405G

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • can not use Mercedes-Benz logo and title in payware

I think a freeware-logo will come some days (or hours) after the release. I will definitely download the bus as freeware and maybe buy it as payware. I think very long about buying an payware addon.

Pedro: Keep on working and good luck. What i've seen is very good.

• So, today I bring some videos: one from the rear of the O405G, and one driving the O405. Sorry for my driving skills in the O405G video (driving an artic from the rear is tricky

:P

) and for any occasional lag spikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCLBIxp8KG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGeW5dRSrcc

Also, regarding your comments/questions:
    -There will not be an O402 - for now anyway. OMSI is lacking a good mini-bus, I agree, but the O402 and O405 are two very different buses. Like Perotinus already said, finding sounds for the engine will be very difficult - and in fact, finding pictures of it is already very hard. But maybe it'll come as an update later... I've also given some thought about making an O402. But the picture posted is a very old model I made around three or four years ago... and I guarantee that particular model will never be seen in OMSI.

:P

-There will be no manual gearbox for the initial release.
    -I've corrected - I hope - the steering wheel texture. Thank you for the input.

:)

Oh, by the way, I've also redone the Optima ticket machine slightly, and made a lighter AI version.

• The ticket printer shows 11:08 and on the display is written "Guten Abend" (= good evening). Please write "Guten Tag" or something like that

^^

But thats the only thing I want to critisize. And by the way: I love the texture of the door buttons and the gear buttons

:thumbup:
  • The ticket printer shows 11:08 and on the display is written "Guten Abend" (= good evening). Please write "Guten Tag" or something like that

^^

But thats the only thing I want to critisize. And by the way: I love the texture of the door buttons and the gear buttons

Ah yes, thank you. I forgot to add that to the script. I was thinking about "Guten Tag" from 04:00 to 16:00h, and "Guten Abend" in the rest of the hours - would this be realistic?

By the way, the paint-kit should be released within a week or two. I just want to make sure I don't need to touch the exterior mesh anymore before releasing it

• Greetings,

The fixed steering wheel looks better.

But in my oppinion, the engine sounds are much to thin.
    There has to be much more bass in it, especially while accelerating.

- Oktas

• Hello Pedro,

at first big thanks goes to you for bulilding a bus like this for Omsi!

The enginesouns delivering some water into my eyes.

This bus was finaly 25 years Long in my City on streets.

But do you want to build Versions with some ticketblocks?

Best wishes,

Jeremy

• Schonmal ein guter Anfang aber mir fehlt im Sound noch dieses für die Mercedes Std. 2-Generation typische bassige Röhren des Motors. Auch die Farbe des Lenkrades passt meiner Meinung nach noch nicht so recht, die ist, wie ich finde, etwas zu rötlich.

Ever a good start but I lack in sound yet this typical for Mercedes Std . 2 generation bassy roar of the engine . Even the color of the steering wheel does not fit in my opinion, really , which is , I think , a bit too reddish .

• Ich wollte mal noch fragen, ob der Türlichttimer mit realisiert wurde, bei dem O405 und dem O405 G?

;)

Ich meine also, dass das Türlicht erst ca. nach 0,8 sek. aus geht, nachdem die Türflügel zu sind.

(Vergleich wie beim O405GN1+2 vom Drei-Gen-AddOn.)

(Pedro, I can not good english, and the goolge translator make this to what others.)

• Soweit macht der Bus einen sehr guten Eindruck, negativ fällt mir allerdings der Braunton beim Lenkrad auf, der nach außen hin stark an Helligkeit zunimmt. Auch finde ich, dass der Sound des Busses, wenn dieser hält, sehr merkwürdig klingt (wie ein Traktor). Vielleicht wäre es auch nicht verkeht, wenn sich Pedro einen deutschen Betatester ins Boot holt, dieser könnten den Bus dann ebenfalls unter die Lupe nehmen, z.B. in puncto (deutscher) Rechtschreibung, denn da ist mir schon das ein oder andere aufgefallen. Pedro sollte sich Zeit mit dem Release lassen, denn dieser Bus hat wirklich das Zeug dazu, einer der besten Busse für OMSI zu werden, wenn er sich nur nicht hetzen lässt und nicht versucht, den Bus noch dieses Jahr zu veröffentlichen (natürlich nur, wenn er dann nicht fertig sein sollte).

Hello Pedro. I am sorry for my bad English, but I hope you take me seriously anyway. I have seen both of your videos. You are really doing great work!

But there are some points I want to write about. The colour of the steering wheel. It became better, but I still dont agree with it. Why is the brown-colour brighter on the surface? Just look at some pictures, please change/fix it, that is one of the important points for me, because you always look at the steering wheel (if you use the F1-view).

Also I think that the sound is a bit weird when the bus stops. It doesnt sound like a bus at this moment, it sounds like a tractor in my opinion. Last but not least: Will only you do beta-tests or are other OMSI-players involved? Maybe a German could be good, especially because of the (German) spelling. - I saw some mistakes. Please do not feel offended, I just noticed it. Oh and please: Take your time! This could really become one of the best busses for OMSI, do not publish the bus this year if it is not finished. I guess we all will wait for real release when the bus is tested well and there is nothing left to do.

However, keep up the good work! I hope you could understand me nevertheless.

:D
  • Is this better?
    I think I made it too dark, but I'd really like your oppinions on this. I'll get the colours right eventually

Some things I forgot to mention:
    -The door controls for the O405G are fully manual (you open all the doors) and automatic (you open the front doors seperatley, the rear doors are released by operating the red button along with the stop brake)
    - The doors only operate with the stop brake engaged
    - Initial release will not have ticket blocks, perhaps as an update

OMSIGamer123: Thank you for the input - of course I read it all and take it seriously. If I didn't get input, the bus wouldn't be nearly as realistic at it is now.

What do you mean with the bus stop sound? Do you mean the idle sound? That's taken from a real 1987 O405, maybe it sounds wierd because of a different muffler or sound insulation from what you expect? But the engine needs more bass when accelerating, I will defenentlety fix that.

• Hi Pedro!
    So, in my humble opinion, since you want to release this as a payware the level of the sounds and/ or scripting should be on par to the level of your fantastic modelling.
    The steering wheel still looks kinda weird to me

?(

You should look at the colour of perotinus one, that might solve it

Also, I agree with the above, the sound is indeed very odd to hear with headphones, and when you accelerate it looks like you are mowing the grass.
    Also, in reality are drivers forced to put on the parking brake all the times? If it is like on the o408 than I can for sure answear adnd say that it isn' t necessary.
    Hope you think about it and remove don' t force people to pit it on.
    Anyways don' t get me wrong, really like this bus and I' m going to think about buying it for shure!

• Yes. Using the Sounds from Perotinus' O407 would be better. He has also given the permissions to Pedro on the first page. And he said that his sounds are recorded from an O405.