Citybus O405/O405G

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • So... I just wanted to clear up some of this discussions:

About adding more features - like the three door variants etc.: the simple awnser is no.
    If I was to make every single variant that the O405 had, this would be a 5 year long project, like I said many times before. I understand there is tons of different equipment in different O405's but I'm ready to call this project finished and to move onto the next one.

:)

The final release will include an SDK with repaint kits and a .obj file with some models like simplified doors, destination blinds and passenger hand grabs in order to make it easier to replace/make mods for it.

Now, regarding the innacuracies in the model (I had to use Google Translate, so maybe I didn't understand what you were saying quite right):

Roland: Don't worry, I don't take offense to criticism.

However, you are using a very old picture to point out these innacuracies... that picture is at least 4 or 5 months old. Infact, Perotinus told me about the wierd proportions quite some time ago, and I did my best to fix them. Of course, the bus will never be 100% accurate... no bus in OMSI is 100% real. Making 3D models is an art above all - it depends on the artist's interpretation of what they're seeing. And no ammount of blueprints and pictures will ever change that.

When Perotinus told me about the mis-proportions, I moved the window line down a bit and I fixed the proportions of the front, including the bumper angle and the height of the service flaps. Oh, and I moved the air intake grill a bit further down too.
    Here's a picture of how the model stands now, I hope you can tell the difference betwen this and the picture you posted. But like Chrizzly92 and Marc1972, I wished you would of said something sooner. With release this close, I can't go back and re-do all the modelling, mapping and ambient occlusion for the bus.

Also, thank you for all of your interest in the project so far. I really hope you guys will think that the waiting was worth it, and be able to get many hours of enjoyment out of it.

:D

• The final release will include an SDK with repaint kits and a .obj file with some models like simplified doors, destination blinds and passenger hand grabs in order to make it easier to replace/make mods for it.

Now that's some really good news. I already mentioned that idea of the bus developer providing some model parts to enable or facilitate modifications somewhere here on the forum long ago. Good to see you had the same idea. Thumbs up!
    Will it be possible to modify the bus with these parts and some modeling skills so that it has the kind of destination blinds as in the photo shown by Roland above?

• Pedro, you said it:

....the bus will never be 100% accurate... no bus in OMSI is 100% real. Making 3D models is an art above all - it depends on the artist's interpretation of what they're seeing. And no ammount of blueprints and pictures will ever change that.

An art that many people on here forget that it is just that, an interpretation, it's
    not actually covering mileage for real in OMSI. This statement made my entire universe.

• Now that's some really good news. I already mentioned that idea of the bus developer providing some model parts to enable or facilitate modifications somewhere here on the forum long ago. Good to see you had the same idea. Thumbs up!

I agree. Why should sit a builder, and build more variants than he has fingers? First, it would in any case bring for some users the wrong versions and on the other hand, it's nice if the developer sets up also possibilities for modders.

Dem stimme ich zu. Warum sollte sich ein Erbauer hinsetzen, und mehr Varianten bauen, als er Finger hat? Erstens würde er ohnehin, für einige User die falschen Versionen bringen und andererseits, ist es doch schön, wenn der Entwickler auch Möglichkeiten für die Modder einrichtet.

• also demnach ist der Weg frei dank Pedro für Aussenschwingürvarianten des O405. Pedro vielen dank für deine großartige Arbeit
    und glückwunsch zum baldigen release.

so guys the way is free to make outswinging doors or whatever in O405 was build in. Thanks Pedro for oyur great Work and
    Congrats to your now upcoming release. by the way one last question what maximum speed did you build in because
    the O405 (like perotinus said in his O407 veriosn) can have a 5 Gear with 100 km/h or a 6 gear with 80 km/h

• das müssten dann die ersten von mercedes mit niederflurboden gewesen sein so wie das aussieht also O405N
    und O405 GN also und hier gehts wenn ich nicht ganz falsch liege eig um den Hochflurer O405
    (bei dem Russischen vorbild steht auch ganz klar dabei das es ein O405 N ist)

Nope..die Fotos vom 3Türer Solo und 4Türer G sind eindeutig Hochflurer

;)
  • Der Bus sieht echt toll aus! Genau so, wie die Busse, die mal bei uns damals rumfuhren. Allerdings sind diese längst aus dem normalen Linienbetrieb genommen worden, es gibt nornoch einen letzten Gelenkbus dieser Art, den die Regionalverkehr Main-Kinzig GmbH besitzt. Dieser wird eigentlich nur für Schulbusbetriebe eingesetzt. Da kommen alte Erinnerungen hoch.

• 14,99 finde ich ein bisschen happig für zwei Busse.
    10€ wie beim drei Generationen Addon fände ich besser.
    Naja, aber ich werde es trotzdem kaufen, der Versuchung kann ich einfach nicht widerstehen

:P
  • Diese Busse kann man nicht mit dem Drei Generationen Addon vergleichen, welches hinzu unlogische Scripts und zum Teil schlechte verarbeitung hat...

Pedro hat aber ganz schön viele Zusatzfeatures (z.b. Vorhänge oder verschiedene Drucker) und dazu noch ein sauber verarbeitetes Modell.