Solaris Urbino 12 and more buses for AI (lightweight bus for more FPS)

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Type of project: Real bus for AI only

Name of project: Solaris Urbino 12 for AI

Involved persons: Marcos Elias / MEP, for more details check credits.txt inside the bus directory

Details: This is a lightweight bus made from scratch for use in AI in any map you want. Playable busses have lots of individual textures, lots of meshes, and generally are not well optimized for AI. I have a large urban map (Savoy) with huge areas and many bus lines, so I need many AI busses in the scene. Every bus I tried was bad because my map is not lightweight. So I started making buses with no interior and no animations (except wheels and matrix). Now I can double my FPS or even get more in any map!

Copyright: You are free to use and share this bus for OMSI, only selling it is prohibited, it is a free addon and must be free forever. Yes, of course, you may create and share skins and/or mods.

Pictures/videos:

SNYsJXnkows
    https://youtu.be/SNYsJXnkows

My bus is on the left; the other is a well known addon.

Download

Official page:
    http://www.omsi.com.br/solaris-urbino-12-for-ai/

Download (less than 7 MB!):
    http://www.mediafire.com/downl…cirk3w7/SU12_AI_byMEP.rar

How to use this bus in any map:

1 – Open the ailists.cfg of any map you want (in directory OMSI/map/map name) with Notepad

2 – Change the lines with other buses to:

Vehicles\byMEP_Solaris\MEP_SU12_AI.bus

3 – Copy the .hof file of that map to the bus directory

More AI-only lightweight busses:

My Brazilian busses for AI:
    http://www.omsi.com.br/onibus-ais-leves

Some samples:

Caio Millennium 3

Caio Mondego H 15m

Caio Apache VIP 4

More details

If you want to make good buses for AI, please see this:
    http://www.omnibussimulator.de…ndly_Vehicle_Construction
    Using less textures and models in cfg files you can get better performance.

• Naja, ist Geschmackssache, mir gefällt der Originale Solaris Urbino 12 von alterr mehr.
    Gruß Georg

• Es ist gute Arbeit die Du Dir da gemacht hast.

Aber leider gefällt es mir nicht wirklich.

Auch wenn man ab und zu mal wenige FPS hat auf gewissen Maps, möchte ich trotzdem was richtiges rum fahren sehen.

------

• That´s the right way! Many thanks for this!

:thumbsup:

I have right the same problem like you on my map.
    I also would be very happy about some Citaro for AI-Use!

;)

Sorry for OT, but i´ve found one reason for better performance with Citaro and Solaris busses:
    When you open every jpg in the Texture-folder with Microsoft Paint and save it without doing anything, it´s only half the size than is was befor!
    Don´t know why, but i got about 100MB less texture size and a bit better performance by doing so!
    Maybe this will help you too

Thank you very much for your work!

• It is nice to see that you liked it!

I plan to make 15 and 18m versions too, and a Lion's City. I think it won't be easy for me making a Citaro yet (I'm new to 3D modeling).

I'll convert this SU12 for static soon, good idea! By the way I have to make lots of static busses for my projects. I did it already with my fictional Quadbus: http://www.omsi.com.br/quadbusbrt-estatico/ I have bus depots with lots of this bus and OMSI still get good FPS there.

doho, about the textures... They will load much faster this way, but I don't like it because we can't read some texts. Checking both options "Use only low res textures" and "Limit all textures to 256 pixels" in OMSI Graphics tab will have this type of result too. It will be faster on slow PCs, specially with low end or embedded GPUs (like notebooks or embedded GPUs for the Celeron/Pentium/i3/5/7 processors). The graphics memory will love that (check "Tex. memory" by pressing SHIFT + Y 3 times).

Update:

I'm sorry, I misunderstood the first time I read your post. Just opening and saving, not resizing lol Jpg is bad for games. In OMSI when I tried using JPG I got white textures (not loaded). I think they have exported those textures using max quality settings (maybe 99%), and MS Paint just saves them in good, not max (like the very popular 80% quality for JPG).

• No, i don´t change the resolution of the texture!
    I just open the file and save it without doing anything.
    That´s what i´m wondering about!

?(

I don´t change anything and after saving, the texture is (at the same resolution) half the size than before!

I think, one reason could be that Photoshop is saving the whole history of the texture in the file, while Paint is ignoring that.
    That´s could be why the same file is smaller after saving whith Paint.

OK, or ist the 80% quality, that´s also possible!

;)

I recognized no difference in my OMSI, but maybe i´ve not the best eyes! *lol*

• 80% is very good quality for JPG, and keeps the file size very optimized. Generally I cannot see any difference from 80% to 99%. Something like this occurs with OMSI screenshots: OMSI saves them with 99% quality (pressing CTRL + SHIFT + P it saves a screenshot in OMSI\Screenshots). When I need to upload many of those pics I convert them with some program just to reduce the quality to 80% and get small files.

I tried here opening and saving with Paint. Same thing haha Files with 1,30 MB now are with 500, 600 KB.

• Thank you for this, mate !

My FPS increased around Plac Rodla (Projekt Szczecin). I used to get 12-15 FPS and now i'm getting 30 ! Biiiig difference.

:D

Keep up the good work !

Cheers !

• Das rechte Rad hinten deines Busses dreht sich beim Fahren verkehrt herum. Von hinten betrachtet.

• Das rechte Rad hinten deines Busses dreht sich beim Fahren verkehrt herum. Von hinten betrachtet.

I'll update this bus soon, it happens to my other projects too. I think it was the way I made those second wheels in Blender, mirroring them.

I think this fix the issue:

Opening model cfg in notepad, and adding a - (minus sign) in front of this number:

Wheel_Rotation_1_L

Repeating the same for all Wheel_Rotation_... (just Rotation, not Steering/Suspension)

• Nochmal zum Solaris Urbino 12. Ich habe da einen Tipp. Der Urbino ist ja bei dir kein eigentlicher Bus, sondern nur eine Veränderung an der Version von alterr.
    Mein Tipp: Mach die Brasilanischen Busse zu "Neue Busse" und deine Veränderung am Urbino 12 zu " Mods" , dann hätte alles seine Korrektheit.

• No, it is not a mod of alterr bus. I made this from scratch:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBpl3NXQGA8

My version has approximately the same dimensions. I did not made the details in the side and near the wheels (that inverted "U" that Solaris has above wheels). I just got the paths.cfg of that bus since the doors are located in the same position.

Nochmal zum Solaris Urbino 12. Ich habe da einen Tipp. Der Urbino ist ja bei dir kein eigentlicher Bus, sondern nur eine Veränderung an der Version von alterr.
    Mein Tipp: Mach die Brasilanischen Busse zu "Neue Busse" und deine Veränderung am Urbino 12 zu " Mods" , dann hätte alles seine Korrektheit.

• Ansich gute Idee, aber man merkt auch warum da mehr FPS da sind. Die Texturen (insbesondere der Scheiben) sehen nicht so schön aus. Da bleibe ich lieber mein Original

;)