Volvo B7RLE-60/Säffle 2009 - [UPDATE] June 24th, 2016: pg. 36 post 709

• Really happy to see an update on this beautiful project.

Congratulations, keep up the good work, and, we might be looking at the best volvo bus on our simulator =)

• March 5th Update

There has not been published any updates on the project for more than a month now and the reason is that there has been so much going on that there simply hasn't been the time. I've been scripting like a madman but ultimately it has brought some pretty neat results.

Worth mentioning is:

The new front is finished and has been imported

Dräger Interlock XT has undergone development and was remodeled and scripted from scratch to portray the real thing

Falck Sirius fleet management system has been scripted from scratch and is fully operational (rates your driving actively)

The Rejsekort computer script is now finished and has a fully operational ticket selling feature

The entire dashboard has been remodeled and the instrument pods have been resized to real measurements

New startup cycle with lights test and new Volvo logo animation has been made for the dashboard

The engine and gearbox sounds have undergone stunning development to sound exactly like the real thing

Lots of bug fixes here and there and other small things have been completed

Right now I am scripting the Siemens VDO 1381 tachograph which is taking up most of my time, but I'll get there just like I did with the other things. I might even have forgotten a few things in the list above, but you get the idea. The project is absolutely not dead! I know that such a big update takes a video, but unfortunately I am unable to record and edit at the time being as I do not have the software as of yet, but I'll get around that issue soon and post some more exciting video updates with motion and sound! Remember that nothing is final as of yet, so things may go either way! Anyway, enough talk. Check the gallery for some pictures to enjoy ;)

• Wow Marpe! It really looks like the real thing; details, model, etc! But don't you think the matrix looks a little streched? Or is it just me and my German font types :D

Grüße, Henri.

Anregungen oder Anfragen per PN.

• Wow Marpe! It really looks like the real thing; details, model, etc! But don't you think the matrix looks a little streched? Or is it just me and my German font types :D

Hey, might just be the font type I chose in MIE to make this particular sign - there has not been any changes in the size, so it should look like it would on the real LED matrix!

• Big "wow" from me, too. - The only thing looking a bit "strange" is the open front door in the 4th pic. It seems to be too big. Or maybe it's just the angle, don't know. But that was my impression. Anyway, can't wait to drive it ;)

Für mich ist es nur ein kleiner Tritt auf die Bremse, für alle anderen ein großer Schritt nach vorne! (Busfahrerweisheit)

• Big "wow" from me, too. - The only thing looking a bit "strange" is the open front door in the 4th pic. It seems to be too big. Or maybe it's just the angle, don't know. But that was my impression. Anyway, can't wait to drive it ;)

It's a single-leaf door, so it is quite big in comparison to a single leaf in a dual-leaf door. However, I can ensure you that it is the correct size as it was modeled from blueprints of the real bus a while back :)

• Thank you for the last update ...
    Seems to be really coming to a finish =)
    May I ask, as this is for not really knowing better, if the Volvo menu includes usable features on OMSI ? For example, I know that there are some testing features for the lights, and dials, but those are not really useful... Don´t really know the rest of the options ...

Keep up the good work, as usual =)

• There might be a 6x2 8500 in the future, but there are no approved plans as of yet ;)

There will be scripted a Multiplex system (the orange screen) which will work!

• 1 word ... "wow" in the uk we dont have this body type but we have the exact same type of b7rles ( on the eclipse body) and this sounds and the cab looks pretty much the exact same, its amazing to see how impressive projects like this are when time is spent on them instead of rushing things. keep it up :) .

• Recent screenshots of the outer part of the bus on the sensations began to look worse. There is nothing that has not yet been implemented. Everything is already there anyway in other buses. And with decent sound enough buses. Project 4 years. This is a huge job. But all new mine that has been in the Volvo is already in omsi)

• Recent screenshots of the outer part of the bus on the sensations began to look worse. There is nothing that has not yet been implemented. Everything is already there anyway in other buses. And with decent sound enough buses. Project 4 years. This is a huge job. But all new mine that has been in the Volvo is already in omsi)

This makes no sense, plus let the author take his time. The project is still W.I.P. And anyway what is your volvo in omsi? Just curious?

First and foremost I had a quite hard time comprehending your post. Personally, I think the new outside of the bus looks much better now and factually it is now more authentic to the real bus. However, one size doesn't fit all and if you liked the old outside better, that's totally fair. I don't see the bus fleet in OMSI as a competition of which bus can get most unseen features, however I frankly disagree with you on the fact that my project brings nothing new. The game has not yet seen a Volvo B7RLE-60 of this kind, so already there you have it, totally new for the game and every script that I have personally created is unique and is not seen in any other bus. If you find the sounds "decent", well, okay. I assume you've seen the most recent video from 2014 on my YouTube channel and judge from that and I'll give it to you that the sounds in that video are somewhat mediocre, but of the time they were really good. I can tell you that some of the best sound developers for OMSI are working on this project and have, just like me, evolved enormously since then. I suggest that you look at a screenshot of the bus from the very beginning of the thread and compare it with the most recent and you'll get the idea. Luckily, you're in for a treat when the next video comes up, because the sound side has been completely redone and e.g. it now houses a separate sound for every 100th RPM when it comes to engine sounds (that is for both exterior and interior where the bus sound has also been recorded both in the front and back for best results) and around 40 sounds make up the gearbox now. It sounds absolutely amazing and is far beyond decent if you ask me :)

I am very aware that the project has been ongoing on and off for more than four years now but luckily I don't commit to anything as of yet and could even decide to never release the bus at all which is just one of the many peaks of being a part-time developer! This project is merely a result of my spare-time and desire and I know that when it is finally completed many people will enjoy it :)

• First and foremost I had a quite hard time comprehending your post. Personally, I think the new outside of the bus looks much better now and factually it is now more authentic to the real bus. However, one size doesn't fit all and if you liked the old outside better, that's totally fair. I don't see the bus fleet in OMSI as a competition of which bus can get most unseen features, however I frankly disagree with you on the fact that my project brings nothing new. The game has not yet seen a Volvo B7RLE-60 of this kind, so already there you have it, totally new for the game and every script that I have personally created is unique and is not seen in any other bus. If you find the sounds "decent", well, okay. I assume you've seen the most recent video from 2014 on my YouTube channel and judge from that and I'll give it to you that the sounds in that video are somewhat mediocre, but of the time they were really good. I can tell you that some of the best sound developers for OMSI are working on this project and have, just like me, evolved enormously since then. I suggest that you look at a screenshot of the bus from the very beginning of the thread and compare it with the most recent and you'll get the idea. Luckily, you're in for a treat when the next video comes up, because the sound side has been completely redone and e.g. it now houses a separate sound for every 100th RPM when it comes to engine sounds (that is for both exterior and interior where the bus sound has also been recorded both in the front and back for best results) and around 40 sounds make up the gearbox now. It sounds absolutely amazing and is far beyond decent if you ask me :)

I am very aware that the project has been ongoing on and off for more than four years now but luckily I don't commit to anything as of yet and could even decide to never release the bus at all which is just one of the many peaks of being a part-time developer! This project is merely a result of my spare-time and desire and I know that when it is finally completed many people will enjoy it :)

I don't say that model average. Yes! Specification is high! But anyway, we already saw the breathalyzer in other models of the bus. In Wien add-on at the bus even 10 sound files of the motor. And it not very much influences his feeling. At the same New Flaer only 3 files. Low, average and high, also sound they equivalently. I don't say that the project any more not that. I only want to tell that many things are already realized. It is bad or good to judge not to me. Simply, I don't know, than can surprise your with Volvo the whole world of OMSI in respect of new innovations. Very much I wait for your video to listen to new sounds. Concerning appearance of the bus. To whom as. To me on external part to spit. Just if the bus is strongly detailed how it will affect his work on heavy maps?