Problem with German sumbols like (ß)

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hello. I have a problem instaling maps. Because my computer isn't in German it can't recognize letters like ß. So i can't istall maps!

Please somebody does know how to fix that? please!

• I have the same problem in most of the maps in omsi 2.
    this is from the Add-On Vienna :

Logfile

• 221 12:26:16 - - Warning: Scenery Object not found: Sceneryobjects\ViewApp_Buildings\wei?_mauer.sco, if you are loading an addon map, please read the documentation and contact the map's author. If you are loading an original map (Spandau or Grundorf), please repair OMSI with the original setup.

Can your PC make this symbol ß? If not, you could name it "weiss_mauer.sco" and search and re-name all these in the maps.

• No change !

2 weeks ago i had some help with the Bad Kinzau map, but nothing helped.

• MAP DONLI KUNICE 2.1. ALSO IN MOST MAPS. PLEASE HELP!

• How did you make it here?
    You could set language of pc to german.

Or: it takes time:
    Notepad-Editor Search for "ß" and rename it to "ss" and rename evry(!!) Tile and Objekt with ß in this way. And the same with ü to ue,...
    I know it would take time and sorry for my language skills.

• i made an german account with german language on windows 10. there is problem again. also in Tettau i have all the obljects but still there are problems with nemolus, yufa etc. SMBD PLEASE HELP!