[UPDATE] MAN Lion's City NG363 and NL323 V1.15 (mods and fixes for Lion's City from Mainz map) NEW: IBIS fix, suspension fix, kneeling fix, auto-kneeling, extended passenger standing places

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Type of project: Bus modification

Name of project: MAN Lion's City G (NG363) and Lion's City (NL323)

Involved persons: Mirko935 (me) for the mod; original bus by O 405; a few fixes by other people listed in first post

Details:

Hi, all!

I'm new to OMSI, started playing about a month ago, and I spent most of that time driving O 405's Lion's City, so I made a few changes primarily for myself, but I decided to share them here. I didn't want to change the default files, so I made separate .bus and .cfg files. Therefore, these changes will only work if you select Lion's City G (NG363) or Lion's City (NL323). The only files that my mod overwrites are a few textures that needed fixing. I included a white repaint based on Cauchopan's PSD template (Link) and my own VKL repaint for pBuch's Bad Kinzau map (Link) in which you can see the relevant farbschema items and variables.

Changelog:

Version 1.15:

• small fix of my kneeling scripts (buses sometimes got stuck when "kneeling up")
    • improvement of suspension and kneeling behaviour

Version 1.1 (see post #37

):
    • IBIS fix
    • kneeling no longer lifts left wheels
    • deactivating kneeling doesn't release station brakes automatically
    • auto-kneeling option
    • fixed suspension auto-leveling
    • fixed suspension and brakes of rear axle on LC G
    • increased number of passenger standing places (from mod by OMNI Bus Sound Garage. Link to mod)

Version 1.0:

• translucent folding bellow (durchsichtig Faltenbalg), configurable in repaints
    • doorwarning sounds, configurable in repaints. I would also recommend you download this sound, it's better then the original one: Link
    • large air conditioning unit for solo bus, configurable in repaints
    • passengers can exit on the second wing of front doors on both buses
    • third door can be opened manually on LC G. I also fixed the missing lightmap which made the button for third door brighter then the others and added the missing light above the third door
    • blinkers turn off automatically when centering the steering wheel. I know that they don't turn off in real Mainz buses, but I didn't
      like that. If you want to change that to default, just change the variable automBlinkerAbsch in Script/cockpit_constfile_D92_NG363.txt
    • more powerful engines and corresponding gearboxes. If you own the Berlin X10 addon, change the gear shift points in Voith D884.5 and Voith D864.5 files with the ones from the LC DD antrieb_constfile included in that addon, shifting seems more realistic to me that way. You can copy everything after "Shaltpunkte", just beware that you don't delete "retarder_stufe4" curve. I would include my properly modded files, but I'm guessing that I shouldn't because of that addon's copyright, so the files in this mod only have torque values changed.
    • force feedback: I started working on a force feedback script that would include vibrations from the engine and other effects, but I soon realized that the buses from Drei Generationen addon have a force feedback script that includes engine and braking vibrations, so I stopped trying to come up with my own solution and am using the script from that addon's Citaro with a slight change. As regarding the previous point, I guess that I'm not allowed to share that so I included my own script. It's not as good as the ones from Drei Generationen, but it's still better than the original
    :)
    • I changed the driver's camera to my liking. If you don't like it, look for "Blick nach vorne" in the .bus file and replace it with the one from original .bus
    • h20 switch in cockpit (model from LC GUE), configurable in repaints
    • fixed missing position lights on LC and added left reverse light for both busses
    • fixed missing inner air conditioner texture and lightmap
    • fixed brake glow texture
    • fixed random lighting up of "Kinderwagen Haltewunsch", now it can show up only if there is an actual stop request
    • fixed IBIS staying on if you turn off electricity when it's on ticket selling screen. Also, changed IBIS so that delay is marked with plus. I'm not sure how it should be, but this way seems more logical to me and, if I'm not mistaken, this is the way that it is on all the other buses
    • fix of rear axle height by Brot87 (Link)
    • rear lights visibility fix by Brot87 (Link)
    • until there is a proper fix for heating, inner temperature is set to constantly be at 19 so that passengers don't complain
    • another thing I would recommend is that you copy the passenger noise sounds from Drei Generationen Citaro if you own that addon. It makes driving much more realistic in my opinion. As with the force feedback script, I can't include them because of copyright.

List of added changeable textures and variables:

That's about it. I tried to not use anyone's work without mentioning them. If I did, I apologize, PM me and I will correct the post.
    Have fun and feel free to share any suggestions you have.
    You can also write in German if that's easier for you, I can read it relatively well.

Download links:
    Version 1.15:
    MAN Lion's City NG363 and NL323 V1.15
    Update V1.15 (use this only if you already have my mod installed)

Previous versions:
    Version 1.1:
    MAN Lion's City NG363 and NL323 V1.1
    Update V1.1 (use this only if you already have V1.0 of my mod installed)

Version 1.0:
    MAN Lion's City NG363 and NL323 V1.0

Note that you must have the latest version (bus package from date 09.09.2015.) of O 405's buses from Mainz addon (Link to thread) installed before installing my mod.

Copyright: Do what you want, but please do mention me if you upload parts of my work.

Pictures/videos:

Translucent folding bellow (Durchsichtig Faltenbalg):

Some of the fixes:

Known problems:

Concerning constructive feedback:

I am/We are receptive to every kind of constructive feedback. It must not hurt me/us and must not diminish my/our work.
    Please write your feedback to my/our work so, as to be

• precise and clear, thus not vague or emotional
    • analytical and rational, thus properly researched and convenient, not on impulse
    • solution-orientated, thus, if applicable, attached with counterproposals, consequences and implications.

Since I am/we are glad about any kind of compliment of my/our work, a balanced ratio of positive and negative feedback is greatly appreciated.

14 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Mirko935 () aus folgendem Grund: Version 1.15

• Hi,

i have a little Problem.

Here is my Logfile:

• @Foob: Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in the first post. You set it to 1 to only have alarm in rear door, 2 for both on solo or rear and middle on gelenk, and 3 for all doors on gelenk.

@Der Münsterländer: Did you read the first post or Readme.txt?

;)

It appears that you don't have the original buses from Mainz map installed. Mainz, Karte und Fahrzeuge

• Obviously I wasn't clear again, sorry.

:D

Set it to 1 and you will have the alarm only on rear door. It's the same on both solo and gelenk.

• @BiH_OMSI-FAN1999_FIN:
    Molim, ako imaš kakav prijedlog, samo piši.

/ You're welcome, if you have any suggestion, just write it.

@Foob:
    I'm not sure I understand you. If you want the alarm only on door 2 on solo bus, set variable doorAlarms to 1.
    If you want to change it in the script to always have alarm on door 2 so you don't have to use variables in .cti, open door_MAN_NL323.osc, look for the lines

Code
    1. {macro:trg_bus_dooraft23_temp}
    2. (L.L.door_2) 1 < (L.L.doorAlarms) 1 < ||

and change to

Code
    1. {macro:trg_bus_dooraft23_temp}
    2. (L.L.door_2) 1 <

That way the script will always play the sound on door 2 before closing, regardless of the doorAlarms variable.

I hope I didn't misunderstand you and this is what you wanted to do.

EDIT:
    @Der Münsterländer:
    According to your log, the game can't find the original files, not the ones from my mod. It looks as if something's wrong with your folders. The bus folder should be "vehicles\MAN_LC_MVG\", not "vehicles\Man_Lion_City\MAN_LC_MVG\", but if you deliberately put it all in that subfolder, check if the files from my mod are in the same folder as the original ones. For example, check if "MAN lions City_NL323.bus" is in the same folder as "MAN lions City.bus".

I never had the first version, so I'm not sure. Maybe some files or folder structure has changed or something. Please try installing the last version and see how it goes.

• Im sorry to say but it doesn't work this mod.

The bus has no axles, there's no articulation material which joins the front and trailer, there's multiple Fehler Bei Berespfung errors, and all the relevant files needed are already there, all the previous mods and it doesn't work at all.

All the folders are the same name but it still doesn't work.

Until there's a feasable fix i'll revert back to the original working models

• @LT586:
    I'm sorry that it doesn't work for you; honestly, before uploading the mod, I deleted and reistalled the buses and my mod several times to make sure it all works as I intended. Perhaps there is a problem with older versions of the original bus, I will try to check that, but I don't think I saw a download link for the previous versions anywhere.

:S

I'm not sure what's wrong in your case, but I can guarantee that it works if you copy the "Vehicles" folder from "Paket 2/2" ("Mainz_V1_Teil2.rar" archive) from this link: http://omsi-webdisk.de/index.php?page=EntryFiles&entryID=481 and then copy the "Vehicles" folder from my mod.

• In that case I must apologize for my oversight regarding versions of the original bus. When I started playing OMSI, the latest version of O 405's buses was actual so I completely forgot that some of you may have older versions.

Thanks to everyone who noticed this problem, I will edit the first post to stress that this mod works only with the latest version of the buses.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Also, thanks for the compliments.

• You're welcome, SheldonCooper300

But there was on this forum already a few mods for these buses that included the large AC unit and explanations on how to do it.

Anyway, I have a small update, or, a small addition to the mod. It should fix these things (to avoid confusion, these problems are present from the original buses, not caused by my mod):

• IBIS script causing CV.Calculate - J3 errors
    • IBIS not announcing one of the last (or the last) bus stop(s)
    • IBIS not announcing the first bus stop

A bit more details in the spoiler.

This fix works on all the routes I tested, but since it's impossible for me to test it on every possible map and route

I would kindly ask you all who are willing to try it and report your findings. If there won't be any problems, I'll include it in my main mod. It would be best if you could test it on a route that you know causes one of the mentioned problems, but also see if it causes any other problem.

Also, for those interested, next thing I plan on doing is to add more standing places for the passengers in the buses. I will probably find enough time to do it during the next couple of weeks.

I almost forgot

Download link for the IBIS fix
    Of course, as before, I didn't touch the original scripts so this fix only works if you select NL323 or NG363, not on the original buses.

Have fun!

• Hallöchen.Würde die Mod gerne verwenden. Leider habe ich keine Räder,kein Gelenk und das Dashboard hat auch Fehler...
    Hast du ne Idee wie ich das fixen kann ??