Scania CityWide GN14

• Type of project: Bus

Name of project: Scania CityWide GN14

Involved persons: Alterr, Wizard (script base from SU18 with some changes)

External aid required: Yes (see bottom)

Estimated construction time: Very long time :P

Details: Detailed model with realistic physics. Version for Berlin

Pictures/videos:

A few things that do not allow to finish the project. Vollmatrix and Ticketprinter from C2 addon. Very complex structure does not allow me to successfully use them. We have official permission from Darius to use scripts in our project (path scripts from: HH109_Stadtgelenkbus2012_HHA).
    I'm looking for someone who will help to finish the project.
    Need to find a good quality sound engine Scania DC9 and use the vollmatrix scripts and ticketprinter from C2 addon.

Constructive feedback is welcome. Thank you

• Sieht richtig gut aus! Freue mich auf den Scania! :)
    Natürlich werde ich als Berliner mir den genau unter die Lupe nehmen!

• Can´t u use the scripts of Darius and make it only for the guys with 3Gen-Addon?

• Hey, Please send me a private massage. May I can help you :) I talked to you on Twitch, but you didn't answer :/
    Greetings

• Hello Wizard!

If you need help with the sounds and the engine, I'm the right user. Unfortunately, I don't have any engine-sounds of the Scania. Maybe we find a good recording on Youtube or a gentle user read this post and spend us a recording.

Best regards,
    Bene

Bei Fragen rund um Sounds und Sounddesign, könnt ihr euch gerne bei mir melden via PN oder in meinem Thread.
    Private Anfragen zur Soundpackerstellung werden nicht mehr entgegen genommen - Lediglich für Entwickler eines Busses biete ich noch Hilfe an!

Private inquiries for creating a sound-pack will now be declined. I will only provide help for active bus developers.

Edited once, last by Bene ().

• It's almost certaint that this bus needs the K++ display. Darius' work's too simple and does not include the support for bmp files. That Display's too limited.

• Looks amazing! Finally the first Scania since OMSI 1! Can't wait to see it released :)
    This has been in the making for along time now as I know it was abandoned until alterr bought it off another developer and then I heard nothing else until now so please take your time and don't rush it!

Would this series of scania use the same engines of those in the OmniDekka series. I have a few of these running in my local area. A few 03/04 series. Some 07/08 series and some 10/11 series. Each year the engine sounds have changed. The 10/11 series are very underpowered when going up hills and the cooling fans are very audible from inside and outside the bus, which is normal for these (I think). You can tell I like them by my profile picture, just one of the ones that runs past my house and they still run in heavy snow unlike some operators.

Hope this helps. (BTW I can't get any recordings of the newer ones as I ride on the older ones about once a month plus my phone is basically a potatoe)

• I'm very happy to see this bus, I'm so glad to hear that you build another Berlin-bus for OMSI, although I heard and saw something about this project before. As I can see in the last picture the bus seems to have the ATRON-Touch, that's great. The textures are looking very good, also the colors. I hope there will be many things to see until the bus will be released. :)

Meine BVG-Linien:
    :mtram_small: M6, M8 :tram_small: 16
    :bus_small: 154, 191, 192, 195, 197, 291 :xbus_small: X54, X69
    Selbsternannter Experte für Hof-Dateien sowie den ÖPNV in einigen deutschen Gegenden (u.a. Berlin, Hamburg, Norddeutschland).

• I am sorry to ask this ridiculously exciting question BUT. Will alterr be doing the prototype DD version (It may be tricky but a master like him should have no problem!)

Ive wanted to ask since I saw this bus was coming - If it's not possible to mention here for whatever reason then do PM me - or if it is planned do let us know so I can sleep easy :D

Thanks!

• Hello Wizard!

If you need help with the sounds and the engine, I'm the right user. Unfortunately, I don't have any engine-sounds of the Scania. Maybe we find a good recording on Youtube or a gentle user read this post a spend us a recording.

Best regards,
    Bene

Thank you. I'll try to search on Youtube (how could I forget :D )

Awesome <3 I really like your projects ;D Maybe Morphi can help you with the sounds.

I will try to contact him, thanks :)

It's almost certaint that this bus needs the K++ display. Darius' work's too simple and does not include the support for bmp files. That Display's too limited.

Really, thank you :)

Looks amazing! Finally the first Scania since OMSI 1! Can't wait to see it released :)
    This has been in the making for along time now as I know it was abandoned until alterr bought it off another developer and then I heard nothing else until now so please take your time and don't rush it!

Would this series of scania use the same engines of those in the OmniDekka series. I have a few of these running in my local area. A few 03/04 series. Some 07/08 series and some 10/11 series. Each year the engine sounds have changed. The 10/11 series are very underpowered when going up hills and the cooling fans are very audible from inside and outside the bus, which is normal for these (I think). You can tell I like them by my profile picture, just one of the ones that runs past my house and they still run in heavy snow unlike some operators.

Hope this helps. (BTW I can't get any recordings of the newer ones as I ride on the older ones about once a month plus my phone is basically a potatoe)

This is very valuable information! It would really help, thanks!

• I would like to ask you to take special care of the windows this time. Both the Citaro und Solaris buses by alterr were kind of lacking in this area.

Reflection with (slight) window tint should be a separate material channel (like the rain texture) and the material channel for repaints/maintexture covering windows should be drawn on top of the reflection. Otherwise window paintings will have much higher reflection than they would normally have. Regular window reflection should be 1.0 (envmap) whereas the main/repainttexture (on windows) should be closer to 0.1-0.4

Both the Solaris and the Citaro also featured the problem of non-repaintable parts around the windows (the small openable ones). See pictures:

The order of transparent meshs in the model.cfg was also incorrect on both buses which caused some undesired effects with painted-on windows on both sides of the bus. Interior windows should be a separate mesh file that appears before the outside window meshes in the model.cfg. Else multiple window paints will not be displayed correctly. Again see picture below:

If you have further questions feel free to ask via PM

Die Verbreitung und Modifizierung von bisher durch mich veröffentlichten Inhalten bedarf meiner Zustimmung.

:tram: Entwickler der Straßenbahnen NF6D und KT4D für OMSI 2

Edited 4 times, last by Feindflug ().

• Please don't use the display from Drei Generationen addon. Keep the Krüger++ mod ... It is much more customizable ;)

GOD BLESS PARIS, GOD BLESS FRANCE !!!!

If you have an question, please write it in english only, I CAN'T read german. Thanks :)

• I also favor the Krüger++ for the looks and customization options. However, I would like to point out that the regular Krüger++ scripts are very draining on performance (this varies with the quality of your processor) even if just one bus with it is used.

Obviously this gets worse in areas where large numbers of this bus may appear (Rathaus Spandau and Zoologischer Garten for example). It is possible to optimize the Krüger++ Scripts for performance though.

Die Verbreitung und Modifizierung von bisher durch mich veröffentlichten Inhalten bedarf meiner Zustimmung.

:tram: Entwickler der Straßenbahnen NF6D und KT4D für OMSI 2

Edited once, last by Feindflug ().