Issues creating articulated bus

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hello,

So recently, I have started my first articulated bus. I am (obviously) facing problems when creating the basic body and wheels. I have used the NG272 as a base to build upon, but it has yielded nothing. I have taken all that I thought was necessary , but it still doesn't perform correctly. Instead the trailer swings around as it it were only being supported by the joint of the bus.

This is the bus in Blender (2.76)

And here is the bus in OMSI

With the NG272 used as a base

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlOLuNATekE&feature=youtu.be

And not used as a base

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdJSHvFshTE&feature=youtu.be

Perhaps, some insight on how to fix this?

Edit:

I notice the distance between the two sections. Could this play a role in the overall bad peformance, and would I need to slide it upwards in Blender or OMSI?

• i really don't know what your problem is in this case. works perfect in my oppinion. you got the import wrong, thats why you face those weird behaviour.
    we can't help you much here, but i try to explain what is needed and how you should setup your bus before exporting to OMSI.
    first, make sure you got the object origin in the correct place. it should be somewhere in the middle of the vehicle, but more towards the rear axle.

Edit: The Object Origin needs to be at X0 Y0 Z0, otherwise the mesh won't align correctly.

its the same for the trailer. the origin should be somewhere in the middle again, something like that:

thats it for the export.

to get it properly working in OMSI, you need to setup the [couple_back] and [couple_front] tags correctly. if you got a free rotating botom plate (like in the NG272), the couple back tag of the front vehicle should be the middle of the bellow, thats the case for the trailer, too.

in my case, the couplepoint is @-3.63 on the y axis.

you have to, and thats critical, put the correct values in the *.bus of your vehicles. the articulation will be calculated with all those entrys.

now do the same for the trailer. if you rearanged the origin, make sure that you put the correct front coupling value into the bus.cfg.

last, you have to define the [newachse] tags correctly. in your last video, the trailer is exported way to far away from the defined axle in the *.bus. you can see clearly, that the rotation point isn't on your rear axle, which leads to the strange behaviour.

after you get the meshes aligned correctly and the config set properly, you will see that the articulation works perfectly. if the trailer still is "swimming" a bit, you can set the [cog] tags to modify the center of gravity. you can refer to the OMSI SDK for that.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Chrizzly92 ()