EDITOR, How to merge the white car splines?

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hi all so I'm playing around with OMSI 2 editor and am making a short route on an existing map but I really have no idea how to merge two white Car splines together, in red i've made a line on the screenshot of what I want to do exactly, I need the bus to change lanes and make a U-Turn exactly there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Did you build this crossing with invisible streets and terrain-splines?
    If so, simply try to divide the paths every 2 or 5 meters,
    else, open the crossing-editor (you can find it in the official OMSI-SDK) and edit the paths there. Simply add another one to complete your loop there.

Greetings

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply and no it's a map that already exists I didn't create it myself.

When you refer to the crossing-editor and that it's in the official OMSI-SDK, do you mean it's already something inside the editor or
    something I have to download apart like from this page?
    [DE+EN] [OMSI] Download-Links Doku, SDK, SDK-Tools, DIN-Fonts

EDIT: Ok, so I've just taken a look and I am still pretty confused, I assume then that you can't add the white car paths and that they are automatically defined in the intersections that you can place in the objects tab. But as they are invisible streets I really have no idea!

I've tried everything I can within the editor and just can not work out how to do it.
    Is it the tab where you add a trackentry?

Any more help in the right direction would be much appreciated!!

• Well, it's difficult to explain how to delete and create paths in the crossing-editor - at least it's difficult to put it into words.
    I didn't exactly get whether you successfully launched the crossing-editor but if so, try to click a path and delete it on the right. If you add another, you can simply hold CTRL and click the path where you want to add it.
    The biggest problem is obviously that the editor is in German.

• Hi again,

That's the question I had, I have succesfully launched the OMSI 2 editor via steam, but when you talk about the "crossing editor" I don't know if you mean that it's a different program just for the crossings?

Because in the normal editor I've tried all the tabs and using SHIFT and CTRL and also trying to delete but it's just impossible.

Thanks

• I think, he mean the "ObjectEditor" from the OMSI1-SDK-Tools. That's an Crossing-Editor, originally build for OMSI1-Files. You can use it in OMSI2-maps, but you can't edit with that OMSI2-objects. (the file-format is too new for that). In this editor you can add or delete paths, this editor is complete in english, language-files are ignored.
    Take a look into the SDK

:)

P.S.: The file name from this editor is: "OmsiObjEditP.exe" and is located in the folder "SDK"

• Hi Andy,

Many thanks, I'm slowly understanding more!
    I've opened the program, so before with the other editor I was opening the "global.cfg" and it gave me everything.
    Now I have just the option for .sco files. As seen in the screenshot.

Though from what you say I don't think I will be able to open the map from OMSI 2 directly and can't seem to find any .sco files.

Kind Regards and thanks again.

• You have to open a .sco-file: A crossing, not the whole map. You can find every object at the path OMSI 2/Scenery Objects also containing buildings and crossings.

• Hi all, thanks for your kind help.

I've managed to now add the new car paths but it's impossible in the normal editor to later join my one with the already existing one, I've pressed shift
    and left clicked the already existing one but later get the error that they are not joined?

In the crossing editor maybe I am missing something?!

Many thanks again.

• I usually delete one path and try to complete them anyway, I know it's difficult, but it will take much time for it.
    Try to split the paths and adjust the ones you want to complete. If you have been successful enough, it works with the button "complete to" in the Crossing-Editor (not the map-editor)

• I strongly doubt that the AI behaviour will look good on that path. Try starting the path further back on the left side and reduce the curvature of the path by making the curved part longer. I would assume that the Complete function will work better then, too. And on the right it shouldn't make this left-right curve at its end. If you layed the red part of the path manually and try to complete it to the blue one, there's no proper way to connect these because of the distance between both ends, the angle between them and their curvature.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 182 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 10
    Maximale Dateigröße: 100 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: pdf, txt