Type of project: Tram (fictional)
Name of project: Proyect UniTram
This small fictional trolley is hopefully a fully drivable vehicle to come.
I have been working on it for some years now without really making any progress do to lack of time but now it has speeded up so I want to share it with you all and know what you think.
The name UniTram is based on the fact that is a very small tramway and many cities around the world back in the days had smaller versions of their vehicles called unified cars or unified tramway, there for, Uni-Tram in a more modern way.
I have made it almost from the bottom. The only reused part are some of the scripts and some textures i have token from different other omsi busses.
It's still in a beta state but it is drivable.
What's done and what's left:
The dashboard, as you can see in the 3rd picture has already a few things, many of the buttons, lights and switches are fully functional.
The two big grey rods are the main controls, accelerating and braking, and they do move correctly while driving.
- The exterior may need some better texturing down the road.
- I'm thinking about putting an air conditioning unit on the roof behind the pantograph.
- The pantograph is for now just there, it cant move.
- The doors are not textured very good but they have their moving parts. They are inward gliding doors like a conventional bus.
I thought about doing sliding doors but it would be to modern. And classic trolley folding doors would be to old.
- The front and back lights and all blinkers are all working.
- The interior lightmap is still to come.
- I'm having some trouble with the windows wiper
and the outer displays. They simply won't come on.
The wiper just dosn't move
and the displays only change if you select your destination manually in the menu.
- The Ibis on the dashboard and the interior passenger display and stop request does work.
I hope to finish it at least enough to release it into the public, so every one who wants to drive a semi modern fictional trolley can enjoy this. I'm of course also trying to make a small map to use it on.
This is not easy and blender is giving me a headache sometimes.
The map from where these screenshots are taken in is just a test map I have created for now. The splines, intersections and catenary is also created almost from scratch.
I will appreciate if you all can give me some feedback and suggestions if you see something missing or have an idea.
- New dashboard with new improved throttle, direction selector and main brake, now added air conditioning panel and more buttons and lights.
- Movable pantograph. (Normally it's up because of the AI but there is a button on the dashboard that turns it down and up again and a light that shows it's position).
- Double traction. As asked the double traction is working now perfectly. I only still need to add couplers.
- Beta release: Link
For running this vehicle you have to think like its a bus on tracks. Classic electrics and engine start like every other OMSI bus.
Dont take turns to fast. Not like other trams available to OMSI, this one does move and shake a bit in turns and the passengers will protest and scream at you.
- Destination display
- Front and back couplings
- Single unit version
- Different sounds.
- Adjusted tach needle.
Thank you for watching.