Proyect UniTram (Beta Update 23/03/17)

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.

• Type of project:
    Tram (fictional)

Name of project: Proyect UniTram

Creator: Tzino

:tram:

This small fictional trolley is hopefully a fully drivable vehicle to come.

I have been working on it for some years now without really making any progress do to lack of time but now it has speeded up so I want to share it with you all and know what you think.

:)

The name UniTram is based on the fact that is a very small tramway and many cities around the world back in the days had smaller versions of their vehicles called unified cars or unified tramway, there for, Uni-Tram in a more modern way.

I have made it almost from the bottom. The only reused part are some of the scripts and some textures i have token from different other omsi busses.

It's still in a beta state but it is drivable.

What's done and what's left:

- The dashboard, as you can see in the 3rd picture has already a few things, many of the buttons, lights and switches are fully functional.
    The two big grey rods are the main controls, accelerating and braking, and they do move correctly while driving.

- The exterior may need some better texturing down the road.
    - I'm thinking about putting an air conditioning unit on the roof behind the pantograph.
    - The pantograph is for now just there, it cant move.
    - The doors are not textured very good but they have their moving parts. They are inward gliding doors like a conventional bus.
    I thought about doing sliding doors but it would be to modern. And classic trolley folding doors would be to old.

:D

- The front and back lights and all blinkers are all working.
    - The interior lightmap is still to come.
    - I'm having some trouble with the windows wiper and the outer displays. They simply won't come on.
    The wiper just dosn't move and the displays only change if you select your destination manually in the menu.
    - The Ibis on the dashboard and the interior passenger display and stop request does work.

I hope to finish it at least enough to release it into the public, so every one who wants to drive a semi modern fictional trolley can enjoy this. I'm of course also trying to make a small map to use it on.

This is not easy and blender is giving me a headache sometimes.

:wacko:

I'm not very good at using blender so I have almost made everything in sketchup and autocad. But still blender is necessary for texturing and some details.

:S

The map from where these screenshots are taken in is just a test map I have created for now. The splines, intersections and catenary is also created almost from scratch.

I will appreciate if you all can give me some feedback and suggestions if you see something missing or have an idea.

;)

Update 31/05/16:

- New dashboard with new improved throttle, direction selector and main brake, now added air conditioning panel and more buttons and lights.
    - Movable pantograph. (Normally it's up because of the AI but there is a button on the dashboard that turns it down and up again and a light that shows it's position).
    - Double traction. As asked the double traction is working now perfectly. I only still need to add couplers.

Update 23/10/16:

- Beta release: Link

For running this vehicle you have to think like its a bus on tracks. Classic electrics and engine start like every other OMSI bus.
    Dont take turns to fast. Not like other trams available to OMSI, this one does move and shake a bit in turns and the passengers will protest and scream at you.

Update 01/11/16:

- Destination display
    - Front and back couplings
    - Single unit version
    - Announcements

Update 23/03/17:

- Different sounds.

- Adjusted tach needle.

Download: Link

Pictures:

Thank you for watching.

:thumbsup:

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Tzino () aus folgendem Grund: Updated

• The tram looks great. But one question. Is there a door release and passangers have to open the doors by themself? And you dont have to make the pantograph moving but it would be great if it is not to difficult for you. You can may ask Julian or Kartoffelphantom for help with that because they already did it.

• The tram looks great. But one question. Is there a door release and passangers have to open the doors by themself? And you dont have to make the pantograph moving but it would be great if it is not to difficult for you. You can may ask Julian or Kartoffelphantom for help with that because they already did it.

Thank you for your interest. The two doors are open both at the same time manually by the driver. Of course it could be arranged to make the passanger do it. The two stop request by each door can just be turned in to automatic door openers. It will just be adding two buttons outside. The pantograph i havent started on scripting it yet. I was thinking about having them down and automatically go up when you turn on the main power.

Zitat

Nice work! Is a Doppeltraktion possible? Keep on.

Of course doppeltraktion will be possible. I just have to add couplers to the front and back. It will be nice to have during rush hours.

Zitat

You could make a articulated Version like the KT4 from Kartoffelphantom. Just think about it. Nice Work

;)

In the future I might think about doing some kind of articulated version but one at the time

• It would be great when the passangers open the doors and that the doors will close after around 4 seconds when no one was moving througt the doors. An I mean that the pantograph will move with the catenary/Oberleitung when that is a spline.

• Only I think a few people have to move to the back or the front and the train will tilt to one side.

;)

Maybe you can make one wheel at the front and one at the back. But I think that wont work because you already scripted it now for that. But it would be bettet I think

• The tram looks very nice. It's maybe the first fictional vehicle in Omsi.

But is it planned, that you remove the gearbox buttons. I've never seen a tram with Gearbox-Buttons.

The tram looks very nice. It's maybe the first fictional vehicle in Omsi.

But is it planned, that you remove the gearbox buttons. I've never seen a tram with Gearbox-Buttons.

Gibt es

Bei und Braunschweig sind in den GT6 der Baujahr 77 und 81 so wie 95 alle Knöpfe und Schalter im Fahrstand aus dem VÖV Arbeitsplatz bestückt. Selbst der Tacho ist Original ausm Bus

• Beta Release 23/10/16

For running this vehicle you have to think like its a bus on tracks.
    Classic electrics and engine start like every other OMSI bus.

Dont take turns to fast. Not like other trams available to OMSI, this
    one does move and shake a bit in turns and the passengers will protest
    and scream at you.

Looks very interesting, I'm excited to see the final product

Can you already give a estimated value of the tram's minimal turning radius?

I'm not sure even though it's my creation.

But you can imagine that being a short unit it would be a small radius

• Where can I download the update of 1/11/16?
    Or need I the download link of update 23/10/16?
    Or Aren't a download of update 1/11/16?
    (And yes, sorry for my so much bad english

)

I found it

:P

(click on the beta release)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von TheDutchBus () aus folgendem Grund: I found it :P