Creating Splines

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hello all,
    I've recently been trying to create a new spline for a map. I have managed to make it work apart from the sidewalk on the right hand side. I do not know how to flip the thing round so that there is a curb on the road side and not a gap

:P

! Any help regarding this matter is greatly appreciated

:thumbup:

! Thanks! (When I know how to do this I will write an English Tutorial on the OMSI Wiki for other users

:D

)

• Thanks Thiago, half fixed it now, but still need to flip the texture so the graphical "Curb" is actually on the curb (or gap) side not the other!

EDIT: Managed to fix it now!! Again, I thank you Thiago! (Now all I've gotta do is work out how to do that in th*.txt file that is converted with the StreetCreator.exe...)

Good evening,

I've been (half-successfully) trying to create a spline. It is to feature, from left to right:

• a 5m-wide footpath
    • three traffic lanes, each 3m-wide
    • inside curb
    • under 7m of space
    • two tram tracks
    • under 7m of space
    • inside curb
    • three traffic lanes, each 3m-wide
    • a 5m-wide footpath

However, I've been getting a very nice error from the editor (which, by the way, exists in every Spandau map that I have) - "Division durch Null", which means... what? Division by zero? (Lo siento, no hablo alemán porque estudio español en mi colegio:P. Oh, y me gusta español:D. ) I also received help from my mates at the Polish OMSI forum (first of all, they've cleaned it up a bit [some basic errors like texture file names, and texture callers in [profile]]), but, despite that, I've been still getting the error.

Here is the spline >> http://www.mediafire.com/?4xt2qq1z892oiwk >> (sorry for the link as opposed to a code entry but it kept on making it all weird...)

Would anyone be able to tell me where the error is? There is something that causes the game to not work properly. There are some simplified values in the paths section (I simplified the ped, car and rail path width to 2, 3 and 2.4m respectively) - this could be setting it off - as well as some quite random texture values in the graphical lanes section.

Thanks for any help!

• You'll be please to know I found the problem! Your height profiles were incorrect.

Just copy the following code into you file and it should work:

EDIT: I also noticed that your rail paths were not centered on the textures. Change the 1.600 values (second line) to 1.300 and that should fix it. (Thanks for the spline btw!)

Thanks for an attempt, but the error keeps on appearing (as much as I'd like it not to...). I have created two files (one with my height profiles, and the other with yours) and none seem to work. I also have deleted the interheight height profiles in my original file shortly after yesterday's upload and that didn't seem to fix it either. Perhaps it's the Notepad that has got to do with it?

BTW - do you get the error, Road-hog123?

Thanks so much for your help, Road-hog123, as this spline is really the first and perhaps the most important spline in a new map I am creating (in fact, a reconstruction of once started but abandoned project that can be still found on the old forum). This will also, somehow, hopefully, help me with the Radom - Power in Precision project (even though no trams are to be found in Radom). Thanks once again.