This screenshot publication covers the section between Gavião and Vila Rica & also the town of Vila Rica itself, present on the course of the route 9374. These sections were scenerized (1st phase) in mid-to late January but photos were from early February. This screenshot publication contains 20 screenshots and was made with an Mercedes-Benz O 305 G (CP Bahnbus, 1987). This is also the 1st part of this photo release, to reduce overall footprint of each thread post (a Part II will come tomorrow between Vila Rica & Povos Novos, which will also cover the village itself).
Please note that OMSI is no longer under development. Some of the developers are now working on a new simulator. Further information concerning the LOTUS-Simulator can be found here.
This screenshot publication covers the section between Vila Rica & Povos Novos, which will also cover Povos Novos itself. This also, as mentioned, is the Part II of this screenshot publication. This part contains 14 screenshots.
Nice,which splines/objects did you use for the tunnels,can you send them to me via PM?
Nice,which splines/objects did you use for the tunnels,can you send them to me via PM?
The splines & objects for this particular tunnel came with the Blankwitz map (of Waldheini12). I'm planning to require to have Blankwitz installed in order to get this map working.
After a long time without writing nothing (94(!) days), I'll now give a catch-up of what I've done on the edition & construction of the map:
- The scenerisation of the route 9374's sections of São Bras & São Brás Norte occurred between mid-May & early June. São Brás has two nucleuses (São Brás and São Brás Norte, a smaller village northwards), which is located on a forestal zone, the Forest of Santarém Sul. The scenerisation between Povos Novos and São Brás occurred right after the procedures in Povos Novos were finished. Three tiles were added in order to give deepness to the sections, while also creating a mountain. A tunnel without the right walls was added to increase safety to the buses and cars which will cross the main road (the Estrada Nacional EN114-6). São Brás has also a prosperous agriculture, thanks to the climate conditions of the zone, neverthless the forest zone which is located.
- Now the scenerization procedures goes in full throttle towards the last sections and the last town: São José, in tribute to São José da Lamarosa. Is a town which has a important railroad station which serves the North Line (Linha do Norte) and the East Line (Linha do Leste).
- More information will be given on the next two weeks and a screenshot publication is stated to be held on June 18, to showcase the progress of the map.
I apologise for any unavoidable inconvenience. These recent months have been so complicated...
This screenshot publication covers the section between the communities of Povos Novos & São José (both nucleii - Centro & Norte), which the 9374 will make service. This screenshot publication will also cover São José (Centro & Norte) itself. This sections, as you may have known was scenerised (attention: 1st phase, a 2nd phase: traffic signals & bus stops is comming later) between late April & early June (slower than predicted!!). This screenshot publication contains 20 screenshots.
After 122(!) days without posting anything, I'm now committed to provide a important news update about the progresses done in the development and construction of this map.
- The scenerisation of the map section of the line 9374 was concluded finally in September, with the finalisation of the scenerisation of São José (the screenshot publication was covering the scenerisation of São Brás, not São José), including the construction of the railroad station in the area. The area is also close to a windfarm which is located south of the town. The town has also a important school: The Escola Secundária de São Jose.
- A reconstruction of the bus terminal in Vila Franca was done before the beginning of the scenerisation of the line 9373. This was done to enable express and local lines to stop in the terminal without any hassle, and to make able the 9372 to operate with articulated buses.
- The scenerisation of the route 9373 began in early October, with the scenerisation of the section between Vila Franca and Alvito, with the scenerisation of the village itself concluded in early November.
- A screenshot publication will be held on 26th October, showcasing what was done in the scenerisation of the section between São Brás and São José.
Apologies for any inconveniences.
After a unexpected delay (my computer bugged, but fortunately I was able to repair it), here it comes the delayed screenshot publication which will cover the progress of the scenerisation (1st phase) of the section between São Brás & São José, alongside the town of São José itself & its railroad station, thus constituing the last section of the line 9374.
This publication contains 16 screenshots:
After 65 days without writing nothing, I'm now committed to provide a progress update of my map, to let no one without being informed on what's happening. And happened a lot of things:
- First, the scenerisation of the section of the line 9373 HAS begun in late-November. The first town to be part of it is Alvito, a small town with a important monument: the Palácio Real de Vila Franca, which despite of its name, is located at 2-3 km of the town of Vila Franca. The town of Alvito began as a smaller village surrounding the royal palace, but it grew in the 20th century with many people preferring the place because of its affordable housing & connections to the railway station in Vila Franca.
- Next, some surprises: You may have seen recently some buses like the Mercedes-Benz Citaro Ü, the Mercedes-Benz O 407, and the Mercedes-Benz Citaro MÜ painted in the green colours of CP. That happens because these buses will be part of a new version, which won't see the light until 2019-2020. But, I'll make the repaints available for those buses even in this first version.
- And of course, the screenshot publication: it'll be made (if nothing occurrs) in 13th January showcaing the scenerisation progress on this map.
Despite being delayed for a day to solve personal issues, here it comes the screenshot publication which covers the scenerisation progress (reminding all: 1st phase) of the section between Vila Franca and Alvito of the line 9373, which is the first section of this route. As is expected, the Lisbon section of the map (except for a subsection used by the line 9372 and 9374), will still have the original OMSI 2 trees.
This publication contains 18 screenshots:
After a long time without posting nothing. I'm now committed to inform you what happened in the construction of the map (the map is not dead!):
- It was decided to change the elevation of the next locations of this map (Aveiras de Baixo e Benfica-a-Nova) to 15 metres, adding in between them a valley with a small river (called Ribeira de Aveiras). This location was also greeted with a bridge (using a object from Krummenaab by Oberpfalz3D) for the main road being able to cross above the valley (the road is the Estrada Nacional 114, which the line 9373 and its express variation 9373X will use).
- The scenerisation procedures between Alvito and Aveiras de Baixo are already underway, and are expected to end right in this week, adding the buildings and the detailing inside the location.
- When that is finally finished, a date for a screenshot publication will finally be announced here. Is expected that will occure in early April. I'll certainly be more faster in the scenerisation and detailing of the map (FINAL NOTE: The objects of the map are still with me, with some of them texturised (except for the part which will be able to be used to add a text - but that will get done soon).
I finally got the time to speed up the scenerisation of the map in order to make possible this screenshot publication (however, bringing the potential impact on the quality of the scenerisation to a minimum). This screenshot publication will cover the scenerisation progress between Alvito and Aveiras de Baixo, including the community itself, but excluding the bridge sections, which will still undergo the first phase of scenerisation.
This screenshot publication has a lower number of photos: 15.
The Alvito Incline seen from the EN114 corner nearby the location...
...And the same incline seen from the top of it.
And here it is! Aveiras de Baixo, which is a village with very peculiar buildings...
...It doesn't seem to have those, but don't be deceived by the appearances...
...It has indeed a fire department, very important in case of wildland fires...
...And the buildings which I was talking about are these ones (comming from the NoNameProduktion object pack) - They are indeed the most modern and the most beautiful buildings in the region. They were designed in the late 1980s and were built from 1992 to 1995.
And here it is the last screenshot, showcasing the road between Aveiras de Baixo and Benfica-a-Nova.
After my shenanigans with the computer resolved, I'm announcing that the map suffered a little delay because of it. But again, the map work is back up and running again as normal.
- And after Aveiras de Baixo, the next community to be characterised (scenerised) is Benfica-A-Nova, a village located after the Ribeira do Oeste Bridge, a village with a important agricultural economy and the most advanced botanical garden of the Western Portugal region (outside of Lisbon, of course).
- Between Aveiras de Baixo and Benfica-A-Nova, the scenerisation progresses at a good rate, while doing in a new way to make the scenerisation less bothersome and more diverse in pattern (I also initially used a object from Krummenaab, but it ended being not much FPS friendly). In the meantime, thanks to Pennermaster and this object pack, I made some road and crossing modifications (done concurrently with the replacement of the road bushes alongside the sections of the line 9372/74 in both Lisbon and Santarém Districts) to streamline some roads previously complicated (the samething was done between Benfica-A-Nova and Pereira de Baixo/Infantado, sections of the line 9373).
- 9371S is now 9371L - The Skip-Stop route will now be called a Limited-Stop Line "Linha de Paragens Limitadas". The terminuses will remain the same, but will now stop at Vila de Garanhos.
- A screenshot publication will be announced in the next week. So, stay tuned!
Well, I'm back after a long hiatus. Many unexpected personal challenges came around that didn't allow me to continue the design of the map. However, those challenges are finally resolved, and my will to continue this map is now back [thanks also to Perotinus's O 303], I will announce my next screenshot presentation of the progress done in this map on 4th May. I'm confident that I'll try to finish this map in this year [unless something happens].
Also, an repaint and an AI-list option for the Mercedes-Benz O 303 will be announced in the same day.
As promised, here it comes. I also want to inform that part of the section between Vila Franca and Alvito was reworked, but that will have to come later. Also, some of the splines depicted here have yet to be re-profiled, and some textures were changed as well. Plus, an object here depicted will have to be removed and replaced.
This screenshot publication will cover the scenerisation progress between Aveiras de Baixo e Benfica-a-Nova, including the community itself and the ABV Memorial Garden [formerly the Botanic Garden], including the bridge sections. Including also is the preview of the supermarket of the town of Xuanzang-Campo Grande, the only portion of it served by the line 9373. This publication has 8+2 bonus screenshots.
This section will still undergo further scenerisation procedures. That process is just 5 percent complete.
As also promised, here it comes a repaint option for the Mercedes-Benz O 303-15 KHP-L from Perotinus for this map. Closely related to Deutsche Bahn's buses, however adapted to the CP-MTB operations. This repaint will still undergo changes until it is considered final.
Final note - I'm considering moving the progress updates of this map towards the OMSI Web-Disk website, but this is yet not a final decision.