Alto da Boa Viagem (fictional)

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Type of project: Map

Name of project: Alto da Boa Viagem (fictional)

Involved persons: O530 Carris PT (et. al.)

External aid required: No (until further notice)

Details: Welcome to Alto da Boa Viagem, a fictional rural / overland map which is located in Western Portugal region (Lisbon and Southern Santarém districts, more precisely). This map has a main town (Vlia Franca, tribute to Vila Franca de Xira) with an main station, located in a fictional railroad branch (Estação Central de Vila Franca, which is the terminus of the forementioned fictional Tagus Branch), which has bus services provided by CP (the railroad operator, which in this map operates also buses), which connects this station with the towns and villages in the region, but also other stations located in both East Line and West Line (these ones have nothing to do with the real ones in Portugal), placed in the region.

This map has 8 interurban routes (local, express and skip-stop routes, divided by 4 groups, the groups are numbered after the main route of the group):

(1) - Route 9371 group (servicing between Vila Franca, Est. Central and Porto da Boa Viagem):
    - 9371 (local, main route);
    - 9371S (skip-stop route, only stopping at 65% of the stops of local route, it has the same terminii);

(2) - Route 9372 group (servicing between Vila Franca, Est. Central and Vila de Almeirim (Fictional), Mosteiro - This route crosses the Lisbon-Santarém district border):
    - 9372 (local, main route);
    - 9372X (express route, only stopping at 50% of the stops of local route, it has the same terminii);

(3) - Route 9373 group (servicing between Vila Franca, Est. Central and Vila de Frades):
    - 9373 (local, main route);
    - 9373X (express route, only stopping at 50% of the stops of local route, it has the same terminii);

(4) - Route 9374 group (servicing between Porto Alto, Praça Central or Vila Franca, Est. Central and Vila de S. José, Estação - The express route crosses the Lisbon-Santarém district border):
    - 9374 (local, main route, terminating at Porto Alto, Praça Central from Vila de S. José);
    - 9374X (express route, only stopping at 50% of the stops of local route, extended to Vila Franca, Est. Central from Porto Alto, maintaining the other terminus at Vila de S. José. This route also doesn't stop in Colónia de Mecha);

Buses which will be used: the bus which I felt adequated to be used was the Mercedes-Benz O 307 v2 of Perotinus. But another Ai-Lists (for the earlier O 307 (v1.2.1), the Setra S215UL, MAN NL202/NG272, MAN ÜL, MB O 407, Mercedes-Benz O 305 G (with Bahnbus-mod) or New Flyer DE60LF (Chicago Add-On) in combination with the forementioned Mercedes-Benz O 307, or even lightweight AIs (Solaris Urbino 12 MEP)), aswell Mercedes-Benz Citaro Ü & GÜ will be considered.

Pictures/videos:

Concerning constructive feedback:

I am/We are receptive to every kind of constructive feedback. It must not hurt me/us and must not diminish my/our work.
    Please write your feedback to my/our work so, as to be

• precise and clear, thus not vague or emotional
    • analytical and rational, thus properly researched and convenient, not on impulse
    • solution-orientated, thus, if applicable, attached with counterproposals, consequences and implications.

Since I am/we are glad about any kind of compliment of my/our work, a balanced ratio of positive and negative feedback is greatly appreciated.

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von O530 Carris PT () aus folgendem Grund: Additional information, AI changes (some explained on Oct 2016 posts)

• Some Map Facts:

- Number of Tiles: ca. 415-420 (bigger than Tettau or Bad Kinzau);
    - Longest (planned) Route: 9372 or 9374X (with approx. 30 to 40 km);
    - This map and its routes are also divided by "fare zones" (from 1 to 10, except for 9372 and 9374 which will be from 1 to 21, jumping from 2 to 12 in the Lisbon-Santarém District Border). This zones will be only possible on GSÜH 240 M12 bus.

News: The scenerization of the scenario of the route 9371 is progressing well (never added so much objects in a tile), but is some difficulties to manage the traffic while in game testings. Traffic lights were also tested at the crossing of EN119-3 with the EN7 roads (these two roads are fictional), and the results were satisfactory to be inserted later on other junctions and crossings, but not in all, others will be managed by modifying their traffic rules.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von O530 Carris PT () aus folgendem Grund: Change in screenshot release (due to personal issues)

• Hmm, from what I can see it sill looks too "German" I think.Especially that road in the forest with all those pines alligned to spline does not look very portuguese...

Great observation. In fact, the current status is an hybrid of Portuguese and German, due to the objects and splines constraints. I know that creating some road signs will change things a bit.

Other than that, the map is planned to be an hybrid of German (some objects), Portuguese (names, location and roadsigns (I started today to make it on Blender)), and in some planned aspects, American (I got inspiration for this map on the service pattern of the Metro-North Railroad (servicing two different zones, in the MNR case, two states (NY and CT - is the New Haven Line) and the fare zone delimitation). However, I decided to make it for buses, not for trains).

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von O530 Carris PT () aus folgendem Grund: More detailed information on map

• News: There is now some changes to the names of the locations of Santarém District part (routes 9372 and 9374):
    - The previously named Vila de S. Pedro is stated to be now Vila de Almeirim, in a tribute (in name only, because this one is a fictional town) to the real town of Almeirim (route 9372);
    - The previously named Vila de S. Bernardo is stated to be now Vila de S. José - much because of the limitations of the O 307/O 407 Annax

:thumbdown:

, and I also felt that is also in a tribute to a village in Ribatejo Area (named S. José da Lamarosa, obviously) (route 9374).
    I felt that was important to announce this changes, but updates are still to come.

:D

So, stick around for more!
    Screenshot publication date delayed to June 25th/26th, because of (more) personal problems and also an OMSI AI problem (fortunately solved) which compromised my game. Apologize for any further inconvenience.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von O530 Carris PT () aus folgendem Grund: Screenshot publication day statement.

• As promised, here it is some screenshots (in-editor) collected between June 24th and June 25th:

Notes: Detail of scenerization of EN7 road (for the route 9371 (local) loop (not a loop route, but makes that loop for servicing the community and an small hospital / Centro de Saúde) in Vila de Garanhos), 90% completed.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von O530 Carris PT () aus folgendem Grund: Added an additional picture;

• After a long pause, I returned to the map!
    - The scenerization of Vila de Garanhos town started today and is planned to be finished in July 4th-5th. The scenerization of Cruz de Ferro village is stated to start on July 7th or 8th;
    - Started also to build the complex of the small hospital / centro de saúde in Portuguese, and also were added fences (thanks bluescreen for the beautiful fence which came with Creative Streets spline package) to limit the zones which will be filled with trees or agricultural elements;
    - The HOF files for Mercedes-Benz O307 and O407 has already its terminii (but it still lacks its bus stops, which will be added later);
    - An issue with roundabouts were resolved with setting of traffic priority. And about roads, an section between Cruz de Ferro and Fresca do Norte will be modified to add a crossing.

• Here is an ABV News update of July 13th, 2016:
    - The scenerization of Cruz de Ferro started at July 10th, 2 days later than predicted, but is already 65% completed. The trees will be inserted still this week;
    - The scenerization of the zone between Cruz de Ferro and Fresca do Norte will be completed also in this week;
    - An pending modification of the streets of Fresca do Norte will be made on July 17th, to scenerize on July 21st. The reason to do that, has to give the map, a more realistic street design;
    - An optional AI-List is considered for Mercedes-Benz Citaro Ü and GÜ (I have the mods of Morphi and Arne J., finally! :D). So if you have these two buses, you will be able to have these on the map.
    Screenshots will be relased on July 21st, showing the state of the map development.

• These screenshots (in-editor), collected between July 13th and July 21st cover the construction between Vila de Garanhos (Centro de Saúde - Already completed, but without bus stops, which will be added later) and the construction between Cruz de Ferro (already completed, but without bus stops, which will be added later) and Fresca do Norte (started in July 18th to add buildings (thus beginning the construction): I liked the style of the DDR buildings of the Falkensee map part of the original Berlin-Spandau Map). Here are published 11 screenshots:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I used this OMSI original object (a War Memorial) in this map for the Memorial dos Veteranos da Guerra Colonial (Memorial of Portuguese Colonial War's Veterans).

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von O530 Carris PT () aus folgendem Grund: Screenshot replacement, more technical info on the screenshot publication;

• I'd recommend you to retexture some of the Objects you're using.
    For example the war memorial should rather be saying something in portugese as in german.

I know that it may be difficult sometimes, but you should at least try

:)
  • I'd recommend you to retexture some of the Objects you're using.
    For example the war memorial should rather be saying something in portugese as in german.

I know that it may be difficult sometimes, but you should at least try

I took your recommendation of retexturing the war memorial. Has now inscriptions in Portuguese, as seen on the screenshot below:

(it says: Em memória daqueles que lutaram involuntariamente nas Ex-Colónias Portuguesas: em Angola, Moçambique e Guiné (In Memory of whose which fought involutarily in the Portugal's Former Colonies: in Angola, Mozambique and Guinea (-Bissau)).

Thanks for your recommendation. Yesterday was too tired, but now I am (and the map construction is) back on track again.

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von O530 Carris PT () aus folgendem Grund: Changes (Retextured memorial): Read statement below

• Here is an statement on the war memorial:
    The war memorial was initially stated to be a clean-sheet object/model, but with the successful testings on retexture (using Paint.net) of some of the original OMSI objects, notabily some supermarkets (obviously duplicated for not changing the original ones), I decided to take the maxdausd recommendation on the Colonial War memorial, and it was retextured, as seen on the post above this one.
    I apologize for any unavoidable problems or confusion about this issue and thank you for your patience.

Now, an news update on the construction of the map:
    - The construction continues in the town Fresca do Norte, almost 80% of the scenerization (Phase I) is completed. An fort was also constructed on this zone, the Forte de Fresca, an medieval fort (used by the Catholic Church), reconstructed after the Great Lisbon Earthquake of November 1st, 1755 and part of the networks of the Monumento Nacional (National Monument) since the 1990s. The scenerization (phase I, still having to add the bus stops and lights, traffic lights/signs) of this zone will be finished on July 24th-25th;
    - Started to use more diversed buildings in this zone, aswell created an proper urban 11m spline for this map, based on the standard Seeburger Str., but using different textures;
    - The scenerization of the zone between Fresca do Norte and Porto da Boa Viagem, ending the phase I of the scenerization of the part of the line/route 9371, will start on July 27th-28th. More screenshots will be published on July 29th.
    - The name of the company of map changed once again: services continue to be operated in behalf of the CP Caminhos de Ferro Portugueses, but will be operated in franchise by MTB Boa Viagem, S.A. (using buses (or no) with the CP logo placed instead of the MTB one - MTB means Meios de Transporte Boa Viagem). An logo of the company will be announced later.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von O530 Carris PT () aus folgendem Grund: Added a news update; See text for details

• i'm glad you could be able to make use of my recommendations
    i wish you all the very best for your project

^^

Boa sorte

Obrigado and I hope you enjoy it when an RTW (Release to Web) is released (this map will be a rolling release: when released, this map will have continuous updates (or Service Packs (SP1, SP2 and so on) :D), thus a final version would be impossible).

• These screenshots (in-editor), collected between July 27 and July 28th (released these day, 1 day before predicted: July 29th) cover the construction between Cruz de Ferro and Fresca do Norte (both completed, but reworked), aswell the starting of scenerization of the section between Fresca do Norte and Porto da Boa Viagem.
    The objects were provided by:
    - Waldheini12 (Ettbruck): the fort objects;
    - 3D Transport Studio: the road parapet (the same used on Great Grundorf v2, other map which I will require being installed for this map);
    - Steven1996: some of the objects used in these sections.
    The grass texture were provided by Routeres and G.Gabe (from the Börzsöny-Fictional - one of the things I liked on that map).
    Important Warning: If for some reason, I violated some copyright term or object non-allowance, please ask me for removing an specific object. Collaboration will be appreciated.

Now the screenshots (more, in game with a bus will come tomorrow):

More screenshots, this time on a Setra S319UL bus (sorry for being quite repetitive: this section was either reconstructed or received an new spline made, as said on a previous post):

Pormenor of the retextured war memorial:

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von O530 Carris PT () aus folgendem Grund: More detailed info; Corrected informations on 1st credits (more will be announced on the Articles of the Build)

• The name of the company of map changed once again: services continue to be operated in behalf of the CP Caminhos de Ferro Portugueses, but will be operated in franchise by MTB Boa Viagem, S.A...

As promised, here it is the logo of the MTB Boa Viagem, S.A., a company of the fictional transportation conglomerate Kaede Diclonius Corporation:

History of MTB Boa Viagem:

Since 1946 the CP (Caminhos de Ferro Portugueses) operated bus services in this area for connecting the important railiroad services of Estação Central in Vila Franca to another railiroad stations located up to 50 km further of the station, due to the deactivation of the section between Vila de Frades and Vila Franca, mostly because of the temporary, but later definitive diversion of the West Line after an massive flooding which occurred in the area in 1945. Since then, the buses operated in that section, aswell the CP added another connections to zones nearby or on East Line and points also nearby or on North Line in 1950s and 1960s, since the population on these new sections started to increase and the demand for transportation also increased substantially.
    In 1975, after the nationalizations, these services were officialized and given the numbers of 9371, 9372, 9373 and 9374, for an easier way to identify these services. In 1990s, these services were outsourced to a new company with the name of MTB (Meios de Transporte) Boa Viagem S.A., which operated these services in behalf of CP in franchising mode, using an large ammount of buses with the CP logotype (but also others with the MTB logo placed). CP still has a stake of 5% on the company, despite of the changes occurred in 1993.
    In 1996, the transportation conglomerate Kaede Diclonius Corporation purchased 95% of the company, making the conglomerate the current
    de facto owner of the company, maintaining the bus operations in behalf of CP by franchising, aswell the participation (as said before, of 5%) and the funding from CP and the municipalities, and more importantly, in one version of MTB logo, an smaller CP logo is placed on the top right, behind the MTB logo, paying tribute to the original company.

Other news:

- Started today the scenerization of the section of Fresca do Norte and Porto da Boa Viagem, with the adding of the trees. This section is planned to be concluded in August 6th. In August 7th is planned to start the scenerization of the last section of the route 9371 and 9371S, the terminus zone of Porto da Boa Viagem, with August 8th being the day of adding traffic lights between Cruz de Ferro and Vila de Garanhos, aswell the beginning of inserction the bus stops and creation of the Station Links for these two routes. In August 10th-13th, I'll gonna create some road signs. The route 9372 scenerization starts August 15th.
    - Today was also defined the scheme of operation of the local, express and 9371S Skip-Stop line, and will be:
    + Local lines (9371, 9372, 9373, 9374): these lines operate daily, with the 9372 operating 24 hours a day. The 24h service for 9373 will be considered;
    + Express lines (9372X, 9373X, 9374X): these lines operate only in the rush hours of the weekdays, except public holidays, which don't operate;
    + 9371S Skip-Stop: this line operates only on rush hours of the weekdays, on the peak direction (in AM peak operate between Porto da Boa Viagem and Vila Franca, in PM peak operate between Vila Franca and Porto da Boa Viagem) - which will include deadheadings, I still don't know which will be possible using the Station Links fuction on OMSI 2, but I gonna say that can be made in that method.
    - The map will be set in the years of 1996 and 2012. An Chronology between these years will be added on version 1.1C (build 1101), to showcase the fleet changes in the lines.

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von O530 Carris PT () aus folgendem Grund: Added corrections; Delayed dates due to Win10 Anniversary Update

• - Started today the scenerization of the section of Fresca do Norte and Porto da Boa Viagem, with the adding of the trees. This section is planned to be concluded in August 6th. In August 7th is planned to start the scenerization of the last section of the route 9371 and 9371S, the terminus zone of Porto da Boa Viagem, with August 8th being the day of adding traffic lights between Cruz de Ferro and Vila de Garanhos, aswell the beginning of inserction the bus stops and creation of the Station Links for these two routes. In August 10th-13th, I'll gonna create some road signs. The route 9372 scenerization starts August 15th.

Due to issues on Windows 10 Anniversary Update (and posterious rollback to version 1511, thus postponing (to either November, December or January), not cancelling the deployment of the update - sorry for a bit of OT), the scenerization process of the 9371, part 1, will be completed on August 8th, with the starting of the adding of the bus stops of the line 9371 and 9371S on August 9th and the insertion of traffic lights on the intersection of EN119-3 and EN7-1, will be also on August 9th. Traffic signals are already be modelled (in Blender) and will be first deployed on August 14th and 15th. The scenerization of route 9372 will start on August 16th.

Thank you for reading this special Alto da Boa Viagem News Bulletin. I apologize for any inconvenience caused. More informations and screenshots will be published on August 8th (if not more later).

• These screenshots (in-editor), collected in August 9th cover the construction between Fresca do Norte (completed) and the Porto da Boa Viagem, thus terminating the 9371 substage of the 1st stage of scenerization of the map. The process will now turn to Blender for creating some road signals (others will be modified). Note: I decided to change again the grass texture to another one that felt more adequated to the zone in question.

Here is the piers of the Porto da Boa Viagem, an bulk port with storage compartments:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information: This screenshots were taken in-editor, while editing the map. Another section, in-game will be released later.

• Dont let the objects and spline constraints make your map look less original,look at me,i made Dalmacija Fictional and am currently making Starigrad,which are both set in the seaside mediterranean part of Croatia,and i think there is nothing even remotely german about the maps.
    I used sketchup to convert some objects,maybe 20 or so,but i think vegetation helps a lot,for example Nature by Moskur pack has a lot of mediterranean pine trees,and at most retexturing wont help as the architecture style varies over geographical areas (i dont know how it is in Portugal but its for sure not grey as in Germany or Poland for example).
    If you need help with advice contact me or check out the pictures of my map

• Dont let the objects and spline constraints make your map look less original,look at me,i made Dalmacija Fictional and am currently making Starigrad,which are both set in the seaside mediterranean part of Croatia,and i think there is nothing even remotely german about the maps.
    I used sketchup to convert some objects,maybe 20 or so,but i think vegetation helps a lot,for example Nature by Moskur pack has a lot of mediterranean pine trees,and at most retexturing wont help as the architecture style varies over geographical areas (i dont know how it is in Portugal but its for sure not grey as in Germany or Poland for example).
    If you need help with advice contact me or check out the pictures of my map

Ok. I've seen (and used) some of the Moskur trees, and I'm planning to use them on the routes 9372 and 9373 sections, which will be the next, and I'm using Blender for making some road signals, but I think that is going also to be used for modelling/converting some buidings. This map was officially to be a hybrid of Portuguese, German and Polish aspects of the rural bus service (like Great Grundorf 2 is for urban/suburban: is a hybrid of German, British and Hong Kong aspects).
    However, I think that I going to take your recommendation for advice and for checking some pictures of your map (aswell making a run on Dalmacija to see how the map is).

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von O530 Carris PT () aus folgendem Grund: Wrong subject, oops! (Windows Update was occurring)