Volvo Project Budapest - 2018.09.22 // Future of the project

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Good day and happy easter to you all!

After years of hard work, the team concluded, that we should make this one a payware addon.

But after doing some market research, we found out that no one would really appreciate a good Volvo for OMSI.

So, without further ado, let me introduce you all to our new project:

A Citaro C2

But Skinner, others are already making that bus?

Yees, yes, but this one will be different. Trust me! You see, every C2 released so far has the Mercedes dashboard. But as you may know, many OMSI users find that annoying and difficult to use. So, as a world first, we're bringing you:

VDV dash

No more difficulty in finding the switch you need, because it will be just like in all the other 99 OMSI buses

:thumbsup:

Okay, but what now with the Volvo?

Good question. We're selling the 3D models on turbosquid, and from the money we get, we'll travel to German bus depots to convince them to change all of their C2s dashboards to VDV, so it'll match our addon.

Okay, i'm hyped. When will it be released?

Due to the level of realism we're trying to hit with this one, it will take a year or two to finish just the magnificent VDV dash. As OMSI does not allow to simulate all the features, we're probably looking at a year 2032 release, for LOTUS 2 of course.

How is progress? Any pictures?

Yes, actually in the past 3 months we managed to get some parts ready. Unfortunately, Mercedes did not see the great opportunity in providing us a license, so we had to make some changes to the logos. But it looks even better, if you ask me.

• We will appreciate a good Volvo those of us outside of Germany as we have countless Citaros, MAN, Ikarus and all sorts. Im not modelling much currently but I liked the Volvo. Such a shame good projects get changed to meet the supposed needs of others and we end up with numerous repeats.

• [EN] Haha, you nearly got me there for a moment! Then I remembered the date

:D

[DE] Haha, du hast mich fast für einen Moment dorthin gebracht! Dann erinnerte ich mich an das Datum

:D
  • Skinner_11

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Volvo Project Budapest - 2018.05.03 // VDO Dashboard“ zu „Volvo Project Budapest - 2018.09.22 // Future of the project“ geändert.
  • User23392

Hat das Thema geschlossen