[OMSI 2] From India to China via Nathula Pass

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Type of project: map (real)

Name of project: Originally was Gorubathan-Nathula, but the idea has developed in my mind so far, that it is no longer accurate. :D
    Involved persons: Me.

Details: (Short description, e.g. way of bus lines, functionality of mods etc.) A month ago, I spent an hour on writing a description here (was trying to start a new thread like I am now), but ... it didn't have a happy end - it displayed an error message and that was it, and I lost all the text, huh! :wacko: So this time, I will keep it short.
    Basically, on this map, you can see the part of the route, that I have got completely finished so far. It starts from the village of Mal Bazar at around 250-300 m above sea level, goes through Damdim, Gorubathan, then climbs all the way up to the village of Lava (at ~2050 m), through the highest point at ~2230 m and then goes down to Algarah, where it turns right (northeast) and through Pedong it descends back down. My progress is here. 90 km in total so far, completely finished road.
    I did it, because this is the type of road, that I prefer most. :thumbsup::thumbup: I know, for some people 90 km in OMSI just might sound a little wild and even crazy, but I know very well what's my target and this is only the first stage. The main and most important part of the map is still to come. If you like, have a ride and share your opinion. :)

The map does not have any Station Links or lines for now, because it is too far away from being completed.

Copyright: (Do you allow users to modify particular objects and upload them?) - Yes, if you want.

Objects from other maps: A high-voltage power line, a billboard and another couple of objects from this map.

A bus-stop shelter and sign from this map.

Pictures/videos: (self explaining)
    I'm tired right now and there are quite a few pics of the map here. They are mixed with other photos, but if you scroll a bit, you will find them. Tomorrow, I may borrow the links from photobucket and paste them here (which will take me an hour or even more...)

I can't seem to be able to get the links properly and in the Preview they appear as broken image icons. So, I will provide two links to the first of 2 series of images, that are related to this map. First serie consist of 5 pics, the second consists of many images. When you click on those two links, just click right arrow in photobucket for next image.
    link 1
    link 2

Summary: This map is for all, who prefer such mountain maps like Glacier Express if I remember correctly the name. Good night! ;):sleeping:

Link to download

Concerning constructive feedback:

I am/We are receptive to every kind of constructive feedback. It must not hurt me/us and must not diminish my/our work.
    Please write your feedback to my/our work so, as to be

• precise and clear, thus not vague or emotional
    • analytical and rational, thus properly researched and convenient, not on impulse
    • solution-orientated, thus, if applicable, attached with counterproposals, consequences and implications.

Since I am/we are glad about any kind of compliment of my/our work, a balanced ratio of positive and negative feedback is greatly appreciated.

• This map has no target file

Hello! To be honest, I don't know what a target file is, how it looks like, what is it's purpose...

:rolleyes:

I guess it is related to bus routes, passengers, .hof files - all related to transporting people along a bus line. As I have said, I haven't made any Station Links, bus routes, .hof files, etc., because I have to first - complete the map, second - learn how to make them (watch the tutorial videos on youtube

:D

). Is there a problem starting the map? It will be a pleasure for me to help you if needed

:!:

:)

;)

• Hello! To be honest, I don't know what a target file is, how it looks like, what is it's purpose...

I guess it is related to bus routes, passengers, .hof files - all related to transporting people along a bus line. As I have said, I haven't made any Station Links, bus routes, .hof files, etc., because I have to first - complete the map, second - learn how to make them (watch the tutorial videos on youtube

). Is there a problem starting the map? It will be a pleasure for me to help you if needed

:!:

;)

ah, ok, the map is not finished yet?

• When finished, the bus line will probably have two roundtrips per day.
    A problem:No filling stations-I have my fuel tank almost emptied by the end of the map.

• The map is far away from being finished. New versions are still to come, which are going to include new sections of the route in northeastern diretion. There is still a long way to go before making Station Links, Bus lines, etc.
    About the objects. At first, I thought, that putting objects of fewer types (4-5 types of buildings, 3-4 types of trees...) will make the map "lighter", with higher FPS. It turns out, that the number of objects is more important, than the number of types of objects. So, using true buildings, trees from India would be a great idea. But... I go to work every business day. So, my free time is a bit too limited to allow me to concentrate on making objects from India and China and making the map itself is time-consuming, unfortunately.

:(

To me, the map, as it is right now, looks good, can be way better, but...
    What I can assure you is that the terrain and the route are exactly as they are in the real world. That's because I used DllImport for the terrain, taking data from here. OMSI 2 does not allow me to place any objects more than 1000 metres above sea level, so I made a little tool to offset this whole terrain down by 3400 metres. So, this problem is fixed. Also, in the editor, I put satellite images from Google and this way I am able to put a house exactly where it actually is, make the road exactly as it is, etc... So, about the road and terrain, I 100% guarantee, that this place along the route, and the road itself really exist in India with exactly the same number of turns.

There is a way the map can be made to look more like India (for now, I plan to include China, when I get to the border up in the mountains), but for this, I need some support. There is no street view from there, so we can rely on pics from google only. There are some pics, actually. If someone is able to make a couple of objects from the route for OMSI, I can quickly put them in the map in place of the german ones.

About the fuel station - here is the actual fuel station. So, it is in it's correct place on the map. The terminus of the route is just after it, so turn round and you get the opportunity to fuel right at the beginning of the route. There are fuel stations along the way to China, I believe, so I plan to put fuel stations only where there is actually one. If the distance between two specific ones is too big, I can put a fuel station in the middle, but I will think about that when I finish the route.
    edit: Your bus is really proving to be fuel-consuming. Along the exact same route, with this Ikarus 280.26, I fuel in Mal Bazar, go up to Algarah and then back to Mal Bazar, and in the end, I still have some 30-40% fuel.

• I know this map is incomplete, but driveable, now there's no .hof file. I wanted to try the map, but I'm not sure if there's a entrypoint after reading @Der Zocker's post

:S

Another thing: which bus would you recommend to drive when the map is more complete?

• Zitat

edit: Your bus is really proving to be fuel-consuming. Along the exact same route, with this Ikarus 280.26, I fuel in Mal Bazar, go up to Algarah and then back to Mal Bazar, and in the end, I still have some 30-40% fuel.

I have tried MB Citaro Euro 6 from Drei Generationen Addon. I do not recommend any low floor buses for this map. Ikarus 280 apparently consumes less fuel(I am trying the whole route with 280.03 now).

• I have tried MB Citaro Euro 6 from Drei Generationen Addon. I do not recommend any low floor buses for this map. Ikarus 280 apparently consumes less fuel(I am trying the whole route with 280.03 now).

Me too!

Zitat von Filipe.PT1726

I know this map is incomplete, but driveable, now there's no .hof file. I wanted to try the map, but I'm not sure if there's a entrypoint after reading @Der Zocker's post

:S

Another thing: which bus would you recommend to drive when the map is more complete?

I decided to leave an entrypoint as sort of a hook next to every couple of busstops with a thought for the future. When I reach the moment to make .hof files, routes, it will be easier I guess to make Station Links, route, etc. by going from one entrypoint to the other. So, actually, as far as I can remember, there are approx. 15-16 entrypoints right now.

Try placing a bus and you should get the list of available entrypoints full of entries. If it's empty, then there is a problem loading the map.
    I recommend the bus to which I have given a link in my previous post - Ikarus 280.26. Mostly because of two reasons:
    1. I don't like automatic transmission vehicles in general
    2. I like buses from the 20-th century
    3. Ikarus is my favourite

:thumbsup:

I actually modified the gearbox of this Ikarus a bit, because I didn't like how the original one behaves on those 13% hills. Now it isn't way better, but there is a slight difference in performance in my opinion. You can test it.

To do it, overwrite the contents of ...OMSI 2\Vehicles\IKARUS 280.26\Script\antrieb_constfile.txt. Open it in a text editor, put this code and save:

You will have to modify antrieb.osc (in the same folder) for the new gears to work:

• This is my gearbox:

Zitat

I don't like automatic transmission vehicles in general

It works pretty well according to my experiment in the map, at least with a ZF Ecomat 1 4-speed.

• Hello,

I like the idea of this project.
    So we could test engines to its extremes.

However, I cannot get it to work, since I have holes in the map.
    So I have checked the log-file and found one error (and the only map-related error):

Code
    1. Warning: Szenerieobjekt wurde nicht gefunden: Sceneryobjects\UK Bus Stop\Busstop_Name_Timetable_1.sco, falls es sich um eine Addon-Karte handelt, lesen Sie bitte die Dokumentation und kontaktieren Sie ggf. den Autor. Falls es sich um eine originale Karte handelt (Spandau oder Grundorf), reparieren Sie bitte OMSI mittels Original-Setup.

After searching a while, I found that this objects came wih some british-maps.
    I even found the missing stuff directly, but all the british sites wants a user-registration, to be able to download the stuff.(Maybe a "BREXIT"-thing....)

The question is, is there any map available, where this objects are used/bundled...and no registration is required ?
    Or...from where do you have this objects downloaded ? (UK Bus Stop)

• Hi. This is the first time I take a look at the topic about my OMSI 2 project since Christmas. And I am happy to see more comments and feedback from you. This means, that I am not the only person in the world interested in this map.

:thumbup:

Now, let me respond to the last couple of posts:

Round trip times:
    Mal Bazaar-Dam dim and back: 2 x 20' + 5' slack = 45'
    Mal Bazaar-Rongli and back: 2 x 8h + 2 x 30' slack = 17h

I had not driven on my map for about a month up until last night, so I haven't experimented on how long would it take me from one point to the other. You give me interesting info to compare to.

Btw: Did you mean, that you have driven from Mal Bazar to Pedong, actually? Because, in the version that I have uploaded to mediafire so far, it ends here? Maybe you have made some changes to it in the Editor for yourself?
    I mean, I have been working on it and so far, I have it completed up until this point. I have less than 1 kilometre to the 'border' between two of the Indian states. And still, I have 22 kilometres to create in order to reach Rongli.

:wacko:

But I am patient enough and I keep going forward.

;)

Actually, all the map so far is within the state of West Bengal. If you look at the map, you will see, that after 1 kilometre, I'm going to enter the state of Sikkim, where the most interesting and important part of the map will be.
    I plan to make sort of a checkpoint with a house and a barrier, because I saw, that there is one in the real world at that place.

The busstop shelters and busstop signs are from this map. I have included all the .sco and .sli files, that I believe are not among the German ones, which are built-in the game itself. There is one folder called Sceneryobjects for the .sco files and another folder, called Splines, where there is actually one spline. I suppose you have copied the contents of all folders within the archive you have downloaded from the link in the first post here, but if you still have a problem, try to create the folder UK Bus Stop within Sceneryobjects folder and copy Busstop_Name_Timetable_1.sco from the archive you've downloaded to this folder. You can do this for all errors which are similar to the one you have shown.

edit: How stupid am I...

:thumbdown:

I have forgotten to put those folders in the archive!

I will do it now. Just wait couple of minutes.
    edit2: Here is a link to version 1.9.1, which is a fix - in 1.9 I have forgotten to include the custom objects. There are two texture files in Texture folder as well. I have created a new archive, which includes the progress, that I have so far on the map.
    edit3: After downloading this fix, you should be able to see where are the busstops, actually.

Also, to avoid putting too many trees, I decided to use a 'forest' texture to simulate the forest in the distance. There are trees only up to 100 meters away from the road. It would be great to be able to use the Google Satellite images as texture, but I haven't found a way to do it.

:thumbdown:

I can only display them within the Editor, but not in game mode.
    edit4: At the very end of the road in this version, you can see how the road is 10 meters above the ground - there I plan to make a bridge with the wall spline, that I use in those steep, mountain sections. At the end of that bridge (there is the border line between the states of West Bengal and Sikkim), I plan to put the checkpoint. We will see what it will look like, I am interested as well.
    For those, who are curious - in this version, the completed part of the route is 99 km long. At the checkpoint it will be 100 km exactly, according to this measuring service.

China'...I think you can add more objects reality.To be honest,I want to know where are you come from?The India maybe up and down mountains I think(terrain). The most popular need to finish colorful styles!

8)

I said it in a previous post. I don't have enough free time. At first, I have to learn how to make objects for the game, which I guess will be a time-consuming process as well. Otherwise, I could make objects as well - it means Indian and Chinese buildings and thus make the map look more realistic. If you have time, you could make a building for me and I will include it in the map in place of a German one.

I am from... Bulgaria actually.

:P

Here we don't have such great mountain roads, that I have always loved to drive and travel on. That is my main inspiration to make a map. I don't believe I will ever have the opportunity ti visit the real-world area of the map in India and China, so at least I could drive there within OMSI 2, which is not a very bad alternative.

edit5: The bridge made out of a spline

• Zitat

The busstop shelters and busstop signs are from this map.....

Thanks for the feedback.

In the meantime, I have used a temp. solution, which can bee seen as a very dirty hack:
    I created the needed UK-folder and copied an east-german(standard install stuff) into this folder an renamed it to the UK-object-name.
    Again, that's dirty hack, but using this workaround, I was able to drive the map from start to end....which took a "while"...

:sleeping:

For the strange textures, I have used standard-ones.

However, I see that you have updatd the map, so I will download it and again and will report how things are going.

• I use MediaFire as sort of a backup service. So, this is my next backup of the progress on the map. It includes the first 1.5 km of the route within the state of Sikkim. This makes a total of 101.5 km. I went crazy tonight and decided to make a ski jumping hill.

:P

8)

If you want, you can go visit it by using the entrypoint named "Ski Jumping".
    It is version 2.0

• Hi, I am fond of your map and it is a good time killer, mai I ask u a question is when will the map link to Tibet, because I am a Chinese and I can't wait to play thatt !
    Why don't u made a Left hand traffic, India is lht not yet