Why does it take time

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hey!
    I have noticed that since about a little more than half a year back, it takes such time for the main program to boot.
    A year ago, it took about 20 seconds to start the program. Now, however, it takes up to a minute before the program starts.
    It can not depend on my computer, because I have twice installed on the computer because of this. So I'm a little curious if anything has changed behind the scenes that I do not know about?
    Grateful for answers.

Sincerely OMSI fanatic Daniel

:P
  • Hello to Sweden!

I´m not an expert in OMSI ( in English too

:D

), but I think, when you´ve more objects in your OMSI folder, you have to wait longer. You mean the time to open OMSI or to load a map?

Greetings

fipe.pipe

• Open OMSI.

I wrote wrong before. The real should be that it will take over 2 minutes and 15 seconds before the start OMSI ...
    Thought at first it might have with the internet connection to make ...

• May i ask a few questions:
    which Payware Add-ons are installed? Is the MAN Citybusseries, Gladbeck or Wien installed on your Computer? whats the speed of your internet connection?
    I think loading the internettxtures on startup is the problem. even though i limit myself to roughly 1-2 Megabyte per Download, other Add-ons may load big textures from the internet on startup which may cause a long loading screen in combination with a missing or slow internet connection.
    A logfile from the startup would help us all too investigate your problem.

;)
  • I have 6-8 Mbps in the Internet. I did not know that downloading textures. I thought I was already on the hard drive.
    To see the log file when I start OMSI and then select the map Grundorf. See below

• hmn - no internettextures are loaded in your installation. OMSi just takes ages to load - i don't know whats the problem here. maybe it is , as already mentioned, related to your big OMSI folder - OMSI is checks all directories on startup for Maps - this may take a while considering the fact that you have a 130 GB big Folder.

• Ist denn nicht das Problem was schon mal erklärt wurde?:

Scheinbar verwendet irgendein Objekt die Werbung des Wien-Addons, daher der Zugriffsversuch auf die Webadresse mit den Werbungen. Hast du auch die Tankstellen-Objekte vom CMCV im Einsatz?

Wenn ja: prüf doch mal im Fonts-Ordner, ob dort der "Tankstellenfont" vorhanden ist (ist mehrere MB groß). Lösch diesen dann mal und versuche es erneut.

Denn das Problem mit dem ellenlangen Laden hatte ich auch, der übergroße Font war dann der Problemverursacher.

Denn ich hatte das auch mal. Und nach löschen diesem Font ist es weg.

• Die Ladezeiten verteilen sich aber grob über alle Bereiche, nicht nur beim Initialisieren der Fonts.

• Hi all, seeing as the guy wrote in English, I think it would be polite to point out his replies would prefer to be in English to, after all it is polite to be helpful.

I was waiting for someone to highlight this issue as I have the same problem and I noticed it since OMSI 2s release back in 2013. IT does not matter how many mods, payware, freeware, shareware and everywhere you have installed

:wacko:

It's the base .exe itself connected to STEAM, when you compare other applications they're tied to STEAM in some way, but OMSI 2 is still in the same structure as OMSI 1 and OMSI 1 opens up instantly, same way another game in STEAM does. I just think that the STEAM application towards OMSI 2 isn't as connected well enough like others. I'll say if you can open TS2017 in a heartbeat and that has a ton of DLCs then it's nothing to do with how much content you have.

That sounds really far fetched, and again questioning someones content isn't fair either, the amount you have shouldn't dictate OMSIs initial boot.

:S
  • well, omsi needs to parse all folders and it is looking for files which are loadable from the engine. it somehow needs to check the mapfolders, otherwise you cannot add new content. its the same for ticketpacks, hof-files, Textures, Vehicles and more. omsi isn't checking the mainfolders only, its parsing the whole /OMSI/ folder for Content. You can even add new folders inside of the OMSI main directory to add your content - you do not need to use the already existing folders. Now imagine it has to parse through thousand of folders, images, configs , objects and splines - this will take a while. Getting around that limitation would need to create an index on first startup, so new content wouldn't be recognized until you recreate the index file.
    So, to sum tihs up: if you have a lot of files, you cannot get around long loading times on startup.

• Thanks for any help. I have cleared out about 27 GB and OMSI start a little faster. Not much, but some. Steam also seems to affect the start time, so when I turn off internet connection so it is even better.

:)
  • Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 182 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 10
    Maximale Dateigröße: 100 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: pdf, txt