Modification packs by RATTI [18.3.2018 - VDL Citea Modpack for (VDL Ambassador 200)]

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • .............................................................................................................
    .............................................................................................................

Type of project(s):Various bus modifications

Welcome to my modification page for Omsi.
    Here you can find some of my work lingering around the web.
    My work primarily consists of bus sound & script modifications currently but other stuff is planned.

Involved persons: RATTI (HJALMAR)
    Involved indirectly: Pike, Badger, Morphi, Nalle ®, Public Transport Enthusiast FIN, Nikke & Various transport companies

Details: "Capturing the commercial vehicle X-Factor." - The purpose of my work is to capture the fine details in bus driving experiences.

Copyright: I do not allow my work to be used in third party downloads by default.
    However I do usually allow such uses after inquiry. If you are a bus developer for Omsi, I also offer detailed curtailment for mods.

YouTube:
    .............................................................................................................

Notice:

• Currently I do not take in request or special wishes since I have too many projects ongoing at the moment.
    • I am bilingual but German is not a language that I am fluent in, therefore I would ask you to use English when commenting or referring to me directly.

Concerning feedback & criticism:

I wholeheartedly welcome all appropriate & constructive criticism no matter the subject as long as its referring to my work displayed here.
    You can choose to post negative criticism as well as long as its appropriate and constructive and bears true meaning to the quality of my work.
    Inappropriate or vile thoughts or opinions will be dismissed and they won't have an effect on my work.

Planned modifications:

• ZF Ecolife version for Citea Pack
    • Update and reupload of the Scania Citywide Bioethanol pack
    • AI- sounds overhaul
    • Mercedes-Benz O530 2nd generation sound pack (sometime in the future when time is not of essence)
      Transport company denied access to their depots making material gathering impossible.

-> Downloads <-
    VDL Citea Pack for (VDL Ambassador 200) v0.8 Open Beta! Exterior Sounds Included

Solaris BVG DAF PACCAR ZF Pack v2.52

Tampere City transport livery for the Scania Citywide GN14

• This Soundmod is really amazing! I think, I will drive the Solaris more often now!

I have one tip for you: I had a lot of crackling while increasing RPM. This is a problem especially of the base-sounds. Bit it is easy to avoid by starting and ending the different loopsounds not at volume 0.0 but 0.01 because the crackles appear when OMSI is starting a new loopsound at 0. I changed it and it works, no crackles anymore

:-)

Amazing work, keep it on!
    Perotin

• Thank you for your input and sorry for the late reply.

The crackling is pretty unavoidable at some cases since there are so many sound samples. The alternative would be to cut the amount of engine rev samples but I feel like that would be detrimental for the experience since it would make it less lively. And also I will test out the volcurve 0.1 start. But if so the samples will play along the entire rev range.

:)

More of my sounds are coming in the future in the Ikarus 395 (E95) Scania.

• Mm I guess I should try this again but the issue is that the many samples that I've used complicates things usually. I found out this when I tried the same with some 12 liter Volvo samples a year ago. But thanks for the tip sharing. I don't usually get that many.

• Citea open beta sounds added. V.0.45 currently has no exterior sounds but otherwise they work.

EDIT: If anyone knows how to fix the respawning of the bus with an empty tank hit me via PM.

• First of all really nice sounds. Thank you for that.

Do you may have a video link for a citea with this sound in real life?-I don't know if you have maybe other gearboxes at your home company as me.

Thank you. I try to make my work in such a way that the audio experience is easy on the ears and immersive no matter what the subject is. The bus that I used for sounds is an euro 6 Citea LLE-120 with a Cummins ISBe 255 with a ZF Ecolife 6AP1000B. I used an older Volvo B7RLE recording to get the Voith sounds which are modular in the mod (not mixed into the engine, they are separate). The Voith in question in the Volvo was a Diwa 854.5.

The bus that donated the engine sounds: Fleet # 1544

Now the sister bus #1543 had an engine blow out just before we recorded our sounds. This might have something to do with the rough sounding nature of this series. Currently there isn't a good video of this bus in motion that would sound like the mod. However I imagine that it would be semi easy for me to hunt the bus down and record it in service if that is something you'd like to see.

• Thank you for information.

Now I have found videos of your Citeas in Finnland. For the later ZF sound it sounds great. I love for all the Bass which typicall for the VDL Citybusses. For the Voith sound it would be nice when you can make it in a more higher tone like in this video: Link The bus in the video is the same modell but I don't know if it's euro 6. I think it sounds for a voith as better as the ZF sound without the transmission howl. It's only a suggestion of mine, what you do is yours.

• Well the Citea in the video is an euro 5 EEV variant of the same engine. Also the whine that is present (other than the voith) is the steering servo pump most likely. This is absent from the euro 6 versions. And it is unlikely that I can get access to one of those since the depots in question are off limits to enthusiast such as me.