Comments on "HafenCity - Hamburg modern"

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • From my Steam review of the addon:
    Being a foreign fan of HVV and Hamburg in general, I really warmly welcome this new addon; the accuracy of the map is remarkable and the ability of having the old HH T&N routes ( 109 and 688 ) makes it even better.
    "Classic D. Bode no more, at least not that much" - I've always had something to say about the build quality of Bode's busses but I finally see a real step forward in quality, texture and model-wise. Sadly there's still some sounds that can clearly be heared looping and the LED display is, again, the same old OMSI 1 version which was built due to the simulator's limitations. The I-Shift gearbox is a bit harsh and not so smooth while shifting, but these are side notes (I guess) as you will be driving watching the road, and not the rev meter which is the only way to notice that. Overall the experience isn't affected by these "tell precisely-guy-annoyances".
    Do I suggest you to buy this addon? Sure do!

• I am not so sure about that. Take Morphi's ZF Ecomat script or the Voith DIWA (either Morphi's or the original thing shipped with the simulator); to have an harsh gearshift you really have to have a bad FPS rate (like 15~). It's obvious that in real life it's smooth, otherwise it would be a pain and I wouldn't expect those busses to be in service for much long.

I made that point because those little things, let's say "defects", date back to the release of the 3Gen addon, and maybe even to the release of the HH T&N addon (which I really haven't payed much attention to) and I would be even happier if they were not present. Same goes for the looooong time that it takes to rev the engine but, as I said, these are just sidenotes. The map is gorgeous (you don't see any building/object repetition), the bus well made and the whole real life (or close to real life) feel is present; we even have cyclists to shout at

:)
  • I do believe you, one of my everyday rides (no more) had quite an harsh shifting ZF

:)

And by harsh I mean real hits when upshifting

:D

But the example of Morphi's work was not to say that no bus in real life have a non-smooth shifting, but point out that it's not an FPS related thing- Plus, I was talking about the fact that (I don't remember in which gear) the rev stutters a little.
    Again, I want to stress the fact that I'm not blaming the developer; he had a quite huge workload so it's natural to use bits from older projects and/or not having covered every single thing precisely.

• I would love to see a true Volvo i-Shift implementation, i.e. one that skips gears like they do in real life. It's not unusual for a Volvo hybrid bus to only use four or five gears to accelerate from standstill to top speed.

Also, the Volvo hybrids (at least in Euro V / EEV form) have engines fitted with exhaust brakes, that are actuated when slowing down from high speed.

See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYI2GivCD1s

Furthermore, there is no sound from the releasing of the door interlock / "door brake" / "bus stop brake". On the real bus, there is such a sound.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the map and buses.

• Yes I'm sure, drove them quite a lot on the motorways as well. Never have heard such a sound to be honest.

:P

Our hybrids are limited to 80 km/h btw.

• I'll post here as the EN side is well...

I've been enjoying the addon no end since getting it last weekend, superb to finally have a complete map with a depot but a few of my peers aren't happy with the depot, seeing as Chicago depot was animated it would of been good to see this implemented in HafenCity. Also where is the depot fueling facilities and washer? Can't drive a bus all day on half a tank, hybrid or not!

I've had to add a fueling and washer object myself; for £14.99 id of expect that little tiny detail. Time constraints and all that I get it but still, the depots in OMSI maps seem to be a second guess, imo the routes should be built around or at least near with a depot in mind.

Still it's a great map, the buses though, I travel on B5LHs and these sound nothing of the sort. I am not sure if the 7900H differs from the DD chassis we have in London, but rest assured there is a proper B5LH being made. The I-Shift isn't as it should be, as we have one in OMSI already, a great mod by Krtz07 and Toastmeister. The Acceleration is terrible also but the cornering is a lot better since the Drei Generation. I tried the buses on a longer route in another map and driving at 40/50mph and 80mph I was 6 minutes late, compared to the C2 modded by Morphi.

I hope there's further improvements to the buses, as those not familiar would say they're great but as a Londoner with B5LHs as the backbone of London and Hybrid buses being implimented since 2006 or so these are a long way off from being true B5LHs

Keep up the good work but please do be truthful in the buses.

• Compared to our 7900LH the sound of the omsi version is quiet the same. The acceleration is as terrible as you describe. Since July (beginning of the service of our 7900LH) the buses on my line are always about 3 - 4 minutes late. When a Volvo is replaced by a Citaro 12m the buses running on time. The Volvo is in realife weaker then the Citaro so I isn't a surprise for me that you got a delay of 6 minutes.

But yes the I-Shift isn't as good as the original. Especially on the LH is the shifting process different. I'm missing the whole shifting process with the clutch - the solo 7900 has a better I-shift simulation.

Das ganze in deutsch: Für mich stimmt der Sound des 7900LH Gelenkbus in OMSI mit dem Vorbild überein, das ich kenne und bei mir fährt. Meiner Meinung nach ist die Beschleunigung in realen ebenfalls so schlecht, wie es LT586 beschreibt. Seit bei uns die Volvo Gelenker im Einsatz sind, sind auf meiner Linie die Kurse regelmässig 3 - 4 verspätet, wird ein Facelift Solo (oder C2G) eingesetzt, wird der Fahrplan gehalten. Für mich liegt es auch nahe, dass der Volvo in Realität das schwäre Fahrzeug (im Vergleich) zu einem C2 ist (4 Zylinder gegen 6 Zylinder und vom Hubraum sprechen wir garnicht erst).

Beim Verhalten des I-Shift Getriebe bin ich der gleichen Meinung wie LT586. Der markante Schaltvorgang mit dem automatisierten Schaltgetriebe kommt nicht herüber (es fehlt der Leistungsverlust beim schalten). Wobei der Gelenkbus hier extremer ist als der Solo. Gerade gestern wieder bin ich auf der 111 mit dem Solo Volvo gefahren und teilweise hat der geschalten, wie ich es vom Vorbild (als Gelenker) kenne.

• To the above, agreed, compard with a Citaro or Scania the Volvo has a smaller engine but if it had a BAE hybrid system it'd be on par with a standard diesel.

In the sim Its a lovely bus to drive just wish it was a little more responsive gear wise.

• People seem to forget two things when it comes to the Volvo hybrid bus concept.

Firstly, the gearbox is an automated constant mesh manual with three forward gears, high and low range and a split, making 12 possible forward ratios. This means that there's a conventional clutch involved as opposed to a fluid coupling and therefore there will be breaks in tractive torque during gear changes, giving the impression of slower acceleration.

Secondly, the hybrid powertrain consists of either a 4.7 or 5.1-litre diesel engine (D5F215 or D5K240) coupled with the i-SAM electric motor in parallel as opposed to in series, meaning that either or both motors can directly power the driving axle at any given time. After the first gear change or when the battery charge is low, both motors power the driving axle, giving high combined output figures equivalent to that of a regular diesel-only bus.

• And all of the above is not the representation here is simply what I was pointing out but nevertheless it's an enjoyable addon all the same. I do get the Volvo concept as I've said above they have been in service with London for many years since Hybrids were coming into play. So true you're technical response is highlighting the real thing but when London surfaces you'll see what I mean.

• LT586, I disagree with what you say about how its doesnt feel like the B5LH. I drive the real B5LH Hybrids at Arriva North West (62/13 plate), and have driven the newer 66/17 plate ones too. I drive them most days. This feels spot on! If anything I would say compared to a B5LH, its too quick. The B5LHs we drive are quite slow, due to tired batteries which are due to be replaced, however the newer ones with fresh batteries feel just like this. I have been on these in Hamburg too a few months back, and I can't really fault it. I agree as said above the 'looping' sounds are a bit disappointing but the performance is brilliant. When you floor it the gears skip, the electric mode cuts in at most stops, and as the batteries lose power and the guage gets lower, the performance is affected - the bus gets slower pulling away. Its difficult to keep to time in these Hybrids in reality because they're not very quick buses. Its about as smooth as a real one- ours are really clunky now and are due clutch replacements (they have nearly 300,000m on the clock) and having driven the UK equivalant of this bus, I have to say its pretty damn accurate!

Regarding the route, I went to Hamburg earlier in the year, and rode the 109 route. I also got on the tour bus, 'The red doubledecker'. I was quite shocked driving the 6 and 111 in OMSI when I started recognising areas of Hamburg I had already been to in reality! An excellent level of detail, and unlike other maps on my aging computer, I get excellent FPS which I wasn't expecting!

Would I recommend the map? Yes, to anybody.