Manual transmission bus as AI traffic

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hello! I'm making a map that has a coach bus line and because the map is in the 1990s I don't want a Volvo 9900 to drive there.

:P

So I discovered the bus called Ikarus EAG 395/E95 (some of you might know it) and that's perfect for my map but when I set it as the AI bus everything works just fine but it won't drive. I can see the bus in my map and it's working fine except it doesn't drive. I've discovered the same problem with other manual transmission buses (that they don't drive as AI).
    I really want to have this bus on my map so is there a workaround to get it working or are there other 1990s coach buses that are good? I think this is something to do with the OMSI 2s weird programming.

:S

Thanks in advance!
    Best regards

• Probably easiest workaround that comes to mind is automated transmission for AI. Either something along the lines that "if AI then automated transmission else manual" or just create separate .bus file and link the standalone automat script there.

• Probably easiest workaround that comes to mind is automated transmission for AI. Either something along the lines that "if AI then automated transmission else manual" or just create separate .bus file and link the standalone automat script there.

Thanks for your suggestions. I actually have one manual transmission bus that works with AI well. It's called Alpus 260S and now I'm trying to find out if I can use the scripts from that bus with the one that doesn't work. I'll report back later.

:)

EDIT: It's almost perfect now! I copied the three AI files (AI varlist, AI constfile, main AI) from the Alpus 260S script folder to the Ikarus script folder and it works! I'm very happy now.

:D

There's only one a bit annoying thing which is when I change into that bus from the menu the bus stops driving immediately but luckily that's not a huge problem. Although if someone knows how to fix that I'm all ears.

:thumbsup:
  • Either something along the lines that "if AI then automated transmission else manual" or just create separate .bus file and link the standalone automat script there.

Hi! Could you assist me a bit more to do that? I'm not a huge expert in OMSI so I'd like to have the easier solution from those (I don't know which one is the easier solution). The bus works fine with the current scripts from the Alpus 260S but it stops driving if I change into that bus from the menu. I also get an error in the logfile which is probably related to using scripts from another bus.
    So could you please help?

Thanks in advance!