No shadow on object

The forum is in reduced operation. The Addon and Support forums remain open.
Please note that OMSI is no longer under development. Some of the developers are now working on a new simulator. Further information concerning the LOTUS-Simulator can be found here.
  • Hello,

I was testing shadows, and I noticed that only few objects had shadows. I looked on the forum and I saw that it was "normal" in OMSI 2. None of my objects have it, except my traffic lights. So I tested everything that was in the .sco, and it appears that the element responsible of this is the [script].

Only a .sco with a [script] and a [shadow] will have shadows. I saw that original street lights had shadows, so I think another tag can trigger it.

So, if I want shadow on an object, I put at the end of the .sco :

Code
    1. [shadow]
    2. [script]
    3. 1
    4. script\nothing.osc

And the script "nothing.osc" must have a frame and something inside, if not the shadow will not appears. Here is the nothing.osc :

Code
    1. {frame}
    2. 0
    3. {if}
    4. {endif}
    5. {end}

I don't think it's really good in term of performance. Did anyone else find another solution?

• I had a working theory that actual size and number of polygons matter too, but I never really explored it.

Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6600K 3,5GHz; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 8.1