[Solved] Map tiles load right in front of me on all medium and large maps, and when it does, bus gets stuck (SSD)

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Full PC Specs:

System Builder - Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! (2-Way SLI), 780T ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

CPU: Intel - Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus - X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memoru

Storage: Kingston - Savage 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive - game is installed on this SSD

Storage: Toshiba - MD03ACA-V 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Video Card (2-Way SLI)

Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Video Card (2-Way SLI)

Power Supply: Corsair - RM 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

(incase driver issues cause this):

Wireless Network Adapter: Netgear - A6210-100PAS USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

Monitor: Acer - S277HK wmidpp 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor

Keyboard: Razer - Blackwidow Tournament Edition Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Razer - DeathAdder Chroma Wired Optical Mouse

Headphones: Kingston - HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset

---------------

So basically, whenever I play a map that is medium or large:

1. I load in, and the game runs fine for about 10 minutes of driving

2. Then, as I continue on, the game pauses and I get the "Loading map tile X of Y..." splash screen for a few seconds, then the game resumes after the tile loads successfully near me.

3. About 2 minutes later, I come up and the map in front of me is missing, the road just ends and is floating midair.

4. When I go onto that road, but don't go to the edge, the game shows me that same splash ("Loading map tile X of Y...") screen again, but this time the tile does not load and the bus touches the edge, causing it to freeze (but indicators etc. still work). There isn't a way out of this.

Notes:

- None of any of my maps have missing splines or objects

- This happens on all medium or large maps, including (tested the issue occurs on these maps, latest versions) Spitterburg, Hamburg Tag und Nacht, BoTW, Lemmental, Karbowo, Motorway Map, etc etc and it occurs every time

- I have the "Load all tiles on map start..." option enabled in settings.

- The game is running on an SSD.

- I have already applied the Large Address Aware and 4GB Patch patches to Omsi.exe

- I have verified game cache on Steam for the game.

- I have messed around with the graphics settings extensively, every single option, and it didn't help

- My OMSI 2 install is about 120 GB at this point (reinstalling will take too long), and I never installed anything for months, and the issue didn't occur until I got back into the game a few weeks ago.

- I have checked the SSD for corruption, normal read/write speeds and errors, including CrystalDiskInfo for SMART values... everything is fine

Absolutely confused as to what is causing this. All help is widely appreciated!

• Every map that is medium-large? That sounds a bit odd, but still possible.

I'd ask you to post the log file as it's an essential resource for troubleshooting this kind of problem.

Something similar happened to me too quite some time ago, but it was just a map that was troubling me and the problem ended up being some Spline or scenary object. I can't recall precisely. In the mean time you could do a game files check through Steam.

• Every map that is medium-large? That sounds a bit odd, but still possible.

I'd ask you to post the log file as it's an essential resource for troubleshooting this kind of problem.

Something similar happened to me too quite some time ago, but it was just a map that was troubling me and the problem ended up being some Spline or scenary object. I can't recall precisely. In the mean time you could do a game files check through Steam.

Sorry, I meant every medium sized map and every large sized map.

I really should have posted the log, I forgot to on my three other posts on other forums :/

I've already done a game files check. As for a bad spline, that seems likely, I'll check the log right now and see, and maybe there is some undetectable corruption because I copied the whole install many times in the past

Edit: appears there is something wrong with the tiles in the log. I never had any issues with these maps, it seems I have corrupted something with my massive mods installed (120GB)

Thing is though, this error never happens immediately. It only happens when I drive for some time in a direction - i.e. when I spawn in, the tile loads fine, but when I spawn in somewhere else then drive to that same tile it doesn't load. Weird.

Logfile attached.

logfile.txt

Second point: I'm seeing lots of missing .wav files in buses that I installed a long time ago, maybe some stuff got corrupted in my copy? Idk man, when I download the file fresh, then check the MD5 and even SHA1 hashes against the ones I have installed they are the same. Weird again!

Edit: an example from the tile log

file = maps\Lemmental\tile_-6_1.map

error = line 6092

where is line 6092 = its at the very bottom of this extract ("0")

also = the file "Sceneryobjects\ADDON_gcW\vorwarnleuchte.sco" is 1KB. is this normal? all the other objects are as well

Object Nr. 315

[object]

Sceneryobjects\ADDON_gcW\vorwarnleuchte.sco

• Yes, 1kb .sco files are normal.

As for now I'd try to reinstall Lemmental and update it to the latest version, then check again for errors.

Hey,

I clean installed the Lemmental Map to the latest version with all patches, to V3.0.9 and the issue still occurs. I checked the file hashes of all my downloads and I just clean installed the map right before loading up this route (455 to 455ZOB with Man Lions Coach)

I also tried with "load all tiles on map start" unchecked.

Screenshot of issue = https://i.imgur.com/v1yF64s.jpg

Video of issue (started capturing as soon as i saw it - cannot turn off auto formatting on this sorry, just click the link in the broken tag) =

[Externes Medium: https://youtu.be/lAUcx_1QXvM]

Pastebin mirror of log = https://pastebin.com/raw/FQkZhvJT

There is a lot of missing stuff in the log. I checked the map with OMSI map tools and nothing is missing, and I manually checked the files and they are all present. Weird :(

Btw. I was loving that route. :(

• Zitat
    Code
    1. 419 14:21:34 - - Warning: Error while loading file Sceneryobjects\Helferlein_Objekte\\script\ampel1_varlist.txt
    2. 420 14:21:34 - - Warning: Error while loading script file Sceneryobjects\Helferlein_Objekte\\script\ampel1.osc
    3. 421 14:21:34 - - Warning: Error while loading file Sceneryobjects\Helferlein_Objekte\\script\ampel2_varlist.txt
    4. 422 14:21:34 - - Warning: Error while loading script file Sceneryobjects\Helferlein_Objekte\\script\ampel2.osc
    5. 423 14:21:34 - - Warning: Error while loading file Sceneryobjects\Helferlein_Objekte\\script\ampel1_varlist.txt
    6. 424 14:21:34 - - Warning: Error while loading script file Sceneryobjects\Helferlein_Objekte\\script\ampel1.osc

Hast du die scripts für die Helferlein Objekte kopiert? in der Readme steht was kopiert werden muss.

• Zitat
    Code
    1. 419 14:21:34 - - Warning: Error while loading file Sceneryobjects\Helferlein_Objekte\\script\ampel1_varlist.txt
    2. 420 14:21:34 - - Warning: Error while loading script file Sceneryobjects\Helferlein_Objekte\\script\ampel1.osc
    3. 421 14:21:34 - - Warning: Error while loading file Sceneryobjects\Helferlein_Objekte\\script\ampel2_varlist.txt
    4. 422 14:21:34 - - Warning: Error while loading script file Sceneryobjects\Helferlein_Objekte\\script\ampel2.osc
    5. 423 14:21:34 - - Warning: Error while loading file Sceneryobjects\Helferlein_Objekte\\script\ampel1_varlist.txt
    6. 424 14:21:34 - - Warning: Error while loading script file Sceneryobjects\Helferlein_Objekte\\script\ampel1.osc

Hast du die scripts für die Helferlein Objekte kopiert? in der Readme steht was kopiert werden muss.

I speak very limited German. I haven't copied any scripts no, and you know what I didn't even check the ReadMe properly.

This happens on every map however!!

I should have read the readme and I will do now. But I have solved the issue!!

Just did a clean install of OMSI 2 version 2.3.004 (latest), installed Addon_gcW, Busdriversobjeckte and Lemmental fully, as well as the same MAN bus and after extensive testing the issue is gone, regardless of whether the "Load all tiles on map start..." is checked or unchecked.

I still can't be bothered to re-install; I actually copied over Busdriversobjekte from the old install and I re-downloaded addon_gCW. I think this issue is happening in the maps because something is corrupted or messed up in addon_gCW and its not being reported in the log properly. I will clean install that addon and report back.

BTW, those two addons (Busdriversobjekte and addon_gCW) are the only required downloads for Lemmental, aside from the map itself.

At least the issue is solved. Also, Lemmental is an incredible map. Highly recommended!

Not going to mark this as solved until I report back

EDIT: THE ISSUE IS SOLVED ON MY MAIN OMSI INSTALL TOO

Full steps on how to fix:

- My "OMSI 2\Sceneryobjects\addon_gcW" folder was 200MB

- The download extracted is about 5MB

1. I deleted my old addon_gcW folder (I actually moved it to the desktop since there might be some misc objects in there needed for other maps)

2. I re-downloaded addon_gcW from here:

- Link to site = https://www.gcmods.de/downloads/gcw-strassenobjekte.html

- Direct download of it = https://github.com/gcWorld/gcw…Strassenobjekte.1.3.2.zip

- Archived link of site (archive.is didn't work) = https://web.archive.org/web/20…/gcw-strassenobjekte.html

Unfortunately I can't archive the download without rehosting it. If the page goes missing check : https://github.com/gcWorld/gcw-Strassenobjekte/releases/

3. Then I installed the new download by extracting the folder inside the .rar to my OMSI 2 root game install folder.

• sjain

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Map tiles load right in front of me on all medium and large maps, and when it does, bus gets stuck (SSD)“ zu „[Solved] Map tiles load right in front of me on all medium and large maps, and when it does, bus gets stuck (SSD)“ geändert.
  • Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 182 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 10
    Maximale Dateigröße: 100 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: pdf, txt