[EN] (OMSI 2) Invisible GM Classic

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hey there, recently downloaded the free version of the GM/MCI/NovaBus Classic on vtransitforums( https://www.vtransitcenter.com…=downloads;sa=view;down=4 ). When I choose the GM Classic, it spawns but the body is always invisible. Looked into the files of the bus, and the .cfg model for the GM is there, named the same as in the scripts of the .bus file. The author of the thread on vtransit said he will not give any support, so I thought maybe someone here could help me or could have found why it does that? Thanks

• I'm not sure whether providing support for something that is not part of this forum is allowed or tolerated. However, whenever you have problems like these, attach a logfile. It might be that all files are present but for example one single typo in the whole model.cfg file can crash everything. This is something where the logfile comes in handy.

• Here is the logfile starting from when I loaded the map and the bus

• Code
    1. 22337 23:24:44 - - Error: The file "vehicles\TC40102\..\Anzeigen\Rollband_Classic\chtex_rollband.cfg" could not be loaded!
    2. 22338 23:24:45 - - Error: Missing [end] in file vehicles\TC40102\GMclassic.bus - or is too long (>255 lines)!

I'd suggest these as being responsible for the behaviour that you observe. If the .cfg file is actually existing as you mentioned, I'd assume that the path mentioned in the .bus file is wrong. If I look into the directory "Anzeigen" and there for example into the directory "Rollband_O405" there are only texture files, no cfg files. So check that one please.

The second error is also something where I can only assume what's wrong. If I look into one of the .bus files on my computer, they always include a part labeled [description] where some short description of the vehicle is given. This description is always ended with and [end]-tag. Since this is the only [end]-tag that I found in the files of the O 407 by Perotinus (as a reference) I assume that this tag is missing in your .bus file.

Edit: In case of the O407 the Rollband.cfg was located in the "model" folder located in the same directory as the .bus file, just as a hint.

• Checked through the files of the bus, and the "chtex_rollband.cfg" is not even in there, so no rollband. Checked also for the description, it's not in the .bus files for the Classic, unlike most buses. Even though there is one in-game, I can't find it anywhere

• the chtex_rollband is not supposed to be within the folder of the bus.

The log shows a path where it is expected.

It has to be within the folder "Anzeigen", which is also within "vehicles".

• 22338 23:24:45 - - Error: Missing [end] in file vehicles\TC40102\GMclassic.bus - or is too long (>255 lines)!

I checked the bus-file that comes with the bus. The part of this file that contains the description of this bus that you see in the bus selection screen should be closed wit the text [end] (brackets inclusive). To be correct it should be like this:

Code
    1. [description]
    2. The Classic is a bus developed by General Motors Diesel from its previous-generation New Look design. The "Classic" was nearly identical to the New Look from the belt rail up, but sported a new front which allowed for a wider front door. The design was originally intended solely for the Canadian market as an alternative to the unpopular RTS but ultimately the Classic, produced from 1982 to 1997, met with widespread success in both Canada and the United States. It was available primarily as a 40-foot (12.19 m) long, 102-inch (2.59 m) wide coach, although 16 60-foot (18.29 m) long articulated Classics were manufactured. The design was fairly conservative, yet contemporary and less controversial than the RTS.
    3. [end]
  • Yes I saw that in every other buses, but not this one. There is just nothing about a description in the .bus file. But I still have a description when choosing the bus in-game, so it has to be somewhere...

And for the path, it actually starts with "TC40102", which is the file for the bus in Vehicles

• If you look in the folder TC40102 you will find more than 1 bus-file. The file GMclassic.bus contains the incomplete description. Add the text [end] below the description text as i wrote in post #7. Then copy the whole descripion bit (all 3 lines) and copy that into the other bus-files. When you saved all the bus-files you should now have 7 more buses available.