Views on the UK community

The forum is in reduced operation. The Addon and Support forums remain open.
Please note that OMSI is no longer under development. Some of the developers are now working on a new simulator. Further information concerning the LOTUS-Simulator can be found here.
  • Hello,

I'm curious to know what the continental European/international community makes of OMSI content from the UK community. We're somewhat insular, and don't have insight from the wider community (for example, I don't even know how many international people have downloaded our maps). For example:

• What do you like/dislike about our maps?
    • Is there enough variety, do we work too slowly?
    • How does our content compare to continental offerings?

We've had a number of new releases recently, and have promising projects coming this year, and I'd like to know the best way to move forwards, with a view to appealing to the entire community. Please note that my questions don't apply to the London DLC, as this is nothing to do with me or my group.

Thank you

Alias: iomex · Member of UKDT
    Current projects: BoTW Update A · Cotterell

• I can only speak for myself here, but I do enjoy UK maps and vehicles, particularly those available for RHD. My favorite maps are Keedlestone, Yorkshire Counties, BOTW, Cotterell in no particular order. Truth need be told, I'm not on the lookout for new stuff everyday, but every now and again check to see, if there are any updates or new content available. So I guess it's time to check back, if there have been new releases :)

Für mich ist es nur ein kleiner Tritt auf die Bremse, für alle anderen ein großer Schritt nach vorne! (Busfahrerweisheit)

• As UK resident, I find Yorkshire is the second UK map to offer a full day and night service. As most UK towns dont offer a bus service like London.

So I have to thank the author of Yorkshire. I think more creative licence is needed for UK maps as fictional EU maps offer a lot more playability. UK maps are highly detailed but lack longevity