mod for stop request

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hello,

This is a predominantly German community so the mods offered herein are predominantly tailored to German-typical vehicle variants. Vehicles featuring a fully manually controlled 3rd / 3rd and 4th door are, to my knowledge, rare to nonexistent in Germany, so, unsurprisingly, mods like the one you're after are published equivalently rarely. Furthermore there is, for better or worse, no such thing as a universal door script -- each vehicle author/modder handles things differently, even if only so slightly. Therefore, even if there were such a mod, unless it also happened to specifically target the vehicle/variant X you're after, you would have to resolve any incompatibility/integration issues yourself.

My advice for implementing simple changes like the one you're after is this: Invest a few hours or days to familiarize yourself with the scripting language. No prior programming experience is required -- it's nothing like C++. All that's needed is the ability to formulate thoughts/requirements as primitive boolean logic ("if a = 1 and b = 2 then assign 3 to c"), something I believe everyone is capable of. And if the lacking (English) documentation stands in your way, or you don't understand how a particular block of code works, there are individuals here who will be willing to assist you once you've grasped the basics, as long as your* questions concern concrete technical challenges you face, as opposed to requesting "pre-digested food". :)

* Not judging you here -- this is the "wishes" forum after all -- but rather every third thread under the "SDK" category asking something along the lines of "I want this Citaro with the ticket printer of that other Citaro and the doors of that other Citaro (, and plz fast!)")

• I

I think you didnt understand me.When there is a request stop for a passenger,in my display i see the HALT indication only.But i dont know what door should i open specifically.So i must open all of them.For example in Solaris Urbino 18 one passenger wants to exit from the 4th door.And i am asking the forum if there is a mod which will indicate that"somebody wants to exit from the last door only" with a lamp on the door buttons.If this doesnt exist,it should be a good idea for OMSI 2.

• The only bus with stop requests by door I know of in OMSI is Kajott's Jelcz. I am not aware of a standalone mod to work that way. So I guess you would have to transfer those lines to the bus of your desire.

• PeterEfthimiou , I did in fact understand you very well. You want to implement what's found in "OSY" and "OASTH" buses -- perhaps elsewhere as well. Here's my argument again, in case it wasn't clear before:

1. OMSI communities tend to focus on what's typical to their membership's majority's locale. Even if this particular community is labeled "official", it is dominated by a German audience. That's why development by this community focuses on vehicles/variants that are considered the norm in Germany.

2. The feature you're after does not make a lot of sense to German variants, where doors 3 and 4 are automatic, and where the driver need therefore only monitor door 2 (door 1 is by convention not typically used for disembarking) for potentially disembarking passengers.

3. Because the feature is not about something essential that German variants are lacking, and because this community has shown, on average, little interest in variants with full manual door control -- where such a feature does in fact make sense -- it is unlikely you'll find what you're after on these boards, due to there simply being no demand for it.

• * Not judging you here -- this is the "wishes" forum after all -- but rather every third thread under the "SDK" category asking something along the lines of "I want this Citaro with the ticket printer of that other Citaro and the doors of that other Citaro (, and plz fast!)")

So tell me how to solve this problem (which exists for many years).

• So tell me how to solve this problem (which exists for many years).

I honestly don't know. Hey, you're the expert here, you tell me!

Obviously this isn't a problem that's exclusive to this community -- even on huge ones like the StackOverflow / StackExchange family of sites it's a known phenomenon; they call it the "show-me-how-to-do-my-homework"-problem there. The community should collectively take responsibility and collaborate to bring whatever SDK resources there are (forum stickies / wiki articles / SDK manual) up to date, also helping translate to accommodate non-German-speaking visitors; that's one strategy. More importantly though I think (new) members should be individually encouraged to learn -- be it Blender or scripting or repainting, since each successfully "converted" modder will themselves take over the role of the instructor eventually, given enough time and experience, bringing about a positive feedback loop. So how does one encourage someone to learn? The usual approach is by providing them with little chunks of knowledge when they ask a question, paying attention to the chunks neither being too specific (which would only reinforce the problem of "homework" questions being directly answered, thereby reducing the receiver's incentive to actually learn) nor too abstract. User Tatra used to do just that and had, I believe, a reasonable success rate. In this instance, had it been posted as a question under "scripting", I could perhaps have pointed directly at the relevant block of code, explaining how it works, without otherwise answering the question, forcing them to look at the wiki for figuring out the syntax, and ultimately "fill in the blank" themselves. Just some unoriginal thoughts.

There had been at least one discussion thread in the past that was devoted, at large or in its entirety, I'm not sure, to this exact problem. Might be worth digging up and reading what strategies some well-known content authors had suggested at the time.

• PeterEfthimiou , I did in fact understand you very well. You want to implement what's found in "OSY" and "OASTH" buses -- perhaps elsewhere as well. Here's my argument again, in case it wasn't clear before:

1. OMSI communities tend to focus on what's typical to their membership's majority's locale. Even if this particular community is labeled "official", it is dominated by a German audience. That's why development by this community focuses on vehicles/variants that are considered the norm in Germany.

2. The feature you're after does not make a lot of sense to German variants, where doors 3 and 4 are automatic, and where the driver need therefore only monitor door 2 (door 1 is by convention not typically used for disembarking) for potentially disembarking passengers.

3. Because the feature is not about something essential that German variants are lacking, and because this community has shown, on average, little interest in variants with full manual door control -- where such a feature does in fact make sense -- it is unlikely you'll find what you're after on these boards, due to there simply being no demand for it.

Ohhh.Now i understand what you are saying.Do you know if i change something on the xml to do what i describe? Or it is impossible? I am just saying that because i think you have good knowlegde about how omsi2 engine is constructed.

Thanks

• A bit late to the party, but you might want to check up old Ikarus buses (the 2xx series, namely). These had stop request lights on each individual door (including the first). However, this bus family has a rather unique feature (much alike a "signature" in real life), such that the doors open from one set of buttons and close from a different set of ones. This, however, shouldn't get in your way.

Then there is also fuljo's Autodromo Busotto. It has a [setvar] command that allows each of the back doors to have its own stop request light (it isn't on the dashboard, but above those doors). I suggest you study the scripts in detail.