Solaris Urbino II Stadtbusfamilie Increase braking intensity

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • 1. Which version of OMSI 1 or OMSI 2 is being used?

Omsi 2.3

2. How often does the problem occur and how? (Error message, but playable / Crash / Freeze / ...)

None

3. Which action leads to the problem? (Place a new bus / Driving on schedule / ...)

None

4. Which content was used? (Map, busses, ...)

Urbino II Stadtbusfamilie

5. Which mods or plugins were used? (SweetFX, ...)

6. Logfile in spoiler or attached

Not needed.

7. System information (OS, RAM, CPU, ...)

Not needed.

My question is how can I increase the braking intensity in this bus? I know In O530 Facelift u had to edit the Bremse_constfile and edit the:

[const]

max_bremskraft

But Im clueless with this bus.

Anyone knows how to?

• Hello,

I don't own the particular add-on, so I can't offer concrete advice. Generally speaking, however, within one or several script files (*.osc), you will find statements ending with (S.L.Axle_Brakeforce_<0~3>_<L|R>). These statements are responsible for telling OMSI what braking force is to be applied to each wheel; with e.g. Axle_Brakeforce_0_L referring to the force to be applied to the left wheel of the front axle. In the line or lines before the assignment (the (S.L.<var_name>) part), you will usually be able to spot pretty easily what factors, including constants (expressions containing (C.L.<constant_name>)), contribute to the resulting total.

• Yes, that would be one approach. An even better approach might be to search, in turn, for what sets the individual Brakeforce_ist_VR, Brakeforce_ist_MR, etc. variables, and in turn what sets them, and so on and so forth, until you arrive at some primitive expression that, I bet, will also refer to some sort of constant. But yeah, at the end of the day the value assigned to those Axle_Brakeforce_X_Y variables I mentioned originally is all that matters.

• Yes, that would be one approach. An even better approach might be to search, in turn, for what sets the individual Brakeforce_ist_VR, Brakeforce_ist_MR, etc. variables, and in turn what sets them, and so on and so forth, until you arrive at some primitive expression that, I bet, will also refer to some sort of constant. But yeah, at the end of the day the value assigned to those Axle_Brakeforce_X_Y variables I mentioned originally is all that matters.

Looks like they're set to:

(L.L.Brakeforce_ist_MR) (L.S.Timegap) 1.66 * 33000 * - 0 max (S.L.Brakeforce_ist_MR)

Same goes for VL, VR, ML, MR, HL and HR

So in this case I can change them all to above 1.66 or should I change the 33000 number?

• Uhm, better leave that line alone, there's some kind of reduction going on there, so if you increase those values the reduction will be faster.

If I were you, I would search through the entire file for all occurrences of (S.L.Brakeforce_ist_MR) and the rest of those variables. Suppose that I then ran into something like this:

(L.L.blah) .... (L.L.blub) ... (S.L.Brakeforce_ist_MR)

I would then proceed on in search of lines containing (S.L.blah) and (S.L.blub). Suppose that I then saw:

(L.L.blah2) ... (S.L.blah)

So I would once again venture off in search of lines containing (S.L.blah2)... and so and so forth, ad infinitum. I hope what I meant is clear now. It's just "top-down" reasoning. Ultimately I would reach a certain "layer" where there must be some expression combining (L.L.brake) (the standard OMSI variable referring to the angle of the brake pedal), and a kind of maximum, expressed either as a constant, like the max_bremskraft one you remember, or a literal number, or a combination thereof. That's the value or the values I would choose to modify, so as to keep the remainder of the script's logic as close to original as possible.

But if you just want the easiest possible way, then do as you originally suggested, i.e., increase the 1.8, 1.2 and 0.6 factors used before the ultimate Axle_Brakeforce_X_Y assignments.