Modelling questions

• Not sure if this fits here best, but I've noticed something strange.
    In this picture, the user vehicle is the Jelcz (blue/white bus) and the Rocar (WIP "AI" bus) is standing by. When I switch the roles, everything is ok.

I have to mention that, due to the various combinations of sliding/fixed windows, I had to make each side window of the Rocar a separate object

• It is an OMSI problem. The rue of thumb ist that OMSI renders at last that what's placed at last. You can try this oute by moving objects in the model-file (*.cfg) more to the beginning to give them a lover prority or to the end to give them higher priority. There is also an option called [rendertype] only for sceneryobjects. But In the main game, between busses ect. you can do nothing to fix this your self.

<-- Klick mein Profil für mehr Informationen! :)
    An mich gerne Fragen zu: Blender, Paint.NET, Busbau, SDK...
    Jeder der sich Produktiv an der Community beteiligt sollte dafür entsprechende Anerkennung bekommen, ganz egal welches Ergebnis er erzielt!

• I found out what was the problem, meanwhile. I simply forgot to add the [matl_noZwrite] command in the "rain" and "dirt" layers of the window meshes (the "glass" and "repaint" layers had it).

• So you removed it from glass and repaint texture entry and now it works?

<-- Klick mein Profil für mehr Informationen! :)
    An mich gerne Fragen zu: Blender, Paint.NET, Busbau, SDK...
    Jeder der sich Produktiv an der Community beteiligt sollte dafür entsprechende Anerkennung bekommen, ganz egal welches Ergebnis er erzielt!

• PaulIP

Changed the title of the thread from “"Invisible" bus through windows” to “Modelling questions”.
  • I decided to keep as few threads as possible, so I'll ask my questions here instead of creating a topic for each one.

Is it possible to make interior roof panels such that they reflect whatever is under them? I'm not talking about mirror-like reflexion, but a more diffuse one (sort of like the reflexion on ripply water surface, or a really shiny coat of paint). Here is an example.

• that would require a real mirror like the rear mirror, what could heavily decrease your performance ingame.

Maybe you can rip off the roof in blender, photo your interior in a orthogonal top view and try this as reflection.

Liebe Beitragleser, eine wichtige Durchsage: Aufgrund anhaltender Einfallslosigkeit fällt die Signatur heute leider aus, wir arbeiten an den Problemen und bitten um Ihr Verständnis, Danke
    --Danke für 1500 Danksagungen--

• Thanks for the tip! I gave it a try, but it didn't appear to be satisfactory. Mainly because the reflexion is "static", not in real time. The mirror option is out of question, because my model is already pretty high-poly (but my decently-equipped PC doesn't nag more with this bus than it usually does when running OMSI).

Meanwhile I tried adding an matl_envmap tag to the separated roof, first with a magnitude of 0.05, then 0.1, but it didn't make much difference (the outer body has 0.1 and its effect is pretty strong). Does OMSI recognise "inside" objects (like roof panels) from "outer" ones (like the body)?

As a last resort, I'll leave it as it is, without shininess.

• Does OMSI recognise "inside" objects (like roof panels) from "outer" ones (like the body)

When you have different objects or textures, it should be possible to make different envmaps or shiny strength. If you look at other busses, the interior is mostly or always seperated o3d's from the outer body.

Liebe Beitragleser, eine wichtige Durchsage: Aufgrund anhaltender Einfallslosigkeit fällt die Signatur heute leider aus, wir arbeiten an den Problemen und bitten um Ihr Verständnis, Danke
    --Danke für 1500 Danksagungen--

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 100 kB
    Allowed extensions: pdf, txt