Mirror setup help

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hi, I was trying to setup a mirror as CCTV for the back door, near the dashboard of the bus, but I cannot find any tutorial about this topic, except one in chinese (unreadable for me).

As far I understood for now, to set up a mirror I need to write a string like this one in the .bus file:

[add_camera_reflexion_2]

Could someone explain me the values behind these numbers?

• It's not much to say about that:

Code
    1. [add_camera_reflexion_2]
    2. X-Location of the camera, check out blender or try to find the best position by hand
    3. Y-Location...
    4. Z-Location...
    5. distance to neck (do'nt touch that)
    6. view angle (field of view in degree)
    7. rotation around X-axis
    8. rotation around Y-axis
    9. maximum distance to the user camera. if the distance is higher the mirror is not rendered

You are welcome to asc if something is unclear for you.

• [add_camera_reflexion_2]
    Position of camera left/right
    Position of camera front/back
    Position of camera up/down
    Distance of camera to the rotationpoint
    Viewing angle (Picture)
    View alignment horizontal
    View alignment vertical
    Update rate

Origin: here - this thread was translated in english.

- IRE612 -

• Here in this two values

Code
    1. ...
    2. rotation around X-axis
    3. rotation around Y-axis
    4. ...

The camera looks straight down with this:

Code
    1. ...
    2. 0
    3. 0
    4. ...

The camera looks straight backwards with this:

Code
    1. ...
    2. 180
    3. 0
    4. ...

From this position change the second value to tilt the camera up an down a little.

• Code

change the 2 to the next coming number.

means: if the last camera_refelxion is 2, you new one will be 3, next will be 4 and so on...

No, stop. Thast not correct.

Code

Means that you can use the last line for renderdistance (so mirrors who are not needed are not rendered)

Without the 2 it means this picture is rendered all time long (there is no 3 or 4). That entry should look like this:

Code
    1. [add_camera_reflexion]
    2. X-Location of the camera, check out blender or try to find the best position by hand
    3. Y-Location...
    4. Z-Location...
    5. distance to neck (do'nt touch that)
    6. view angle (field of view in degree)
    7. rotation around X-axis
    8. rotation around Y-axis

But you have to use the images reflexion0.bmp for the first mirror reflexion1.bmp for the second and so on. So if there are 3 mirrors in your bus and your camera is the 4. you will have to map reflexion3.bmp on your Display for displaying the camera image you want.

• Hallo leute.

Ich wollte auch eine Kamera für die Türen erstellen.

Aber ich kann mich nicht in den Positionen zurechtfinden.

Durch Einstellen des Werts 0 in den Zeilen bezüglich der Drehung ist die Kamera nicht vertikal, sondern geneigt. Ich wollte auch fragen, ob die Größe der Textur (Reflexion) die Leistung der Kamera beeinflusst. Außerdem verstehe ich nicht einmal, wie man die Blengder-Position einnimmt, da die Kamera durch Eingabe der folgenden Werte nicht auf den gewünschten Punkt zeigt, sondern in den Himmel.

Vielleicht hat es etwas mit "Rechts- / Linkshänder" zu tun, wie das Exportieren eines Objekts nach direct.x.

Danke und guten Abend