Conditional objects like parked cars

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hello,

I was thinking how to structure this question, so I will write three examples. I would like to make my map as dynamic as possible.

Basic example, is there a way to use the parked cars system with other objects? You place an object, and that object will sometimes appear sometimes won't (a newspaper on a street, a car accident (this would be one object)...)...

More advanced example, object that will appear only in a time period - every day between 07-14h, object that includes group of people at a flea market for example.

Very advanced example, the flea market people example from above, but the object should appear only on Sundays.

I saw the fireworks object from the "generic" folder but, honestly, I don't understand how to apply that on my objects.

Thank you.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, I couldn't decide should I post here or in the object development section.

• Hi,

I don't understand scripts very well, but I would recommend you to check Ettbruck and Waldhofen.

Ettbruck have objects which appear in specific days/seasons like a skiers or people, tables, chairs and parasols next to the pub in the summer (near Ettbruck Bf).

Waldhofen has flea markets on Waldhofen Bf which appears only on Sundays I think.

Anyway, I hope someone will help you more with specific settings in scripts, etc.

• car parking slot is OMSI 2\Sceneryobjects\Generic\car_park.sco

there is no further script for car parking available in this folder, it seams to be hard coded in the OMSI Engine, same as bus stop and entry point.

• The carp_park.sco is a placeholder and is ingame replaced with either nothing or cars defined in each maps parklist_p.txt

If you want to place a specific car then check the vehicles folder, there you can find *.sco files for a lot of KI-cars.

• It is only possible with custom scripts and the [visible] Tag. It shuld look like this:

Here the Meshes will only be visible if the variable visvar is set to the given Value.

Now some simple script:

Code: main.osc (Script)
    1. {init}
    2. 3 random (S.L.visvar)
    3. {end}

This script sets the variable to a random number between the 3 objects in the initialisation process. (Set the number higher if you want them to be invisible sometimes)

Do'nt forget to create a varlist like this:

Code: main_varlist.txt
    1. visvar

And thats it. The only thing you have to deliver is the 3D-model.