Conditional objects like parked cars

The forum is in reduced operation. The Addon and Support forums remain open.
Please note that OMSI is no longer under development. Some of the developers are now working on a new simulator. Further information concerning the LOTUS-Simulator can be found here.
A community-lead successor to the OMSI forum will be linked here as soon as it is founded and ready.
  • Hello,

I was thinking how to structure this question, so I will write three examples. I would like to make my map as dynamic as possible.

Basic example, is there a way to use the parked cars system with other objects? You place an object, and that object will sometimes appear sometimes won't (a newspaper on a street, a car accident (this would be one object)...)...

More advanced example, object that will appear only in a time period - every day between 07-14h, object that includes group of people at a flea market for example.

Very advanced example, the flea market people example from above, but the object should appear only on Sundays.

I saw the fireworks object from the "generic" folder but, honestly, I don't understand how to apply that on my objects.

Thank you.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, I couldn't decide should I post here or in the object development section.

FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO - 1908!

• Hi,

I don't understand scripts very well, but I would recommend you to check Ettbruck and Waldhofen.

Ettbruck have objects which appear in specific days/seasons like a skiers or people, tables, chairs and parasols next to the pub in the summer (near Ettbruck Bf).

Waldhofen has flea markets on Waldhofen Bf which appears only on Sundays I think.

Anyway, I hope someone will help you more with specific settings in scripts, etc.

• take a look at "OMSI 2\Sceneryobjects\Agriculture\Haybale.sco", it is only visible in the summer half year, see script folder

Niemand nimmt uns OMSI weg

• T2F2C, BusfahrerP - Thanks for suggestions. I will check out those objects.

Anyone know how parked cars work? Is there a way to have that functionality for standard objects?

• car parking slot is OMSI 2\Sceneryobjects\Generic\car_park.sco

there is no further script for car parking available in this folder, it seams to be hard coded in the OMSI Engine, same as bus stop and entry point.

Niemand nimmt uns OMSI weg

• The carp_park.sco is a placeholder and is ingame replaced with either nothing or cars defined in each maps parklist_p.txt

If you want to place a specific car then check the vehicles folder, there you can find *.sco files for a lot of KI-cars.

<-- Klick mein Profil für mehr Informationen! :)
    An mich gerne Fragen zu: Blender, Paint.NET, Busbau, SDK...
    Jeder der sich Produktiv an der Community beteiligt sollte dafür entsprechende Anerkennung bekommen, ganz egal welches Ergebnis er erzielt!

• Is there a possibility for a custom placeholder object?

Example:

TrashBagPlaceholder.sco should sometimes place TrashBag.sco (or TrashBag.o3d).

• It is only possible with custom scripts and the [visible] Tag. It shuld look like this:

Here the Meshes will only be visible if the variable visvar is set to the given Value.

Now some simple script:

Code: main.osc (Script)
    1. {init}
    2. 3 random (S.L.visvar)
    3. {end}

This script sets the variable to a random number between the 3 objects in the initialisation process. (Set the number higher if you want them to be invisible sometimes)

Do'nt forget to create a varlist like this:

Code: main_varlist.txt
    1. visvar

And thats it. The only thing you have to deliver is the 3D-model.

<-- Klick mein Profil für mehr Informationen! :)
    An mich gerne Fragen zu: Blender, Paint.NET, Busbau, SDK...
    Jeder der sich Produktiv an der Community beteiligt sollte dafür entsprechende Anerkennung bekommen, ganz egal welches Ergebnis er erzielt!

Edited 5 times, last by modellbusse ;) ().