[Alheim Laurenzbach Updated] Refresh schedule issue

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • 1. Which version of OMSI 1 or OMSI 2 is being used?

OMSI 2 on Steam

2. How often does the problem occur and how? (Error message, but playable / Crash / Freeze / ...)

As much as every time I use the map, no error messages from OMSI. Map is still playable somehow

3. Which action leads to the problem? (Place a new bus / Driving on schedule / ...)

Driving on schedule

4. Which content was used? (Map, busses, ...)

Map is ALU updated and the issue happens with every bus

5. Which mods or plugins were used? (SweetFX, ...)

I don't have sweetfx

6. Logfile in spoiler or attached

7. System information (OS, RAM, CPU, ...)

W7 64bit, 8GB Ram, Intel core I7 2600K,Nvidia Geforce GTX550Ti

Hello all,

I've downloaded the ALU updated map: it's pretty nice and has a great variety of routes. However I have a strange issue which now I'm going to try to explain.

If I drive a schedule which remains on the upper part of the map (Alheim and Derenhofen) performance are decent and the map is enjoyable. However if I try to drive a schedule which goes from Alheim to Laurenzbach or remains entirely in Laurenzbach performance gradually deteriorate during my drive in a funny way: as time goes by every time a tile is loaded the map lags on the item "Refresh schedules" and the lag is pretty annoying. In other words the item "Refresh schedules" remains for many seconds while the map does not freeze completely but slows down for some seconds.

Searching on this forum, the item "Refresh Schedules" seems to be related to the AI Buses, so I tried to use an AI-List which included only the Default MAN EN92 but this didn't solve the issue. I also tried to reduce the number of AI buses but I didn't get a positive response either.

I quite like this map so I would be happy if somebody have some advice regarding this problem.

Kind Regards,

Giorgio

PS: I attach the log of my test on this map: I completed the SB23 line from Alheim Hauptbanhof to Will Brandt Platz and back with the Perotinus O407.

• I don't know whether this is the reason for your performance problems, but there's a mistake in the file "831_Vero_Tub.ttp" which has'nt been patched yet. By default there's a line with the entry "[trainreverse]" which doesn't makes sense for a bus route. It caused a bad performance in the area of Derenhofen and was absolutely annoying for me and other players (have a look on this thread). After deleting this entry (just delete the whole line in this file), we didn't notice any other performance problems around Derenhofen. I hope it's also the solution for your problem. In any case, you can definitely delete this line, it wouldn't cause any other issues.

• I don't know whether this is the reason for your performance problems, but there's a mistake in the file "831_Vero_Tub.ttp" which has'nt been patched yet. By default there's a line with the entry "[trainreverse]" which doesn't makes sense for a bus route. It caused a bad performance in the area of Derenhofen and was absolutely annoying for me and other players (have a look on this thread). After deleting this entry (just delete the whole line in this file), we didn't notice any other performance problems around Derenhofen. I hope it's also the solution for your problem. In any case, you can definitely delete this line, it wouldn't cause any other issues.

I did extensive tests on the last hours. I've remoed the "trainreverse" line from the file you mentioned but that didn't solve my issue unfortunately.

Nonetheless I found out more details about my issue: the "refresh schedule" seems to be originated around Laurenzbach HBF. I'm going to explain the tests I've done.

1) Line SB23 from Alheim HBF to Willy Brandt Platz: everything pretty smooth until I reached Europa Platz (not far from Laurenzbach HBF): from then on "refresh schedules" makes the map lag even when I get far from HBF.

2) Restarted OMSI from scratch, I drove the 808 line from Niederbanscheid to Flughafen. Everything pretty smooth until I reached again Europa Platz and the same happened. Upon reaching the Flughafen I restarted OMSI and I drove the 808 back to Niederbanscheid and the same again; everything smooth until reaching Kaplanstrasse (not far from Laurenzbach HBF) when the "refresh schedules" hang popped up again and stayed there until the end of the route.

3) I finally tested line 838 which does not stop at Laurenzbach HBF or have stops in the surroundings and performance kept smooth.

So my conclusions are that something is wrong with the area of the Laurenzbach HBF: it does't only affect the surroundings, but if a bus line travels through there, the issue remains even when you are kilometers away from the train station.

Furthermore when the "refresh schedules" starts causing the lag, I noticed that OMSI for some reason stops loading AI buses.

Do you have any other hints?

PS: I attach the AI-List file. Don't know if that helps, but anyway ...

• Did you install the train "flirt" correctly? Or do you determine any connection between the trains in general and the performance issues? We can find out which lines or type of lines are causing the performance issues in two steps with the following settings:

No.1:

Set the schedule priority to "2", this option deactivates all train lines across the map. After that, load a normal game around the central station of Laurenzbach to test the performance in this area again. Make sure you're using the same weekday as in the situations where you had performance problems last time. If you're now sure, you don't notice performance issues anymore, you have to check, whether all of the trains listed in the ailist are completely and correctly installed (e.g. the "Flirt").

If you still notice performance problems, we can surely know that it's not because of the trains so you'll go to step No.2:

Set the schedule priority to "1". This option deactivates all buslines across the map, which are not driveable and just "decoration". Now you create a situation in this area again and have a look on the behaviour of the performance. If there are no performance problems anymore, we most likely know it's not because of the bus types and there seems to be a mistake in any of the schedule-files again. Then I have to play detective again but before I'm doing that, you should just follow my instructions and report your results.

I hope anything was helpful for you.

Best regards

Oldenburger

• I've just completed the test with the same SB23 line, same day, same bus, same timetable. I've tested both settings (schedule priority on 2, restarted OMSI, schedule priority on 1). Unfortunately I haven't found any differences: same "refresh schedules" lag approaching Laurenzbach HBF and then on until i close OMSI even far away from the station.

Do you have any other ideas?

• Is the SB23 line a mod? I just know the lines 23 which runs only from Laurenzbach-Banscheid in the north of Laurenzbach to Ahlheim and the line SB05 which runs like across the whole map. If the line SB23 is a mod, just uninstall it and try the "original" version of the map. If this doesn't helps, please post your logfile again.

• Is the SB23 line a mod? I just know the lines 23 which runs only from Laurenzbach-Banscheid in the north of Laurenzbach to Ahlheim and the line SB05 which runs like across the whole map. If the line SB23 is a mod, just uninstall it and try the "original" version of the map. If this doesn't helps, please post your logfile again.

SB23 could be a mod, I don't remember exactly. However I also tested the standard 23 line from Alheim HBF to Banscheid and back and I didn't have any issues. Different story with the 23 line from Alheim HBF to Willy Brand Platz: same issue popping up around Laurenzbach HBF until I close OMSI.

I have installed some mods on this map, so I don't know exactly which line is from the map itself and which is added afterwards. I will try to identify the modded lines. To cancel the mods is it just enough to cancel the files regarding the line into the TTdata folder?

• Yes, deleting the .TTL-Files from the mod(s) should be enough, because editing and reuploading original files of the map is illegal.

It seems to be an issue with a modded line: it's a circular line which starts at Laurenzbach HBF, but I'm not 100% sure. I will try further tests. Do you believe it could cause an issue like mine?

• I don't observe those performance issues on the map and all of your vehicles seem to be correctly installed, so I think it's most likely the reason for your issues.

After several tests, I've somehow determined that it's not caused by that line but it's something more complex. The ALU original lines are very numerous and adding more modded lines, which sometimes have very tight timetables (as far as a bus every 10 minutes on the same line) seems to cause an overload on the schedules OMSI have to calculate every time a new tile is loaded.

I've came to this conclusion as I removed all the modded lines and the "refresh schedule" issue is still there but much less noticeable. After adding some other modded lines, performance gradually decrease.

I don't know if my explanation is reasonable. I will try to narrow down some of the timetable by manually editing the ttl files, in order to keep the modded lines as they are very enjoyable.

• I have looked a bit more into this as I have the same problem.

While in the northern part of the map, everything is smooth. However in the vicinity of Laurenzbach Hbf the refresh schedules issue is there.

I found out that when the sim slows down, the logs shows "Information: Try placing random bus:".

When using debug mode there is an additional line:

Error: Busliste leer!16 - 21 - 0

This is the problem, I am sure. It sometimes has different numbers after it, but i cannot understand what they mean.

I tried removing all the mods and the issue is still there.

Does anyone know what this line refers to?

Edit: I think I got it. There are not enough busses in the Ailists. I added more and the Busliste leer is gone.