Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Amsterdam DLC?

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hello to all german speakers and rest of the world!

I really appreciate the effort of all map makers of fictive and tiny places german maps.

But..

Haven't been really no one thinking about making a DLC of the biggest European cities or some popular places?

Barcelona, Rome, Madrid, Paris, Budapest, London, Moscow, Amsterdam even Lisabon tram 28..

That's something could truly be a money factory for some good map maker.

• I've been waiting for the London DLC for many years. I still have some hope that it will come out sometime as the screenshots were absolutely amazing.

Other cities are welcome too of course :D

• But as far as I know this is very performance killing, cities are mostly more lagging.

I don't think it's completely true: it depends how the map is made. Look at Berlin X10 DLC: considering the amount of details it has good performance.

Talking about freewares, Stadtedreieck has excellent performance in its city parts.

• I completely agree, especially with respect to the concept of recreating bus lines that travels through places which are widely known, e.g. for their landscapes.

Let's just take one example (it's from my country, but there are clearly many and many more from other countries): as we have an (amazing) map like Dalmacija, why couldn't a map maker recreate the Amalfi - Salerno line?

I think that a similar map, coupled with a proper bus (resuming the example, a 10,8 m Iveco Crossway, or a more old-fashioned Iveco 380.10 / 370.10), could have the potential to be very successful: famous, beautiful places with vehicles (or at least bodyworks) that are un- or less known to the majority of the OMSI community, and therefore could be more appealing than the usual Citaro.