Weird FPS behaviour

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • My FPS drops by about 10 whenever I activate the mirrors. No matter what I put in the "Min. Obj. Size" option or what texture size I select for the mirrors, the FPS drops by exactly that same amount!!! I'm even playing with Min. Obj. Size set to 0% and the texture size set to 4096 MB since the FPS will drop by 10 anyways!

Has someone experienced something like this? What could be the cause? In the Grundorf map, I get 60 FPS and when looking at the mirros, the FPS drops to 50. So that is acceptable. But in more complex maps it goes from 30 to 20 FPS ,which is annoying...

Or, and one more thing: the FPS increases by about 10 (in Grundorf map) or by 5 (in Berlin map) whenever I press any mouse button. As soon as I release the button, it drops back down.

My PC:

CPU: Intel i5 4440 3.3 Ghz;

GPU: AMD Rx 5500 Xt 8 GB;

RAM: 8 GB;

(I can run other games at 1080p with graphs set to "ultra" and 50 FPS; I'm aware, however, of the issues OMSI has when it comes to performance. Ah, and also, I have the 4 GB patch.)

• MarvinK

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet
  • Hi,

Please send me your log file and screenshots of your graphic settings in Omsi.

I suspect either a fault in the vehicle or a wrong setting. Does this happen on all buses or only on certain ones? And on which map do you have this problem?

PS: It makes no sense to compare OMSI with other games in terms of performance because OMSI A) is shitty optimized and, secondly, is only based on 32-bit.

The second is the main reason why OMSI can never use the full power of your PC.

32-bit is limited to 4 GB of RAM, which is why Omsi can never use it again, even if you have 8, 16 or 32 GB of RAM.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 182 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 10
    Maximale Dateigröße: 100 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: pdf, txt