Berkhof Jonckheer/DAF SB250

• nemeza I know you can script better than me because I actually tried your script for the inside display system written somewhere in this forum. So I am glad you can give some advice and I will try to add a button, but do you think it is possible to make it work full automatic like in real life?

omsipolice12 if the bus is released you have to place the bus on the map and open the doors before starting a schedule. Sometimes they open/close very slow like in the video but this is not normal. If that is the case place a new bus and the doors should work the way they are supposed to be. I guess it has something to do with pressure so maybe I can prevent this from happening the next time.

Edit: to-do list added in the first post. This should be everything that is left to do but maybe I will add one or two more things.

I think it is not possible, maybe using some kind of trick. Eg. Based on the timetable, but have to be corrected somehow..
    --
    if you have any question with scripts, pop it up in the forum, I think there will be some folks, who may try to give solutions :)

• Sometimes they open/close very slow like in the video but this is not normal.

I know for a fact that some of the buses in the old fleet did have this problem in real life. Not only with the DAFs, but also with the Volvo's (Articulated). If I may do a guess, those buses are long gone and replaced by Citea's or Citaro's.

Damn this bus is ugly. Your model is very nice but the bus itself looks sh*t

I actually like this bus, as it's not a bus like all other buses on the planet. I kinda like the roundings and all that. I'm disappointed the GVB had to let go these buses due to their contracts with Amsterdam. These buses did represent Amsterdam as they were very noticeable. In a few months they're all replaced by Citea's, but luckily we'll have a driveable version in the virtual world :).

I'm glad that I had a chance to drive the DAF and Volvo buses of this type in real life, even though I'm not a bus driver.

• Damn this bus is ugly. Your model is very nice but the bus itself looks sh*t :(

Lol, well you can definitely not say that this is a "box on wheels". The design of this bus is the number one reason why I`ve made it because I think we have (had) some special buses in Amsterdam like Eyon already said.

I think it is not possible, maybe using some kind of trick. Eg. Based on the timetable, but have to be corrected somehow..
    --
    if you have any question with scripts, pop it up in the forum, I think there will be some folks, who may try to give solutions :)

Hehe that sounds way too complicated for me. But maybe if I can find
    some script commands used for the timetable I may give it a shot. I now
    use a script I`ve found on the internet which displays a lot of
    different messages. For this bus I don`t need that many different
    messages but since I don`t know which lines can be thrown away the
    script has now duplicated messages.

If you or someone else may
    have a clue on how to make the inside display work exactly like in real
    life, I will post the important parts of the IBIS-2 file in spoilers to
    have a look at it.

Die Signatur ist derzeit unterwegs mit einem unbekannten Bus mit einem unbekannten Ziel.

• I saw in your last video that the N-D-R switch texture is flipped aside...
    If you send me the texture file with the N-D-R switch in it i can eddited so it isn't "Wrong" Anymore.

Ik zag je in je laatste video dat de N-D-R knoppen op zijn zijkant zaten...
    Als je me de texturenfile met die knoppen erin even zend dan vernader ik ze zodat ze weer recht staan.

The slow doors irl and in omsi is caused by low air pressure. If you brake a lot realy heavy or jsut started the bus up you mostly have it (in the SD200 buses mostly indicated with the red "stick" in front of the window.)

Visit my youtube for omsi video's and gameplays of other games! (AutoGamerZ)

Currently working on:
    Backwell - Check out my WIP Forum Topic!

• I saw in your last video that the N-D-R switch texture is flipped aside...
    If you send me the texture file with the N-D-R switch in it i can eddited so it isn't "Wrong" Anymore.

This isn't wrong though. Some of these buses actually do have their NDR buttons flipped aside in real life. :)

• Not this one, Ive been in one and they waren't flipped aside. There where also blue with lightgray N_D_R on it.

Currently working on:

• wilburg22 thanks for the offer but just as Eyon said there are buses with these flipped N-D-R buttons. And yes, there are also buses with the coloured N-D-R buttons but unfortunately I don`t know which series have these. I guess it is very hard to find out so I will most probably stay with the actual flipped N-D-R buttons.

This is the texture I use for the N-D-R buttons and you can see that they are flipped.

And we have also buses with the coloured N-D-R buttons.

Die Signatur ist derzeit unterwegs mit einem unbekannten Bus mit einem unbekannten Ziel.

• I see....
    Btw. This steerign wheel seems realy hard to drive with in real life becouse if you slip away with your hand from a bar you dont get stpped y the "middle circle" where tis connected....
    NOw i see how much detail there is in this bus.... Wow this is almsot better then most V1.0 busses....

Currently working on:

• As far as I know, we had in our NL 205 Buses the coloured D N R buttons, and they were changed to the black ones when they needed reprair. Maybe this was also in this bus, and they are flippes aside because nobody cared and they were maybe built for another bus...

• Or its a broken old one that isn't in service anymore *-*

Currently working on:

• As far as I know, we had in our NL 205 Buses the coloured D N R buttons, and they were changed to the black ones when they needed reprair. Maybe this was also in this bus, and they are flippes aside because nobody cared and they were maybe built for another bus...

STCP also have those black DNR buttons on some O405N2, O530 and MAN CNG. Not sure if they have tose on the Lion's City DD, though...

Any replies in English are acceptable, since I don't understand German that well

• I guess it is very hard to find out so I will most probably stay with the actual flipped N-D-R buttons.

In fact, it's impossible to find out, unless you can find a mechanic from Garage West or Noord who knows about this. Most of the SB250 buses are out of service already. There's only a few left.

However, most of the buses did indeed have the colored buttons. There are only a few with the black buttons.

As far as I know, the newest series had these black buttons. Some of these buses also had a smaller and different steering wheel. It might have to do something with the transmission or either the engine, because I know for a fact that there's a difference in between some engines used in these buses. What the difference is, I don't know.

Again, I'm not really sure about my theory though...

wilburg22 ; I'm very familiar with the SB250 as well as the articulated one. There's no reason to deny my answers which are given with confidence, unless said otherwise ;).

• I said in the bus i went in there where blue/gray buttons, never said they waren't different in others....

Currently working on:

• Let's a Aggree to Disagree, and see more pics, and i think its not a big deal if the DNR buttons are flipped, that makes the bus different from all others! ;)

Please do not converse with the driver when the bus/truck is in motion!

• Hello people.

The work at the package standard buses is paused at the moment. Unfortunately I didn`t had another choice than to start working on the articulated version, because most of them have been recplaced by the new Citea`s in a short period. The construction is going fine but since the dashboard is completely different I have to rebuild that, that will take some time. Because I saw a view pictures where you can see a view Volvo`s driving around in Berlin I have made a BVG version. The GVB version will also still be there ofcourse.

• Your model looks very nice and the textures are good too, but don't you realize that there is something compleatly wrong with your buses? I don't know the reason but everything is always lightened from the wrong side. Look at your first picture: The Bus is compleatly lightened although you are looking into the sun!
    You should fix this, because it would be a great pity with this nice model.

Greetings,
    Perotin

• CityBus , looks great. I miss this type buses in Amsterdam. There are only 3 on duty. The other buses of those are replaced by CITEA SLFA - 180. ;-(.

But Great work.

Helpdesk Crew of Bronsmeer Arriva
    - Bronsmeer v1.0 (Bartjk)
    - Bronsmeer V2.0 (Bartjk)

Working on WIP map Amsterdam City
    Repaints making of GVB Company